SD adaptor problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

People, I'm trying to get the photos from SD card using the adaptor. But it doesn't show in my computer. What I suppost to do?

The only way i'm getting directly from the drone with the cable.

2017-9-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Click on the drive you have it in.
2017-9-28
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

But it now appeared nothing in notebook, like D: or F: unit
2017-9-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

You have to have a reader too, to put the  sd in.
2017-9-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Are you using windows?
2017-9-28
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

Yes, its windows. My note has the place where fits. But I don't if its a problem with the note. Or maybe I have to buy a external reader
2017-9-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Someone will help you, hang on.  What kind of laptop?
2017-9-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

allyssongemelli Posted at 2017-9-28 13:14
Yes, its windows. My note has the place where fits. But I don't if its a problem with the note. Or maybe I have to buy a external reader

All you should need is something like one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/Camera- ... +reader&_sop=15

If you are having trouble with the one you have, try putting it in another computer to see if it reads there.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It seems like the driver of the adapter issue. And I think you can try Labroides' answer.
2017-9-28
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I am assuming this is the first time you've ever tried to use the SD reader in your notebook.  Unless you bought your notebook brand new and are running the same version of Windows that came with it, that built-in reader is not going to work without installing drivers for it.  Yes you can buy an external USB reader and it will work, but I know that can be a pain sometimes and I'm sure you'd rather have your internal one working.

1. Try your SD card and adapter in another machine (or an external reader) to eliminate any problem with the adapter.  If you don't have easy access to another machine or reader, take the card to a photo kiosk at Walmart or whatever and see if you can pull up some pictures from there.  Be sure to use the same adapter.  Then,

2. Go to a forum dedicated to your brand of notebook, or alternatively go to a Windows 7/10/whatever forum.  Ask for help there regarding getting your internal reader working.  No need to complicate the issue by saying it's for a drone; this is just an SD card from a camera and you need to read the pictures.  There are few computer experts here, but plenty on those forums.  They will be able to provide you with the exact steps necessary to get your reader working including links to the exact drivers necessary.  This issue comes up all the time especially with secondhand or older laptops which get reinstalled OS's, so it's a common question with an easy answer.  But that easy answer won't come easy on a drone forum especially without knowing the notebook model.
2017-9-29
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

My notebook is Asus. I'll try in another computer, but the adapter is new, the same that I bought the SD card.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules