Will Crystalsky work with Spark?
12188 84 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_zine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49521 ft
United Kingdom

I for one will never buy the Crystalsky ... I have a perfectly good iPhone 7 that should be up to the task.
I can't see why anyone would spend £500 on a Spark or £1,000 on a Mavic, then have to spend another £500,  on a separate gadget?!
2017-12-30
Use props
jrfarrar
lvl.1
United States

Cameron Dasso Posted at 2017-12-30 07:32
If it was me I would get the Mavic before a dedicated display. I have both and for me at least, having the Mavic frees me up to enjoy the Spark for like extreme portability and follow me stuff which is what it was designed for and the Mavic for the long flights at long distances and unexpected winds and such. The Mavic it crazy portable for its class but I can put the Spark in a little case with 2 extra batteries and have it in the air to take a picture or quick vidoe in about a minute. Even without a controller at all or just my phone.

I love my Spark for taking it with me wherever I go and putting it in the air at the spur of the moment when the opportunity to get a quick video or picture comes.

x2

I have both the Spark and a Mavic Pro.  The Spark just can't do distance the way Occusync can.  However I personally think the Spark is way more fun to fly and I think it takes great video and especially good photos for it's size.  I've made some really great production videos from the Spark.  I've also gotten some really good high speed footage while in Sports mode and because of the "look" of the little thing almost out of control it really added to the video the sense of speed.

In the end they are all tools.  Crystal Sky is on it's way and will mostly be used for Mavic but really hoping it works well with my Spark too.
2018-2-21
Use props
fansa017bfa8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

TrevorL Posted at 2017-10-13 09:44
The only cable I have got to work with CS to Spark RC is usb C to micro. The micro usb and usb ports on my CS don't seem to connect to the Spark RC,

I received my 5.5 CrystalSky yesterday.  It works great with my P4 and DJI mount.  Had a few issues using it with my Spark. First tried it with Mav/Spark DJI mount. It would connect with OTG but no telemetry and maps. After hours of research I decided to use WIFI. It connected, all telemetry and maps looked good. I took a short flight and connection was solid. What is confusing me, how is the Spark getting map data while being connected to the RC via Wi-Fi?
2018-3-15
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>

fansa017bfa8 Posted at 2018-3-15 14:08
I received my 5.5 CrystalSky yesterday.  It works great with my P4 and DJI mount.  Had a few issues using it with my Spark. First tried it with Mav/Spark DJI mount. It would connect with OTG but no telemetry and maps. After hours of research I decided to use WIFI. It connected, all telemetry and maps looked good. I took a short flight and connection was solid. What is confusing me, how is the Spark getting map data while being connected to the RC via Wi-Fi?

Otg will now work with CS on Spark since latest update.
I had a lot of trouble getting it to work.
Multi reboots etc.
If you can’t get it work let me know.
I did something else as well it’s working fine now.
2018-5-31
Use props
djiuser_KqaiLksCpAZw
New

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-27 00:49
TrevorL, please connect crystalsky with spark through wifi. Thanks for your understanding.

Will the OTG cable work with Crystal Sky and DJI Spark Controller? I need to connect Crystal Sky to wifi for Network.
2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules