Ronin MX fried Teradek Bolt 300 from p-tap
3470 8 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb0b7e6a
lvl.1
United States

I've had a few issues with DJI recently. This time my DJI Ronin MX fried my new Teradek Bolt pro 300  video transmitter. Yesterday I plugged my Teradek Bolt into the rear p-tap on the Ronin MX and it popped and smoked. I googles this and found someone else on this forum had the same exact thing happen.

This seems to be an issue with the DJI Ronin MX if it has happened to multiple people.

Setup was:
Ronin MX
DJI Focus plugged into the front p-tap
Plugged Teradek Bolt Pro 300 into rear p-tap
Full Ronin battery on the second battery running RED Epic Dragon

DJI should replace our Teradek Bolt Tx and make announcement not to use that p-tap or you will fry your accessories
2017-9-28
Use props
Gimbal Producti
lvl.1
United States

Please excuse the misspelling... "Googled" not "googles". Here is the other person that this happened to:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-88594-1-1.html
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Sorry to read on your experience. Please contact our Customer Service to allow our technicians to inspect. Where are you located?
2017-9-29
Use props
Gimbal Producti
lvl.1
United States

Looking for more people that have had the DJI Ronin, Ronin M, Ronin MX p-tap fry your accessories. Please PM me if you have had damage to any accessories while using a DJI Ronin.
2017-10-1
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

thankfully i have not.... but that is crazy!!
2017-11-2
Use props
lifeon4strings
New

Australia

So this just happened to me on a Ronin M.

was running the bolt 300 via P-Tap fine with no issues Via the Rear Gimbal position .
Then i plugged a Dtap to Black Magic Micro Studio 4k Camera via the external 12v Aux in power cable to power the camera, when i did this i noticed a small spark with the DC plug and a few seconds later the Ronin Ptap distro on the underside of the Gimbal sled started smoking along with the Bolt 300 TX Lemo connection. Quickly unplugged everything and pulled out batteries, to realize that stupid DJI P-Tap Ports will accept a D-Tap Plug both ways which made my camera centre negative and shorted out the system.

thankfully the ronin and the camera survived.
2018-2-12
Use props
fans55cf2a9a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28382641 ft
Canada

Same story, with ronin 1
Ptap smoked and kill the paralinx crossbow

Have you find anything about this??
2019-2-28
Use props
Gimbal Productions
lvl.1
United States

No luck with DJI. They just said I'm ... out of luck and they don't care.

Teradek wants $500 to fix it.

Good luck.
2019-3-5
Use props
d.diazbuns
New
Chile

i buy the follow focus tilta nucleus and when i test on my ronin MX burn the cable P-TAP for the motors.
now P-TAP ports of the gimbal smell burned. luckily don't burn the motors.

the warranty its over, but i never used before the P-TAP ports.
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules