great flight yesterday
740 4 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

With all the negative posts about Android, the latest app update and OTG, I thought I would share a positive experience with my flights yesterday and my set-up.

*NuVision Solo 8ac tablet running Android 7.0 (wifi and BT turned off)
*DJI GO 4 app on 4.1.9
*right angle OTG cable
*DJI USB cable
*Antenna boosters

Finally tested out all my upgrades (this hobby can get expensive, lol). Connected everything up, no issues. Took off and had excellent connection on my tablet. Now, I only flew around my yard and stayed no higher than 15ft AGL (it was abit windy). This was the first time I've not experienced any lag or disconnect issues (I've previously been using a Samsung GS7). I can't believe how much difference the OTG cable (and maybe the boosters) improved my connection. Most of the time, the video lag with the S7 was a second or two behind. Not with the OTG; it was on the spot. Flew 2 batteries and had no issues between battery exchanges. Sorry, no video; my sd card is full, lol.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Glad you got everything up and running. Why not post a video once you get done with the appropriate edits?
2017-9-28
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 12:05
Glad you got everything up and running. Why not post a video once you get done with the appropriate edits?

I am traveling next week to Myrtle Beach, SC. Looking forward to shooting lots of videos then!
2017-9-28
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

Have fun and post some vid from your trip...
2017-9-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to read and hope to see some video soon
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now