Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
turning off collision avoidance with new GO app
1643 8 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameracollector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

I keep my collision avoidance off, because I find it stops me too often when flying close in to things, which I do a lot of.

Before I upgraded to the latest firmware, I used to have the visual warning on the app still show up as well as the audio on the aircraft when I turned the collision avoidance off.

Since the upgrade there is no option to have the "radar" screen pop up to warn you with the CA turned off.  It was nice having the warning still pop up with the avoidance turned off, if you are reading this DJI - please re enable the warning distance on the app when the CA is turned off.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When the OA system turns off, it will not work for the whole system, and the radar option will also disappear accordingly. It doesn't seem to have the case like you mentioned that when OA doesn't work the radar will still work.

2017-9-28
Use props
cameracollector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-28 20:01
When the OA system turns off, it will not work for the whole system, and the radar option will also disappear accordingly. It doesn't seem to have the case like you mentioned that when OA doesn't work the radar will still work.

Before I upgraded firmware when I had the OA turned off, I still had the radar screen pop up that would warn me I was getting close, but it would not stop the aircraft.  If it was close by I could still hear the audible warning too.

Maybe it was a bug in that firmware too - in any case it was nice to have so you knew you how close you were to something even when you had the OA turned off.  
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

cameracollector Posted at 2017-9-29 06:02
Before I upgraded firmware when I had the OA turned off, I still had the radar screen pop up that would warn me I was getting close, but it would not stop the aircraft.  If it was close by I could still hear the audible warning too.

Maybe it was a bug in that firmware too - in any case it was nice to have so you knew you how close you were to something even when you had the OA turned off.

It is confirmed that the radar will not work when OA system is unable. But I will forward this need to the engineers to see if they could add.
2017-9-30
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-30 02:02
It is confirmed that the radar will not work when OA system is unable. But I will forward this need to the engineers to see if they could add.

Please if possible make it something one can select.
I don't mind the radar popping up but all the beeping is really annoying to have when OA is disabled and i for my part would prefer to be without both in this case.
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-30 04:49
Please if possible make it something one can select.
I don't mind the radar popping up but all the beeping is really annoying to have when OA is disabled and i for my part would prefer to be without both in this case.

I also hope it will be available if possible.
2017-10-8
Use props
Humadrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1049304 ft

Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-30 02:02

It has been working until last dji go updates. On DJI GO 4.0.8 you can see the radar on screen with OA disable , but will be limited if you have the firmware updated...

So it´s working, it has been disable on app , on mavic it keeps working with last versions of app and firmware, so they could and should make it again.

Flying in lot of places you have to disable OA to be able to move, and having radar on screen helps a lot.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Humadrone Posted at 2017-11-9 04:17
It has been working until last dji go updates. On DJI GO 4.0.8 you can see the radar on screen with OA disable , but will be limited if you have the firmware updated...

So it´s working, it has been disable on app , on mavic it keeps working with last versions of app and firmware, so they could and should make it again.

I will forward this need to our engineers. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-11-11
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-11 01:45
I will forward this need to our engineers. Thanks for your feedback.

A screenshot from settings, not sure what version i had a the time but you hade the choise to enable/disable radar with OA disabled.

Screenshot_2017-10-01-18-02-20.png

Another that show even with OA disabled the radar is active, just anoying it see the sun a obstacle and for the same reason i found the OA system useless and have it disabled. A choise for disable OA beep woud be nice.

Screenshot_2017-08-28-19-22-20.png
2017-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules