Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Galaxy Note 8 with Osmo Mobile?
123Next >
25669 82 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexCV
New
United States

Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is compatible with the Osmo Mobile? I am planning on purchasing an Osmo Mobile but not sure if my phone is compatible. I know the note 8 is bigger and heavier than most phones so if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Alex, appreciate your support to DJI product firstly, while Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is not in our list, so the compatibility cannot be guaranteed.
Hope other users who use Samsung Galaxy Note 8 could give you come advice.
2017-9-28
Use props
ash10
New
United States

Saw a youtube video where someone added a counterweight in order to balance the Note 8.

I just recently got a Note 8 and it seemed to balance fine without a counterweights if you extend the arm all the way out, this was without a case on my phone.  I haven't taken the time to really see if there were any noticeable differences in handling the Note 8 size/weight vs what I had previously(s7 edge), just a quick balance check and slight movements and it seemed fine. The DIJ go app connected fine and actually was easier to setup, only had to install it and connect(Previously had issues initially opening the app with the s7 edge).

Hope this helps.
2017-9-28
Use props
sbisoyi
New
India

I purchased the osmo mobile recently and its seems to not able to balance it and keeps getting the "mount your device" message. But I have seen people post videos on youtube with their note 8. Kind of a hit or miss situation there.
2017-10-1
Use props
Sia.jonathan
New
New Zealand

Hey everyone. I've been using the note 8 for about a week. Was previously on S7 edge.osmo mobile powered off and without a case when extending the arm all the way the note seems to balance just fine.
However when I use the supplied clear case for the note 8, there is a slight tilt left. You can notice it but the Osmo mobile operates just fine anyway.

Not sure how this slight imbalance affects the motors or performance.

Anyone else have similar experience with the DJI app or filmic pro on note 8 + OsmoMo mobile?
2017-10-2
Use props
ahhChu
New
United States

I tried using my Note8 with my Osmo Mobile and was not able to get it to balance. I put it in without a case and drops to the left.. It still works but after a few minutes the Osmo gets hot and eventually turns off. It also drains the battery like crazy!

Anyone have a good suggestion on countering the weight? I'm thinking of adding coins...
2017-10-3
Use props
MPU
New
Lithuania

Unbalanced and it took a bolt with 2 nuts to make it perfect center.
The solution isn't elegant, but it worked for 5 mins at least. A longer test yet to come.

Anyways, I am buying another battery for my Osmo, who knows how much more energy this new balancing situation will need.
2017-10-5
Use props
fansbf093b7e
New
Flight distance : 615427 ft
New Zealand

Hi my note 8 is balanced with out case but the dji go app has problem it can only record for 30 seconds then screen is off stop recording any one has same problem ? Thanks
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbf093b7e Posted at 2017-10-26 15:55
Hi my note 8 is balanced with out case but the dji go app has problem it can only record for 30 seconds then screen is off stop recording any one has same problem ? Thanks

Sir, do you mean the screen turns out to be black after 30 seconds recording?
Will the Bluetooth get disconnected?
2017-10-26
Use props
fansbf093b7e
New
Flight distance : 615427 ft
New Zealand

Hi Mindy, the screen is turn off and stop recording with or without osmo mobile, I have tried record video by using dji go app by itself the screen still turns off, the Bluetooth still connected
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbf093b7e Posted at 2017-10-26 21:19
Hi Mindy, the screen is turn off and stop recording with or without osmo mobile, I have tried record video by using dji go app by itself the screen still turns off, the Bluetooth still connected

Is that possible to take a short video with another mobile phone about the problem your are experiencing? I will report to our engineers to look into, thanks.
2017-10-27
Use props
creep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6072713 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I have same problem with Galaxy S8+
It happened a couple of weeks ago, before this everything worked properly
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Update: we have been aware of this issue and will get it fixed in next APP release.
Please try to downgrade APP or try iOS mobile device if possible, sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-10-30
Use props
fansb0f1ba1f
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-30 00:10
Update: we have been aware of this issue and will get it fixed in next APP release.
Please try to downgrade APP or try iOS mobile device if possible, sorry for the trouble caused.

Why my screen keeps turning off on my galaxy note 8, i setup my screen time to 30 second but it should recognize the dji is open and recording
2017-10-31
Use props
Kurogami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-26 21:08
Sir, do you mean the screen turns out to be black after 30 seconds recording?
Will the Bluetooth get disconnected?

I have the same problem with my Note 8. The bluetooth is still on, and OSMO Mobile is still connected, but the screen shuts off based on the screen on time setting. So mine would shut-off/stop recording after 30 seconds. I needed to switch it to 10 min in order to keep recording, but if I record more than 10 min, then the same problem happens. This really shouldn't be the case, the screen off timer is when your phone is 'inactive'. The DJI app should count as an activity, not to mention the camera setting. Also the recording isn't in 4k, the setting tops out at 1080p. I had a Samsung Galaxy S8+, and none of the issues mentioned here happened with S8+. Seems to me it's a DJI GO compatibility issue.
2017-11-1
Use props
fans660255bf
New

United States

Ck my response in the post 'S7 Edge shuts off after 25 sec'. The culprit is the new app upgrade causing the shut off isdue.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb0f1ba1f Posted at 2017-10-31 19:10
Why my screen keeps turning off on my galaxy note 8, i setup my screen time to 30 second but it should recognize the dji is open and recording

Sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on getting it sorted out in the next APP.
Would you please use iOS device temporarily if you have one or downgrade the APP in your Android mobile phone?
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kurogami Posted at 2017-11-1 08:50
I have the same problem with my Note 8. The bluetooth is still on, and OSMO Mobile is still connected, but the screen shuts off based on the screen on time setting. So mine would shut-off/stop recording after 30 seconds. I needed to switch it to 10 min in order to keep recording, but if I record more than 10 min, then the same problem happens. This really shouldn't be the case, the screen off timer is when your phone is 'inactive'. The DJI app should count as an activity, not to mention the camera setting. Also the recording isn't in 4k, the setting tops out at 1080p. I had a Samsung Galaxy S8+, and none of the issues mentioned here happened with S8+. Seems to me it's a DJI GO compatibility issue.

Sir, so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our APP.
It is the APP issue, we are aware of this and are working on it, please check my post in 17#.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans660255bf Posted at 2017-11-1 18:41
Ck my response in the post 'S7 Edge shuts off after 25 sec'. The culprit is the new app upgrade causing the shut off isdue.

We will get it fixed soon, please use iOS mobile device if you have one temporarily.
Really sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-11-1
Use props
fansb0f1ba1f
New
United States

I tried to downgrade the app, but i open it im forces to update..
2017-11-2
Use props
MegaTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425151 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-1 23:22
Sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on getting it sorted out in the next APP.
Would you please use iOS device temporarily if you have one or downgrade the APP in your Android mobile phone?

How do I downgrade the APP?
2017-11-3
Use props
djiuser_N0SpFq6
New
United States

is there any way to downgrade the app without being force to update please help
2017-11-3
Use props
djiuser_N0SpFq6
New
United States

I downgraded the app and is working fine also the tracking is not lagging the only thing is i dont have the option to facebook live, beside the fact it was turning off the tracking was not working properly
2017-11-4
Use props
BradPitt
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MegaTom Posted at 2017-11-3 08:44
How do I downgrade the APP?

Android DJI Go v3.1.22 has been released in phases, please update in time.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_N0SpFq6 Posted at 2017-11-4 12:58
I downgraded the app and is working fine also the tracking is not lagging the only thing is i dont have the option to facebook live, beside the fact it was turning off the tracking was not working properly

May I know your current APP version? What do you mean the tracking funtion doesn't work? Do you have this function available in your mobile phone?
And may I know the model of your mobile device?
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_N0SpFq6
New
United States

I have a note 8, i do have the tracking feature but when i use it, i get a lot searching your object kind of loosing the person u tracking it works great with my daughter's iphone.. im going to try now with the new update and see
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_N0SpFq6 Posted at 2017-11-6 07:33
I have a note 8, i do have the tracking feature but when i use it, i get a lot searching your object kind of loosing the person u tracking it works great with my daughter's iphone.. im going to try now with the new update and see

Yes, please, let us know it the problem persists after updating.
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_N0SpFq6
New
United States

Everything is working fine so far
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_N0SpFq6 Posted at 2017-11-6 16:55
Everything is working fine so far

That is good to know, any further problem, please keep us updated in time.
2017-11-8
Use props
fans07509e3c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101978 ft
France

I have a samsung note 8 and still no 4k setting in osmo mobile even with 3,1,22 app version
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans07509e3c Posted at 2017-11-11 22:47
I have a samsung note 8 and still no 4k setting in osmo mobile even with 3,1,22 app version

Hi, Sir, the following devices which we have tested have the 4K resolution:
Samsung S8, Samsung S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 plus, Huawei P10, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, MI Max, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE
We will keep improving our products to make it compatible with more mobile devices.
2017-11-13
Use props
fans07509e3c
lvl.2
France

for those who use the note 8 you can use filmic pro for 4k reccording and its working with osmo mobile control
2017-11-17
Use props
ikogsakanding
lvl.1
Philippines

I tested it on my Note 8, but I cannot shoot in 4k. it has only 1080 and it has an error on the app " resolution not supported on dji go app"

2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ikogsakanding Posted at 2017-11-19 05:08
I tested it on my Note 8, but I cannot shoot in 4k. it has only 1080 and it has an error on the app " resolution not supported on dji go app"

We are sorry for the inconvenience, you can take 4K resolution with the camera in your mobile phone, Osmo Mobile could just be a stabilizer.
2017-11-20
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

Might as well buy a normal gimbal if that's the only solution hahahaha
2017-11-20
Use props
ikogsakanding
lvl.1
Philippines

DexterChua Posted at 2017-11-20 04:02

HaahahahHHH so useless... if thats the cass
2017-11-20
Use props
ikogsakanding
lvl.1
Philippines

Hahaahahah so useless if thats the case.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Since there are too many Android mobile devices in the market, it is hard to make sure everyone could be fully compatible with Osmo Mobile, I have listed the model of mobile phone which supports 4K resolution in 32#. And we will keep improving our products to make it compatible with more devices.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans07509e3c
lvl.2
France

New update of dji go 3.1.23 and still no 4k resolution for samsung galaxy note 8
2017-11-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules