DJI Inspire Raw Current Firmware Update-Afraid to Update? Any Sug...
2583 15 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial Pros
lvl.1
United States

Hey anyone out their. I have a DJI Inspire 1 Raw  with the X5R camera. Last time I used it was about 6 months ago. I am about 3 Firmware Updates behind. I am worried about updating. Anybody have any suggestions?
2017-9-28
Use props
Aerial Pros
lvl.1
United States

Current Versions:
2017-9-28
Use props
Aerial Pros
lvl.1
United States

Current Version:  Aircraft Firmware Version: 1.9.1.30+   ,   App Version: 3.1.15   ,   Remote Controller Version:  1.6.0  ,   Camera Version: 1.9.1.10  ,  A9 Plus Version:  01.15.18.09  
2017-9-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

So why do you want to update? Your craft is not working well or you need to have new features? If not, you are on the best version of FW at the moment, very stable and speed is good.

If you are compelled to update then leave yourself 2 or 3 days and be prepared what may come. It may not come but just be prepared.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The firmware updating is not mandatory, please check the release note to decide if you would like to update. 2016.11.15.png 2016.12.15.png 2017.7.10.png
2017-9-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Hi Mindy, thanks for your information on release note of each FW update. So it seems the successive update is about No flight zone and safety restriction in flight distance.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DTK Posted at 2017-9-28 21:31
Hi Mindy, thanks for your information on release note of each FW update. So it seems the successive update is about No flight zone and safety restriction in flight distance.

Yes, there are no many updates or changes in the features, but customers usually like to blame firmware if there is any problem.
2017-9-28
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-28 22:25
Yes, there are no many updates or changes in the features, but customers usually like to blame firmware if there is any problem.

Mindy,

I stubbed my toe on the coffee table, this happened after a firmware update. I never stubbed my toe before this update. Can DJI fix my toe, it hurts.

Mark G. Jk
2017-9-29
Use props
Aerial Pros
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for all the responses.  I also own a Inspire 1. I updated it a couple of days ago and it restricted my distance and altitude to 30m & 50m. I started to panic because I had a big photo shoot the next day. I went onto the Forum and read all of the post. I tried some of the suggestions and rebooting the DJI Go App worked. I test flew the drone and it worked the best it has worked since I bought it. I was able to fly a distance of 1700 feet with no sign of any signal loss and only went as high as 300 feet. I use the 2 radio set and my slave radio never lost signal as well. Based on that- I thought because I updated my DJI Go App, My RC, My aircraft to the latest firmware DJI may have straightened out all of the problems it was having? Also based on that I thought I would get all of my updates in order and current for the Inspire 1 Raw. As you can see on my earlier post, all my updates are all over the place?
2017-9-29
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Please read my tips page before updating there are some things that are critical .

For example Update the AC before the RC  transmitter or the Aircraft can get locked in travel mode.

Do NOT update the RC and the AC at the Same time OR  even have the RC transmitter ON when updating the Aircraft - also when updating the RC transmitter make sure aircraft is OFF.

this is just a couple of the tips, more in the link .
Tips for Load NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO

donnie

2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-29 03:32
Mindy,

I stubbed my toe on the coffee table, this happened after a firmware update. I never stubbed my toe before this update. Can DJI fix my toe, it hurts.

I wish I could, but it's too far away from us, please deliver yourself to our repair center firstly.
2017-9-29
Use props
Aerial Pros
lvl.1
United States

Hey Donnie,
Yes-I appreciate the tips of what to update first and the procedures. I am just wondering because my update on my aircraft, my rc and my app are all at different  updates- am I better off just updated everything so everything is in sync with all the current upgrades???  I am also worried that I may have problems because of the negative reports I hear about all the problems when people update. Would love to hear your opinion as well as anybody else that has recently updated their Inspire 1 Raw with all the latest upgrades?
Anthony
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aerial Pros Posted at 2017-9-29 04:00
Thanks for all the responses.  I also own a Inspire 1. I updated it a couple of days ago and it restricted my distance and altitude to 30m & 50m. I started to panic because I had a big photo shoot the next day. I went onto the Forum and read all of the post. I tried some of the suggestions and rebooting the DJI Go App worked. I test flew the drone and it worked the best it has worked since I bought it. I was able to fly a distance of 1700 feet with no sign of any signal loss and only went as high as 300 feet. I use the 2 radio set and my slave radio never lost signal as well. Based on that- I thought because I updated my DJI Go App, My RC, My aircraft to the latest firmware DJI may have straightened out all of the problems it was having? Also based on that I thought I would get all of my updates in order and current for the Inspire 1 Raw. As you can see on my earlier post, all my updates are all over the place?

The restriction issue relates to APP instead of firmware, when you encounter this problem during flight, don't be panic, hover the drone to open safe place and reboot the APP or return the drone back to home point and reboot the APP.
Please remember to reboot APP after powering on the aircraft when you change the battery. I suggest to  prepare a compatible Android device as backup if you have a big shoot.
We are so sorry for the inconvenience, this issue will get improved in next iOS APP release recently, but I don't get the precise date, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-29
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm sorry Mindy but a suggestion to prepare a compatible Android device before carrying out an upgrade isn't really fair is it?  I've committed heavily to Apple devices since these seem to have been the most stable device across most issues.  Now there is a new update and  the best advice you can give is to buy into the Android platform.  Owners can't be expected to just throw more money at the problem each time there is an upgrade.  I'll hold off until the issues are resolved I think....assuming the Inspire 1 is still under active engineering support?
2017-10-1
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Aerial Pros Posted at 2017-9-29 18:59
Hey Donnie,
Yes-I appreciate the tips of what to update first and the procedures. I am just wondering because my update on my aircraft, my rc and my app are all at different  updates- am I better off just updated everything so everything is in sync with all the current upgrades???  I am also worried that I may have problems because of the negative reports I hear about all the problems when people update. Would love to hear your opinion as well as anybody else that has recently updated their Inspire 1 Raw with all the latest upgrades?
Anthony

If you are going to upgrade I would do all of them at one time, Not Literally but in the same day .  Just follow my tips page.  also keep in mind Not ALL users have issues only a few and I am not exactly sure why .

Just make sure you read my tips page ,, I cover all of the potential pitfalls that some users fall into .

The next update to the GO app should solve the issues that SOME are having .  

donnie
2017-10-2
Use props
Aerial Pros
lvl.1
United States

Hey to All!  Ok, I upgraded the DJI Inspire 1 Raw a couple of days ago. These are the current settings:   APP: Version 3.1.15   ,   Aircraft:  Version 1.11.01.50  ,  Remote Controller:  Version 1.7.80  ,  Camera:  Version 1.10.1.40  ,  A9 Plus: Version 01.15.18.09         I did not upgrade the APP to the latest update. I decided to wait a while until all the bugs that I keep hearing about get resolved.  I had trouble updated my Slave Radio after I updated the Master Radio. It would not link up to my Master. I just made the Slave the Master and then it let me download the Remote Controller Firmware Update. Once it update It changed back over to the Slave Radio.  Test flew everything and received a weak image signal error. Landed, switched my Channel to Custom "Channel 20" and it flew great. Went to my nephews wedding which was outdoors in Vermont and it flew perfect. Never had any issues. I think I will leave everything alone and wait for DJI to fix the bugs in the latest App Update. I just wanted to thank everyone for their support. All the best, Anthony
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules