Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
re: problems with crystalsky
12Next >
6452 49 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

About to invest in a Crystalsky and would like to hear the good/bad and ugly.

What personal experience might you share so others may learn.

2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

The resolution rate is very strong for Crystalsky. Here is a link for more information on the product page: http://www.dji.com/crystalsky?si ... ;from=insite_search
2017-9-28
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 07:46
The resolution rate is very strong for Crystalsky. Here is a link for more information on the product page: http://www.dji.com/crystalsky?site=brandsite&from=insite_search

I'm looking for "real life" usage from customers not corporate input...but thanks anyway.

Come on guys/gals...what's your take on the Crystalsky Monitors?
2017-9-28
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I am very happy with my 5.5 inch version that i use with my Mavic.
Had some minor issues in the beginning, but a firmware updates fixed that. (Extreme lag in video feed that needed force closing of GO app to fix)
Battery life is really good, and it does not drain my RC's battery like my phone did. Screen brightness and app stability are excellent.
SD card slots, USB port ant HDMI out are briliant features.
My only complaints would be it is slightly difficult to tap items on the screen that are in the corners. This is due to the raised lip around the screen.
It is also way bulkier then my phone, so portability is not as good.

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with.
2017-9-28
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

I am very happy with my 7.5, even though it is back to DJI for a jerky compass issue.
I like the dedicated aspect of it, I do not want to install 3rd party apps, it is nice and bright.
What is interesting, it feels rather heavy at home, yet when flying, I do not even notice the weight.
Updates seem to come regularly, and not one issues connecting or random boots when flying.
For a V 1.0 product, very happy.
2017-9-28
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

CS is good, but could be better.

SD card readers and USB port are slow. Im using it for backup footage or copy to client. for example i have 100 GB of videos about hotels and is problem. I dont understund WHY. This items dont change price CS criticaly.

File browser is very very simple. You cant sort files, or filters, you cant see thumbails (must use DJI GO4), you cant turn of subtitles (with DJI GO app is ok)  and photos are vely low quality under file explorer (better in DJI GO app).  

CS cant read DNG, so you must capture image in JPG too if you want to see in CS

Still compas problem.

new mount with RC  is too big for P4 original box. (you can make some place with knife )
2017-9-29
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Dovivan Posted at 2017-9-29 00:16
CS is good, but could be better.

SD card readers and USB port are slow. Im using it for backup footage or copy to client. for example i have 100 GB of videos about hotels and is problem. I dont understund WHY. This items dont change price CS criticaly.

My 5.5" works great for all the reasons listed above, DJI is slow to release new G4 app updates for the Andriod platform on the CS. Newest G4 Update is the 4.1.10 which has Quick shot features & Dynamic Home Point, still running G$ 4.1.6 on the CS with no update available.

Also seems impossible to get a spare battery for one.
2017-9-29
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StianGel Posted at 2017-9-28 13:54
I am very happy with my 5.5 inch version that i use with my Mavic.
Had some minor issues in the beginning, but a firmware updates fixed that. (Extreme lag in video feed that needed force closing of GO app to fix)
Battery life is really good, and it does not drain my RC's battery like my phone did. Screen brightness and app stability are excellent.

Since the monitor mounts upside down...is there a way to flip the screen in the menu?
2017-9-29
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 2017-9-29 17:26
Since the monitor mounts upside down...is there a way to flip the screen in the menu?

Also, the charging nightmare...if you don't have any other DJI products!

Hard to believe they'd sell a battery without a charger!!!

What were they thinking?
2017-9-29
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

As it is aimed at the pro market That most people would already have a suitable charger & wouldn't want to pay for another,
2017-9-29
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

broadlandboy Posted at 2017-9-29 21:17
As it is aimed at the pro market That most people would already have a suitable charger & wouldn't want to pay for another,

The product is advertised for the Mavic and therefore a charger requisite
2017-9-29
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

geoffz Posted at 2017-9-29 17:26

Yes, just tap 'flip screen' in the quick access menue.

Screenshot_CS.png
2017-9-29
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

geoffz Posted at 2017-9-29 17:29
Also, the charging nightmare...if you don't have any other DJI products!

Hard to believe they'd sell a battery without a charger!!!

I had to buy a new charger as well.
More and more stuff to bring if you travel for more then a few days.
I bought the cheapest charger i could find in my local hobby shop.
Really wish it was possible to charge the batteries with USB through to CS.
2017-9-30
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

StianGel Posted at 2017-9-30 03:21
I had to buy a new charger as well.
More and more stuff to bring if you travel for more then a few days.
I bought the cheapest charger i could find in my local hobby shop.

Finally tested the 5.5" version and the clarity/brightness is as advertised.  The iPad mini 4 will be gathering dust.  However, I did have to borrow a charger (not included for Mavic/Spark)...something that should be addressed if DJI plans to continue marketing the Crystalsky to these platforms.
2017-10-1
Use props
bakerfox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165338 ft
United States

I have had the 7.85" CS for about 2 months and absolutely love it.  Yes, there are a few bugs I have found, but 3 firmware updates have fixes most.  I use mine with a Phantom 4 Pro and also Phantom 4's at work.

Positives: Super bright, even in direct light, 2 MicroSD slots and playback is very fluid, comes with 2 batteries that seem to last for days of shooting before having to recharge.
Negatives: Software instructions or video tutorials would be a huge help, can't load 3rd party apps.  I understand why (you want to keep the apps clean), but some would be helpful (B4UFLY, Airmaps, etc).
Overall: Well worth the money!
2.jpg
2017-10-2
Use props
Stan1915
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579669 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-29 01:25
My 5.5" works great for all the reasons listed above, DJI is slow to release new G4 app updates for the Andriod platform on the CS. Newest G4 Update is the 4.1.10 which has Quick shot features & Dynamic Home Point, still running G$ 4.1.6 on the CS with no update available.

Also seems impossible to get a spare battery for one.

They are in stock and available to ship from Advexure
2017-10-2
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bakerfox Posted at 2017-10-2 14:02
I have had the 7.85" CS for about 2 months and absolutely love it.  Yes, there are a few bugs I have found, but 3 firmware updates have fixes most.  I use mine with a Phantom 4 Pro and also Phantom 4's at work.

Positives: Super bright, even in direct light, 2 MicroSD slots and playback is very fluid, comes with 2 batteries that seem to last for days of shooting before having to recharge.

I think DJI is making a mistake by not allowing 3rd party apps.

Or at lease that's what my commercial flying buddies have to say, who utilize various sophisticated mapping, engineering software on the job.
2017-10-2
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

OH WHAT !!!!!

I have just ordered a 5.5 Cs and now i am reading i need a charger for it ????  i only use a Mavic Pro.  so i cant use the Mavic charger for this ???

I thought the Mavic charger would fit the charging hub that comes with the CS...
2017-10-5
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-10-5 07:02
OH WHAT !!!!!

I have just ordered a 5.5 Cs and now i am reading i need a charger for it ????  i only use a Mavic Pro.  so i cant use the Mavic charger for this ???

Sorry, but you can't use the Mavic charger ...
2017-10-5
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Keule Posted at 2017-10-5 07:09
Sorry, but you can't use the Mavic charger ...

So i have ordered somthing i cant really use until i buy a new charger ....

is there a charger i can replace the Mavic one with that will fit both ??
2017-10-5
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-10-5 07:14
So i have ordered somthing i cant really use ....

Not to my knowledge. If i were you, get you a Phantom charger and you are good to go!
2017-10-5
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Keule Posted at 2017-10-5 07:18
Not to my knowledge. If i were you, get you a Phantom charger and you are good to go!

Thanks for the help..  
2017-10-5
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-10-5 07:14
So i have ordered somthing i cant really use until i buy a new charger ....

Save yourself some money

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HD1 ... 40_30332220_TE_dp_1

It works
2017-10-5
Use props
ken.videoonsite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43770 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just got my ultra bright crystalsky
Today it is a game change making it so much less stressful not having to think of reflections on a bright or overcast day . But I am concerned about the uneven lighting on the screen the left top half of my screen is brighter than the top right hand screen? Is this normal
2017-12-28
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

geoffz Posted at 2017-9-28 09:11
I'm looking for "real life" usage from customers not corporate input...but thanks anyway.

Come on guys/gals...what's your take on the Crystalsky Monitors?

Hi,
here is a real life test regarding the FPS rate performance.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=2#pid1097059
Any advice from DJI to improve the behaviour with the the Inspire pro is welcome Specially, how to downgrade the Inspire pro FW

2017-12-28
Use props
fans8b324fe7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155161 ft
  • >>>
Madagascar

i've got my CS 7.8 ultra, but during the first flight the screen went out (black) suddenly. i landed and changed battery later. i heard sound from inside but no display on the screen, i don't know why
2018-2-12
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans8b324fe7 Posted at 2018-2-12 09:53
i've got my CS 7.8 ultra, but during the first flight the screen went out (black) suddenly. i landed and changed battery later. i heard sound from inside but no display on the screen, i don't know why

Sorry Mate... your backlight has failed..
If you have a look in this forum you can see there are quite a few of us that has or had this problem.
The new firmware update has seemed to fixed this problem.
You will need to return it back to DJI for repair or replacement
Cheers
Marty
2018-2-12
Use props
djiuser_ig066mXV42Hx
lvl.1
United States

Forestjim Posted at 2018-2-12 11:35
Sorry Mate... your backlight has failed..
If you have a look in this forum you can see there are quite a few of us that has or had this problem.
The new firmware update has seemed to fixed this problem.

Hello, does anyone know if this back light issue has been resolved ?
Im looking to buy Crystalsky Ultra and dji re goggles but dont want to get stuck with back light issues for obvious reasons of a thousand dollars for a monitor
2018-2-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_ig066mXV42Hx Posted at 2018-2-16 09:12
Hello, does anyone know if this back light issue has been resolved ?
Im looking to buy Crystalsky Ultra and dji re goggles but dont want to get stuck with back light issues for obvious reasons of a thousand dollars for a monitor

Just buy it from a US authorised retailer like Advexure.

That way if it does fail then you can easily get it replaced and if it it's 14 days you can get a refund.

The normal CS have no problems at all and are plenty bright enough from my point of view.

The Ultra is the problem child, jury is still out on whether the new firmware has fixed the overheating and back light problems.

The ultra still gets hot to about 42c after 30 minutes of flying and recording, I am not sure what the standard operating temp should be, I wish DJI would tell us.

If you were going to get an ultra and goggles I'd also have a close look at the Epson Moverio BT-300 instead of the Ultra and goggles it replaces both and saves a lot of money

2018-2-16
Use props
Nabe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1627031 ft
Japan

CS can not easily pick up 5 GHz wifi
2018-2-17
Use props
Nabe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1627031 ft
Japan

CS can pick up Wifi 2.4 GHz immediately
But 5 GHz takes a lot of time to pick up
I also want this to be improved
2018-2-17
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the advice
2018-2-17
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-16 19:30
Just buy it from a US authorised retailer like Advexure.

That way if it does fail then you can easily get it replaced and if it it's 14 days you can get a refund.

I purchased my CS Ultra from DJI with American Express so if it fails in the first two weeks I can request a refund and or cancel payment if its defective, I am optimistic that DJI has fixed the cooling issue with a firmware update that controls the fans properly and I absolutely love DJI products

This weekend I was taking pictures of a 15 acre lake in my development (its close to a major highway) and I was prompted to do an update which I instantly completed

After the update I started to take off and my Falcon drone only went a few feet and said it has to land because of the highway (I flew this area before) and I watched it literally start landing in the field instead of the road where I launched

The drone never touched the ground in the field (thank goodness it would have shopped the grass in the props and crashed) it simply hovered about 12 inches above the ground until I could grab it

This update removed the ability to turn off geo fence allowing us to fly wherever we want and this update prompts us to acknowledge WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AREAS WE FLY as well as giving our phone numbers

I own and run three different businesses here so I am fully aware of how liabilities from irresponsible people can cause problems for good companies like DJI and although the update scared me thinking my drone was going to crash, it did not crash and I admire DJI for the way they completed this eliminating DJI from the liabilities from irresponsible people yet keeping the control of the UAV in the hands of the responsible people (great job DJI)

The smart glasses look actually really cool I wonder what the amount of light admitted will affect the quality of the image inside the glasses compared to the DJI RE Racing Goggles ....

Very cool products, very cool company and I am tossing around the idea of opening an indoor drone racing facility where I live that offers drone repairs, food, non-alcohol drinks for daytime and night racing under fiber lights
2018-2-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CKE ENTERPRISES Posted at 2018-2-19 15:07
I purchased my CS Ultra from DJI with American Express so if it fails in the first two weeks I can request a refund and or cancel payment if its defective, I am optimistic that DJI has fixed the cooling issue with a firmware update that controls the fans properly and I absolutely love DJI products

This weekend I was taking pictures of a 15 acre lake in my development (its close to a major highway) and I was prompted to do an update which I instantly completed

With the Epson glasses you can get different shades depending on the lighting conditions

Rochester optical has them
2018-2-20
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the heads up
2018-2-20
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

CKE ENTERPRISES Posted at 2018-2-19 15:07

UPDATE

I received my Ultra Crystalsky 2/21/2018, instantly did firmware update on monitor, software and verified drone was updated and all was well

Turned monitor on 2/21/2018 indoors while doing updates from DJI , verified after it was on fans worked and they did, received mount for rc today, ran inside and installed mount like a little kid and went outside to try this beautiful creation of a monitor .......

After less than 20 minutes its dead, will not boot again and im so bummed, the monitor was beautiful, like art and i was finally able to enjoy my Falcon edition DJO P4P for less than 20 minutes

I instantly deputed credit card charges and called DJI, DJI was very helpful, sent me a shipping label and is issuing me a refund

I tried asking the guy on the phone if they had newer models that are not defective and offered to pay 2 grand for one if it would work for a couple years and he said he has no information

Great professional staff at DJI  and i guess im off to find a monitor i can actually see in the sun

2018-2-22
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

do all of you only use it with drones?

I bought the 5.5HB to use on the Osmo+ and was looking for comments on if there was a lot of lag or not.
2018-3-20
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Andie_the_Lab Posted at 2018-3-20 09:37
do all of you only use it with drones?

I bought the 5.5HB to use on the Osmo+ and was looking for comments on if there was a lot of lag or not.

Yes, I use mine with the drone.

However, I've asked DJI many times when they're going to come out with a 5.5 CS mount for the Osmo+ and they continue to comment...'its in the works, so to speak'.

I like their purpose built mount for the mavic controller...I don't really like using 3rd party ones.  I just hope they come out with one for the Osmo+ soon.

Let us know if you've heard anything different.
2018-3-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

See this poll: https://forum.dji.com/thread-140732-1-1.html
2018-3-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

There have been numerous problems with CrystalSky.  
I bought CS Ultrabrite after I thought DJI had resolved all problems.  
I was wrong.
New from DJI, my CS Ultrabrite would Hang / Freeze / Lockup (pick your favorite description).
https://forum.dji.com/thread-139737-1-1.html
2018-3-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules