Video settings keep reverting back to 1080p
2566 6 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Senorpablo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407323 ft
United States

The video record settings on my Mavic keep going back to 1080p and I have to constantly check them and set them back to 4k. Super annoying. There are a lot of important things to be focused on prior to and while flying and filming. Making sure your video settings haven't myseteriuosly changed shouldn't be one of them.
I set the video to 4k and never change it, so there's no reason for me to verify the setting is correct before flying. As a result, I've got some rare footage from traveling that is 1080p rather than higher quality 4k which is a real bummer.

Anyone else experience this and have a fix?
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did you switch the flight mode to the intelligent flight mode? If yes, the camera settings might be changed because it will automatically switch to the most optimized settings to engage the intelligent flight. And sometimes firmware upgrading will also reset the settings. Please check if you have any other operations that might cause the reset. Or if it simply will change the settings with no other operations, firstly please update all your firmware and app, and please provide me with a video of your case if it is convenient. Thank you.
2017-9-27
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

Are you using the goggles ? Depending on the settings of the goggles they will reset the video quality.
2017-9-27
Use props
Senorpablo
lvl.2
United States

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-9-27 20:34
Are you using the goggles ? Depending on the settings of the goggles they will reset the video quality.

I use the goggles sometimes.
2017-9-28
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

Senorpablo Posted at 2017-9-28 02:26
I use the goggles sometimes.

Make sure that the "Live View Mode" (in the tools) is set to No Change.
Check the manual for the details what the various Live View modes do.
2017-9-28
Use props
Senorpablo
lvl.2
United States

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-9-28 03:10
Make sure that the "Live View Mode" (in the tools) is set to No Change.
Check the manual for the details what the various Live View modes do.

Thanks for the tip. I had it set to HD. Hopefully that fixes the issue. The text for the first two modes says it "may" change video settings. LOL

Just watched my footage and about 40% is in 1080 which looks awful on the Mavic.
2017-9-29
Use props
raggartv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237277 ft

Sweden

Found this old thread when running into the same issue and also found out what had caused it, in my case it was operator error ( don´t fiddle with the app ..  )
If you , in the settings, switch to broadcast mode, it will go down ( rather obvious ... ) to 1080 , it will not go back to 4K when you disable broadcast mode .

This with Inspire 2 and latest version 2023-01-08 of the app .

For anyone running in to the same issue , hope it helps
Tomas
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules