Teenagers & Drones(UAVs)
1017 5 2015-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

My thought for the Day! "Get your teenagers involved with UAVS ,that way they won't have money to spend on Booze or drugs"lol
Learn the Rules and fly by them.
2015-4-6
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Since first purchasing the Inspire, I have been flying with my 16 year old Son.
We alternate between taking stills with the ground camera, inspire pilot and camera op roles.
The intention from the start was to both build our skills in all roles.

This has been a great opportunity to share a learning experience, and by itself well worth the purchase price of the bird!

Needless to say, my flying is much more conservative, but he has the reflexes and experience (he has been flying a parrot for 18 or so months) to get away with it. Whenever I make a comment about how close he is getting to trees and such he is always quick to remind me that I was the one who crashed the Inspire, not him!

We have just come back from a 5 day Scout camp, where we used the Inspire along with a ground based DSLR, multiple point and shoot compacts and 1/2 dozen action cams. The challenge starts now with review and edit of over 200Gb of raw content!  
2015-4-6
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Well I guess there will be a new merit badges applied for...DRONE
2015-4-6
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Funny you should say that - I have a couple of kids now working on their air activities badgework and yes, a Drone of some sort will be part of their presentation!
2015-4-6
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-4-7 11:01
Since first purchasing the Inspire, I have been flying with my 16 year old Son.
We alternate betwee ...

Yes my son and myself are flying together he has a vision+ and I'm flying my q500 as my Aspire also had issues fryed motor or esc LSt link and had small crash,still in LA who knows when I will get it back.Funny thing is my son does the same thing your does soon as I comment on his flying condition he reminds me of who CRashed their Aspire.(lol) They are young but smart! The Best thing that I like is I have him addicited to this Great Hobby !thank-You for your comments.
2015-4-7
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Canada

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-4-7 11:28
Well I guess there will be a new merit badges applied for...DRONE

Like ,you bet
2015-4-7
Use props
Advanced