Possible solution to no signal
5297 38 2015-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

After flying the Inspire many times i got the "no signal" sign.It came back again and again.
When moving the Inspire it appears.So after a lot of research I think I found the solution.
Just under the nose and above the gimbal mount there are 2 connectors.I pushed very gently with a toothpick on them and it seems that the problem is solved.Did a few testflights and everything kept on working well.
I hope that this will be the solution.Will also asked my dealer to have a look at this to avoid this in the future.But for now it's ok  and it seems to stay this way.Have done very agressive moves and still ok.
Keep you informed how things will work in the future.
2015-4-6
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Nice info to know....are you saying the 2 connectors are not making contact properly that causes the Inspire to drop out of GPS mode to ATTI? Do you do this for every flight you take....a lot of people are under the impression that this is a firmware issue.
2015-4-6
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
South Africa

Iv'e just had a look to where you are talking about with the connectors, can you take a pic of the connectors your reffering to & what made you think about that the 2 connectors that could be the possible solution.
2015-4-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Pictures would be good, can't see what connectors you refer to.
2015-4-6
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2015-4-6 20:42
Nice info to know....are you saying the 2 connectors are not making contact properly that causes the ...

Correct stephen, this is a different issue apparently causing the same effect.
2015-4-6
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
South Africa

dundee Posted at 2015-4-6 23:28
Correct stephen, this is a different issue apparently causing the same effect.

Do you see what connectors he is referring to m8.....I cant see them, until he gives a photo of what he is referring to, do you reckon by pushing in the connectors it may sort out the compass issue?
2015-4-6
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2015-4-7 00:47
Do you see what connectors he is referring to m8.....I cant see them, until he gives a photo of wh ...

He will still have the problem, only less frequent i think, until the new FW
2015-4-6
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

please post a picture. i am experiencing the same problem. it started once in a while right after after the firmware update but for the last 15 days it happens all the time when i turn aggressively. you are right it has to do with mentioned connectors.  thank you very much for sharing.  
2015-4-6
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hello,Just back from 2 hrs of flying and I didn't had any problem.I am talking about the no video signal.Top centre shows a red no signal sign
Not sure that it's the final solution or a FW problem,but I'm glad that this problem is over for now. DSC_2483 kopiëren.jpg

2015-4-6
Use props
skip
lvl.2
United States

delas Posted at 2015-4-7 01:55
please post a picture. i am experiencing the same problem. it started once in a while right after af ...

I was very skeptical but I have to say "Thank You" it fixed mine and I have been doing everything from reloading software to changing tablets and etc. But it worked and I pushed mine in and didn't think they were loss but must of been thank you again.
2015-4-6
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

skip@interactiv Posted at 2015-4-7 10:01
I was very skeptical but I have to say "Thank You" it fixed mine and I have been doing everything  ...

so good to hear you solved the real problem. the next firmware update will solve the rest.
2015-4-7
Use props
M3SpeedRacer
lvl.2

United States

huppeencoyote69 Posted at 2015-4-7 03:55
Hello,Just back from 2 hrs of flying and I didn't had any problem.I am talking about the no video si ...

And I just sent mine to DJI support for no video feed issue. Wish I knew about these connections.
2015-4-7
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

M3SpeedRacer Posted at 2015-4-7 19:26
And I just sent mine to DJI support for no video feed issue. Wish I knew about these connections.

tonight i am going to give a try with the connections. fingers crossed. . . .    
2015-4-7
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

Ok here is what i got when it happened.I recieved a lot of no signal warnings during flights.So when I came home I saw that the gimbal was doing everything right.It responded to all my commands and all video and photo during flights were on th SD card.
When I started my app several messages appeared : update wanted "till latest firmware.Tried another tablet and installed the app again.Same story.
Because there was no need to update(did it allready).So I came to the conclusion that it must be something with the connection and checked all connections.Everytime i checked wich could be the problem and I came to this conclusion.
If I helped anybody with this solution,glad you can fly again!
Another thing can be a problem that you didn't turn the gimbal lock enough clockwise to lock it perfectly.
You can check this by turning the lock without the gimbal to locked position.Then place the gimbal and see if you can turn the lock to the same position.It needs a little extra force to get it there.
Good luck.I'm happy again since i didn't get this problem back for the second day in a row.(again 2 hrs without warning)
2015-4-7
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

delas Posted at 2015-4-7 23:30
tonight i am going to give a try with the connections. fingers crossed. . . .

Let me now if it worked
2015-4-7
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

No signal issue test http://youtu.be/3TdOsfEU2LQ
This is before the attempt to tighten the connectors..
2015-4-7
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

Unfortunately not. I pushed connectors with 2 toothpicks and the problem is still there.
2015-4-7
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

"No signal" issue fixed!!!
99% sure what it causes the problem. In my case not the cable connectors.
2015-4-9
Use props
marco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1500794 ft
Austria

delas Posted at 2015-4-10 06:47
"No signal" issue fixed!!!
99% sure what it causes the problem. In my case not the cable connector ...

So what was the problem in your case - I am having the exact same problem and in my case also the connectors are not the cause.

Thanks!
2015-4-9
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

Just started to have this problem... This fixed it!

Thanks!
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

marco Posted at 2015-4-10 07:12
So what was the problem in your case - I am having the exact same problem and in my case also the  ...

Marco, i have a critical question for you and for the most of the people that is experiencing the "no signal" issue when I1 is moving aggressively.
when you transfer the bird in the car from one place to the other, do you remove the gimbal / camera or are you traveling with the gimbal on? if the gimbal is on then the issue is 1. the connectors of the gimbal and gimbal mount. 2. loose or damaged cables.

fix:
1. remove the plastic nose (gently)

2. remove the gimbal mount

3. check for disconnected or damaged cables

4. clean with white spirit the gimbal / gimbal mount connector

5. most important!!!! push, gently, individually, each component of the connector gimbal / gimbal mount to put them back in normal position.

this is what i did and the problem is gone. if you feel comfortable and confident do it.

this videos shows how to remove components.

2015-4-10
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

delas Posted at 2015-4-10 20:06
Marco, i have a critical question for you and for the most of the people that is experiencing the  ...

Dear Marco,
Thank You!! for making that very useful video. Fortunately i have not had to do any of that YET! :-)
2015-4-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Marco, i have a critical question for you and for the most of the people that is experiencing the  ...

Nice little video on your repair.  
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

GB44 Posted at 2015-4-10 23:41
Nice little video on your repair.

sure thing
2015-4-10
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

Beg to differ on this.  I pushed the connectors in with a toothpick, no change to the loss of GPS problem. Happened twice within 2 minutes this morning, just after takeoff.  After that it seems to go away, so its hard to believe this is a contact problem.  If it were it would recur throughout the flight. My bet is firmware as it began happening immediately after the .17 update.
2015-4-10
Use props
marco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1500794 ft
Austria

Thanks a lot Delas - I'll give it a try the weekend and post my results!
2015-4-10
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

The problem I had was a bend contact as photo 3 at the low row the second contact from the left was bend against 1st left.
Coult be a forcing fault of me by adding the camera to the unit, despite I am very aware of the fragile contacts. I bend it slowly back and now problem solved.
My advice; Be aware of the fragile and sensitive contacts and check the contacts everytime you add the camera.      
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

philbard Posted at 2015-4-11 00:57
Beg to differ on this.  I pushed the connectors in with a toothpick, no change to the loss of GPS pr ...

Do the test and shake it as I did in order to find out if it is gimbal's / gimbal mount connector loose contacts or firmware. In case that while shaking signal stops then is the connectors. Check pic 3. In case that connectors totally f@@@d up then order here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Insp ... hash=item234e7554e0
and repaire.
This will save you time and money.
I hope I helped.
2015-4-10
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Aha - I see.

I never take the gimbal off the Inspire - I have a self-made suitcase that allow me to always keep the gimbal on - and thus also never put the Inspire in travel mode.

It can explain why I never had experience lost contact .
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

marco Posted at 2015-4-11 03:07
Thanks a lot Delas - I'll give it a try the weekend and post my results!

Good luck mate, I am sure you're gonna fix it. In case something goes wrong the solution is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Insp ... hash=item234e7554e0
So try it with confidence.
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

enkhome Posted at 2015-4-11 03:29
The problem I had was a bend contact as photo 3 at the low row the second contact from the left was  ...

That's right.
2015-4-10
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-11 04:07
Aha - I see.

I never take the gimbal off the Inspire - I have a self-made suitcase that allow me  ...

Or maybe you're lucky.
2015-4-10
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

delas Posted at 2015-4-11 04:16
Or maybe you're lucky.

Yes that is also very possible
2015-4-10
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

delas Posted at 2015-4-11 04:04
Do the test and shake it as I did in order to find out if it is gimbal's / gimbal mount connector  ...

No doubt if you have a connector problem it needs attention.  Perhaps this is affecting a lot of people, but I'm hoping that the dropped GPS problem, which occurs predictably a few minutes into the flight then disappears completely is fixed in the next FM update. Thanks for the suggestions, however.
2015-4-11
Use props
madmaxx
lvl.1

United States

Going to give this a try... I dont think this is for the GPS issue thats more likely to be a firmware issue but for the no signal makes perfect sense, had a scary situation last night,bird was going back and forth with the no signal issue bird started moving forward at 393 feet...picking up speed had no control for a few seconds... as soon as I got control back I brought the bird down to about 10 feet and landed after that, not fun at all.
2015-4-11
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

philbard Posted at 2015-4-12 00:23
No doubt if you have a connector problem it needs attention.  Perhaps this is affecting a lot of p ...

i hope so!
2015-4-11
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

madmaxx Posted at 2015-4-12 01:01
Going to give this a try... I dont think this is for the GPS issue thats more likely to be a firmwar ...

sounds scary!
2015-4-11
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

thanks for your time and input.
I'm having vid feed issues too. It comes ands goes frequently.
I'll give it a try and hopefully the issue will be gone
2015-4-26
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

Airosa Posted at 2015-4-27 10:45
thanks for your time and input.
I'm having vid feed issues too. It comes ands goes frequently.
I'l ...

it will be gone my friend. act as per third picture. push each one of the small connectors and clean them with white spirit.
95 % i believe that the problem will be fixed.
2015-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules