2405 15 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone making them? Have opertunity doing major live music festivals inside and out. Not directly over people but near and want to be as safe as posible. Anyone here done work like this?
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

That's pretty dangerous to fly near the crowd, you must be very cautious. There are no official prop guards at moment, hope other users will give you some advice.
2017-9-28
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I'm with Mindy on this one. You obviously have doubts about the safety of this job. Some jobs are just not worth the risk. Personally, I would rather turn down a job than put others in danger. At best, if all goes well, others will see your work and say "wow" and then forget about you, can you imagine what they would say if just one person gets hurt? No one will forget that.

Fly safe dude!

Mark G.
2017-9-29
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Hello.

I remember seeing an I1 thread a while ago where someone was flying at a festival. The drone was moving away from the stage, down a central empty area and crashed into the crowd. No one was hurt in the incident but could have been easily.

I'm not sure what the law is in the USA but in most countries you can't fly within at least 50M of people without there permission. In the UK you also have to have them under your control even with permission. This would mean a briefing as to what to do in an emergency. Without this your insurance would be void and in case of an accident you could be in a world of problems.

I have been to a massive dance festival where they had a drone filming the main stage but it was at least 100M away to the side and kept it's distance. I've also seen some great footage of a drone flying straight out from the stage and over flying the crowd right to the back. The latter looked way better but was obviously very high risk and would be viewed as reckless / illegal.

If you could operate at a safe distance with maybe a 45mm lens then cool. I'd be really worried about flying near people though. They tend to be intoxicated, throwing things and basically having a party. Not an ideal place for a drone if you want to operate legally.

Hope you can find a way though. Good luck!
2017-9-29
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

ditto ! def risky. Anxiety-provoking even at the thought. Good luck !
2017-9-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Everyone remembers the one guy who flew a drone at a concert/festival but not for the right reasons.
2017-9-29
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-29 13:17
Everyone remembers the one guy who flew a drone at a concert/festival but not for the right reasons.

I'm guessing there's a YouTube link?
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Wow, I didn't see that video, but I can image how horrible it might be. It is too dangerous to fly towards crowd, and we have made it clear in Inspire 2 Safety Guidelines and Disclaimer. regulations.png
2017-9-30
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

http://klipland.com/video/operat ... sic-festivals/20257

It was a Facebook thread.

Very lucky no one got hit..
2017-9-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Instead of using a prop guard to get close to the subjects, I suggest you to use a good zoom lens to bring the subjects close to you while you are staying a good safety distance from your precious subjects. What about a 150mm zoom lens. You may need to find a way to balance it though.
2017-9-30
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks guys, can we not assume I want to ever fly at an unsafe distance but want to be even safer! Guards may work for unforeseen obstacles and not only people

2017-10-5
Use props
William Yuandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474357 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

inspire 2 props guard? maybe NO official producst from DJI, cause they think you must be pro when you buying the Inspire... or maybe you should use Spark or Mavic instead of Inspire.. too risky you know, and the sound frequency will make the drones unstable and fly away (many cases)
2017-10-6
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No problem guys, and thanks. Have admit some of the replies are quite funny..
2017-10-7
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Not sure if prop guards would have helped, but Enrique Iglesias got 'bitten' by an Inspire when he got too close.
https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/ ... jury-mexico-concert

2017-10-8
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"Everyone remembers the one guy who flew a drone at a concert/festival but not for the right reasons."

Lol. Well done I1!
2017-10-8
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LOL. YOU GUYS MUST FEEL SILLY..

https://store.dji.com/product/in ... srVIsRoCGygQAvD_BwE
2019-5-11
Use props