14407 10 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

if You are flying To Portugal and Want To Film You Should Follow Those Rules

A new Portuguese RPAS Regulation has been in force since 13 January 2017.

This regulation is focused on airspace use and it is available in Portuguese version only (Regulamento nº 1093/2016 Condições de operação aplicáveis à utilização do espaço aéreo pelos sistemas de aeronaves civis pilotadas remotamente (“Drones”).

To operate your drone, under the new regulation, you will need to request previous authorization, 12 working days in advance from first flight, through drones@anac.pt (Portuguese Civil Aviation Authority), in the following conditions:
·         Flight above 120 meters height;
·         Near heliports (inside 1000 meters radius circle from infrastructure);
·         Within controlled airspace (above set altitudes – See Map Google Earth);
·         Night flight (Sunset +25min till Sunrise -25min);
·         BVLOS Flight;
·         Drone weight +25Kg;
·         Over crowds (+12 persons).

If it is your intention to operate in any of the above mentioned conditions, please submit the available form, without costs, in Portuguese version only, through [drones@anac.pt]drones@anac.pt.

Also you will need to request previous permission through aerodrome director (see contact list) if operating in the following conditions:
·         Inside circle, 2500 meters radius from center aerodrome, above highest obstacle height within 75 meters radius;
·         Inside Aerodrome Traffic Zone (ATZ), above highest obstacle height inside set ATZ See Map.

Military Airspace

To operate in military airspace, you need previous authorization from military authority (Autoridade Aeronáutica Nacional-Portuguese Air Force) in the following areas:
·         Operations in military airspace See Map.;
·         Sensitive Military Areas Decree Law 248/91: Lisbon – Terreiro do Paço, National Parliament, Belém Tower, Jerónimos, Monsanto Prison Facilities, Alfeite Naval Base and Oeiras NATO facilities).

Aerial Photography/Video:

You need to request Aerial Photography/Video authorization to Autoridade Aeronáutica Nacional- Portuguese Air Force, filling the proper form available in http://www.aan.pt/subPagina-AAN-001.005.002-formularios).24 working days in advance from first flight

Nature Reserves

To operate within nature reserves, please contact ICNF, Instituto de Conservação da Natureza e Florestas (http://www.icnf.pt/portal).
If it is your intention to use the drone in the beach, we also suggest you to contact the Portuguese Maritime Authority (Autoridade Marítima Nacional – [www.amn.pt]www.amn.pt).

Insurance
Not mandatory. However, we recommend your operation to be covered by a civil liability insurance.

Autoridade Nacional da Aviação Civil
Portuguese Civil Aviation Authority

Morada:Rua B, Edifício 4 - Aeroporto Humberto Delgado
1749-034 Lisboa

Portugal

E-mail:catarina.mauricio@anac.pt
Tel.:+351 21 284 22 26 (Ext: 1718)
Fax:+351 21 841 06 12
Web:www.anac.pt

2017-9-28
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Very useful and interesting. Thank you. Multumim

DJI, why not create a flight regulation database for each country ? This would not imply any responsability for DJI or the creators but would be very useful for the international users and could be complemented with links to the national regulatory bodies in each country. I know there are several websites but none seems to be accurate or minimally updated.
2017-9-28
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

15matjan Posted at 2017-9-28 03:59
Very useful and interesting. Thank you. Multumim

DJI, why not create a flight regulation database for each country ? This would not imply any responsability for DJI or the creators but would be very useful for the international users and could be complemented with links to the national regulatory bodies in each country. I know there are several websites but none seems to be accurate or minimally updated.

Yup its really Nice Idea DJI Should Add Section in Forum for Europe / USA / Asia
2017-9-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Drone regulations going up everywhere in the world now.
2017-9-28
Use props
kcaluwae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92667 ft
Belgium

Thanks for sharing this information.  On tom's tech time they mention that each flight needs approval but if I understand correctly what is stated here approval is only necessary when the conditions in the first bullet points apply.

As however, I will be filming I will need to fill in the papers for the Portuguese Air Force.
At this point, I have no clue where I would like to use the Drone.  How detailed do I need to file my papers?

Does somebody have some experience how strict they handle this?
2017-12-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Thanks for share !!
2017-12-11
Use props
peterwd
lvl.1
Portugal

kcaluwae Posted at 2017-12-11 05:23
Thanks for sharing this information.  On tom's tech time they mention that each flight needs approval but if I understand correctly what is stated here approval is only necessary when the conditions in the first bullet points apply.

As however, I will be filming I will need to fill in the papers for the Portuguese Air Force.

I would also like to know if you can get a 'general' filming licence, for various areas at various times.
2017-12-18
Use props
djiuser_tx6zIt3uq7OR
New
United States

I am traveling to Portugal Benagli Cave area and was thinking of talking my new DJI Mavic Air but after reading this it looks like I will not be able to take videos or photo there so not taking my drone there unless someone guide me to some solution.  
2018-7-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Mucho Gracias... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-7-3
Use props
awestruckwander
New
United States

The process with the AAN is not completely online. They will no longer recognize or respond to paper forms. I just returned from Portugal and had an awesome time flying in the Algarve. Such a beautiful landscape. I wrote a quick post about the process with the AAN's website: eAAN. It's actually a very streamlined process, which is refreshing compared to the lack of clarity in other countries. Here's the post: Comprehensive Guide to Drone Laws in Portugal
2019-6-2
Use props
astrofly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Very useful information. Many thanks.
2019-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules