2461 9 2017-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had read somewhere in the forums that Activetrack wouldn't run without Obstacle Avoidance.  The weather has not permitted me to do any significant testing for a while, but I did manage to do some limited backyard testing today, and found some interesting things.

I turned OA off for the test, and then I engaged activetrack (with me as the subject).  Engaging activetrack caused OA to automatically turn on, with a warning to the effect that OA is really important to use while activetracking.  But then, while the subject was being tracked, I turned off OA.  I walked around the yard with the drone in virtual tow, and it successfully tracked me.

The reason I want to activetrack without OA is that OA slows the craft down (it's max speeds are somewhere around 6-7mph when OA is on), and I have desire to track a subject (wake surfer) at speeds that are higher than this.

I've yet to test how effectively the drone will track at speed, and given that summer is past (or it feels that way), I may not get a chance to test this until next year.
2017-9-27
Use props
-OG1-
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1690 ft
United States

The spark will go faster than 7mph while tracking I do believe, see here as example
https://youtu.be/D_j_PunSFBA
2017-9-27
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

It follows my car up to 15 mph with OA on and not in sport mode.
2017-9-27
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I could not make it cope a 14km/h tractor.
It’s interesting if the enforced OA can be switched off after having selected a target. But fiddly.

In the quickshot modes where I tried to turn OA off, the switch was not greyed out, but stuck at OA on.
Maybe active track is an exception?
2017-9-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i been having a struggle with active track on my mavic too..  i can turn off OA on active track but it really does not want to follow things.. either its not able to judge speed until it really gets moving or it just gets stuck in 3D space for idk why..  with OA on or off.. i been turning OA off in active track lately because it panic breaks or panic accelerates a lot when glare hits it.  so i think Dji has changed something in the way active track system works because it isn't really that brilliant anymore.. when it does work, its ...lazy...
2017-9-27
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

With ActiveTrack - follow mode uses Collision Avoidance - Profile mode does not
2017-9-28
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks Charles for doing this test.  I'm surprised that you can turn OA off and activate Active Track and the system automatically turns OA back on.  But if turned off after AT is activated you can turn off OA.  Could it be a system error and it shouldn't or what?

Secondly, isn't Object Avoidance the same as Collision Avoidance?  if not, what is the difference?
2017-9-28
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-28 05:43
Thanks Charles for doing this test.  I'm surprised that you can turn OA off and activate Active Track and the system automatically turns OA back on.  But if turned off after AT is activated you can turn off OA.  Could it be a system error and it shouldn't or what?

Secondly, isn't Object Avoidance the same as Collision Avoidance?  if not, what is the difference?

The manual has some verbal instances called "Obstacle Avoidance", which I've been calling OA for short.
2017-9-28
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-28 06:15
The manual has some verbal instances called "Obstacle Avoidance", which I've been calling OA for short.

I knew what you meant with OA
2017-9-28
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-28 06:19
I knew what you meant with OA

Makes me sound smart.  Which is a façade anyways.
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules