Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Props. ?
1654 36 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So I get an email this morning to tell me new props are available and direct link to store. This afternoon I go to link only to see they are out of stock. Wtf how many were made how many are people buying. I still have the original props on my Mavic .
2017-9-27
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep - same... Doesn't look like they have many....
2017-9-27
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

I got my email reminder about 5:30p Pacific...I nailed down my order for 4 sets immediately...it was received, confirmed, processed and shipped very quickly a few hours later.
2017-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pumavic Posted at 2017-9-27 09:04
I got my email reminder about 5:30p Pacific...I nailed down my order for 4 sets immediately...it was received, confirmed, processed and shipped very quickly a few hours later.

I’m presuming a lot of people purchased in numbers so quickly sold out, well it will be interesting to see how early adopters get on.
2017-9-27
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-27 09:09
I’m presuming a lot of people purchased in numbers so quickly sold out, well it will be interesting to see how early adopters get on.

yep...that email did say they are limited in quantity and will be first come, first served.

I do have to give props (intended ) to DJI for being on top of the reminder process and actually sending them out as soon as they were available. I've signed up for these reminders for other tech and sometimes I never hear anything.
2017-9-27
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

I ordered immediately after receiving the in-stock email last night, glad I did. I got shipment notification early this morning.  I'm amazed it actually worked.  Well, maybe I should wait until I receive the shipment.
2017-9-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same, I woke up, checked my email, clicked the link, and they were sold out already.  It's quite frustrating.  I wish they would have limited to one set per customer.  Some people bought 6 or 7 sets.  Why?  Wouldn't you want to try them first?  Shouldn't have went to bed early last night.
2017-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

gabriel.magana Posted at 2017-9-27 09:40
I ordered immediately after receiving the in-stock email last night, glad I did. I got shipment notification early this morning.  I'm amazed it actually worked.  Well, maybe I should wait until I receive the shipment.

Sometimes sales like this one have the effect of creating frenzy buying and also put in the minds of people some greater need to have something which is of little value but a must have because they seem to sell so fast, but the likelihood is very little were released and those who missed out will climb over dead bodies to get the next lot buying much more than they will ever need. This is a marketing mans dream and we are all playing our part.
Enjoy the new props let us know how you get on.
2017-9-27
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-27 09:57
Sometimes sales like this one have the effect of creating frenzy buying and also put in the minds of people some greater need to have something which is of little value but a must have because they seem to sell so fast, but the likelihood is very little were released and those who missed out will climb over dead bodies to get the next lot buying much more than they will ever need. This is a marketing mans dream and we are all playing our part.

I get your point of creating scarcity to drive up sales (I finally abandoned Apple altogether, lol).

In my case, I want to know if these props really quiet down the Mavic enough for me to avoid buying the Spark. I want to fly in more places where a loud drone will freak people out, and I have a vacation coming up in a couple months, so I need to decide quickly.
2017-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

gabriel.magana Posted at 2017-9-27 10:13
I get your point of creating scarcity to drive up sales (I finally abandoned Apple altogether, lol).

In my case, I want to know if these props really quiet down the Mavic enough for me to avoid buying the Spark. I want to fly in more places where a loud drone will freak people out, and I have a vacation coming up in a couple months, so I need to decide quickly.

I can tell you now that spark is just as loud as Mavic if not louder.
2017-9-27
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-27 10:21

Dang it!  Thanks for the info!
2017-9-27
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sure is. Had one to compare and it's screeching loud.
2017-9-27
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yeah me too. Clicked and it said 'SOLD OUT". Hope there's no price gouging now that buyers cleaned up the shelves.
2017-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It would be great to have somebody measure this in a controlled environment.
2017-9-27
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

So, are these the new props that should be more quite?

I don't quite understand the difference between the Mavic Pro, and the new Mavic Pro Platinum, other than the extended life on battery and more silent flight. If I replace my mavic pros props with these new props, is my mavic pro now essentially a Mavic Pro Platinum? Or am I misunderstanding this entirely?
2017-9-27
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Ok, maybe I spoke too soon.........

This is the overview from DJI website, which I signed up for an email apon restock of product........

"The 8331 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Mavic Pro series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Mavic Pro Platinum, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing, and flight time is extended to 30 minutes. Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much."
2017-9-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your going to use them on the 1st general mavic then it may be a good thing you didn't buy them, I've seen a few reports of the low noise props not making much difference on the older mavic, I've also read that a firmware update is required to use the new props. Low noise might = less power?
2017-9-27
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-27 10:25
Yeah me too. Clicked and it said 'SOLD OUT". Hope there's no price gouging now that buyers cleaned up the shelves.

Ya got my order in, shows it is processed but no shipping as of yet!
2017-9-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-9-27 09:47
Same, I woke up, checked my email, clicked the link, and they were sold out already.  It's quite frustrating.  I wish they would have limited to one set per customer.  Some people bought 6 or 7 sets.  Why?  Wouldn't you want to try them first?  Shouldn't have went to bed early last night.

Those poor souls crash their drones a lot... that's why... I wonder how many gimbals they buy a month...
2017-9-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-9-27 11:32
If your going to use them on the 1st general mavic then it may be a good thing you didn't buy them, I've seen a few reports of the low noise props not making much difference on the older mavic, I've also read that a firmware update is required to use the new props. Low noise might = less power?

Where did you read about the firmware update for the new blades?
2017-9-27
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Well in tge last fw update .0400 it said support for new props was one of the changes sooo...
2017-9-27
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I don't know I just went back and looked at the changelog and it says it added support for the mavic pro Platinum but also the new props if support was just for the mavic pro Platinum would  it not just say that?
2017-9-27
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

gabriel.magana Posted at 2017-9-27 10:24
Dang it!  Thanks for the info!

The spark is quieter than the Mavic:

2017-9-27
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine shipped and will be here friday.
2017-9-27
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-27 12:04
Well in tge last fw update .0400 it said support for new props was one of the changes sooo...

Yep, thats's correct. Read it on the most recent F/W.
2017-9-27
Use props
PushSky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554925 ft
United States

Signed up for in stock notice, but nothing yet.    Really interested to give the 8331s a try.
2017-9-27
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm pretty sure a lot of people put their name down for notification when available, I got the email late last night and got out of bed and put in an order along with couple of batteries and some spark props.  I read somewhere that some guy snagged 20 pairs of them and others purchased less than that, I am sure you will see them on ebay or amazon soon enough.
2017-9-27
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-27 17:10
I'm pretty sure a lot of people put their name down for notification when available, I got the email late last night and got out of bed and put in an order along with couple of batteries and some spark props.  I read somewhere that some guy snagged 20 pairs of them and others purchased less than that, I am sure you will see them on ebay or amazon soon enough.

Yep, I sent that reminder right when they had the announcement, I said what the hell and I guess those first ones that got sent were the first ones to get notice. Mine are coming by the end of day this Friday. That's too bad they didn't set a limit if that's true, 20 pair? come on...
2017-9-27
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-27 17:10

"I am sure you will see them on ebay or amazon soon enough."

Exactly, wouldn't be surprised.

DJI should've set a policy of limit per sales given the fact that so many were waiting for their release.

Oh well still on the waiting list.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yeah, the new low-noise prop is one of the popular accessories of the year. Please kind notice the available news and grab the chance.
2017-9-27
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Set up notification, and during the night the props were on sale again. Woke up and purchased two pair. Wanted to buy several more just in case, but thought of you guys and only bought what I needed. Once they are no longer in high demand, I will purchase some back ups. Says it wont ship for a while, but o well.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

they back up now but not the Platinum just the Gold
2017-9-28
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-9-28 03:46
Set up notification, and during the night the props were on sale again. Woke up and purchased two pair. Wanted to buy several more just in case, but thought of you guys and only bought what I needed. Once they are no longer in high demand, I will purchase some back ups. Says it wont ship for a while, but o well.

"Woke up and purchased two pair. Wanted to buy several more just in case"

That's the key thing here is to wake up in the middle of the night to click on buy-it-now. I'll do that on the next round.
2017-9-28
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-9-27 11:32

Not sure about the firmware update requirement however, the low noise comes from what I believe to be a different pitch in the new prop blade compared to the standard Mavic props. This has the effect of creating more lift at lower revs hence helping to reduce noise and extend flight times due to the motors and new ESC's not working as hard.

Obviously, the original Mavic does not have the new ESC's so extended flight times are most likely going to be negligible but the noise level of new props v original props on the original Mavic may work to make it a little quieter due to lower motor speeds.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Bigga J Posted at 2017-9-28 05:43
Not sure about the firmware update requirement however, the low noise comes from what I believe to be a different pitch in the new prop blade compared to the standard Mavic props. This has the effect of creating more lift at lower revs hence helping to reduce noise and extend flight times due to the motors and new ESC's not working as hard.

Obviously, the original Mavic does not have the new ESC's so extended flight times are most likely going to be negligible but the noise level of new props v original props on the original Mavic may work to make it a little quieter.

In the new firmware update notes it mentions adding support for the new blades but exactly what that is...not sure.
2017-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-9-28 05:34
they back up now but not the Platinum just the Gold

Yeah seen that 15/20 days shipping.
2017-9-28
Use props
FlyingFish82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-27 09:57

I agree with you, we shall see how much real diff these props do for the Mavic Pro. the mavic flies great without them, so for now i will wait unitl the frenzy goes down a bit and try them myself. hope all of those who got them give some feedback and thoughts!  
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules