Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Mavic Pro] Gimbal error only at high temperatures
1067 3 2017-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lennartbj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706965 ft
Australia

Hey,

I've used my Mavic Pro for a couple of months and more than a hundred flights without any problems now, but in the past few days, it has been impossible to fly due to a gimbal error.

When I switch on the drone, the gimbal moves all the way forward and backward a couple of times, hitting the ends with a loud sound. Then it will stop pointing downwards in an 45 degree angle, and stop working. The issue can be seen in many videos online, such as this one:

This issue has never occured before, and I was able to track it down to a temperature problem. I've been in Australia for the last couple of days, and every time I tried to fly outdoors, this issue occured. Trying to fix the problem inside an air-conditioned office, I could turn on the drone without a problem. Assuming that the problem occured just once, I went outdoors again, and had the gimbal problem again.
Today I did the following procedure to verify my suspicion:

action location drone temperature gimbal
--- office cool works
go outside outdoors still cool works
wait 20min outdoors quite warm problem
go inside office still warm problem
wait 20min office cool again works

I'm pretty sure the gimbal problem is due to the temperature, but I'm not operating outside the temperature limits of DJI (0-40 degree). It's around 35 degree here.

Has this occured to anyone else?
2017-9-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Well I live in Australia and have flown a Mavic for 9 months and in hot conditions but I have not had that problem.  The Mavic has a clear plastic film over the back of the gimbal and a small yellow tab attached to it. Most think it is there to protect the rear of the gimbal. Have you removed this?
Have you checked the seating of the gimbal to make sure it is located under the tabs on the bottom.
Are you getting any gimbal errors in the app?
2017-9-28
Use props
lennartbj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706965 ft
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-28 21:43
Well I live in Australia and have flown a Mavic for 9 months and in hot conditions but I have not had that problem.  The Mavic has a clear plastic film over the back of the gimbal and a small yellow tab attached to it. Most think it is there to protect the rear of the gimbal. Have you removed this?
Have you checked the seating of the gimbal to make sure it is located under the tabs on the bottom.
Are you getting any gimbal errors in the app?

Thanks for your reply!

Can you show me on a picture what you mean by that clear plastic strip and yellow part? I don't think I can find it on my gimbal.
2017-10-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

lennartbj Posted at 2017-10-2 01:18
Thanks for your reply!

Can you show me on a picture what you mean by that clear plastic strip and yellow part? I don't think I can find it on my gimbal.

To give you a quick answer, this link has a picture:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -gimbal-dome.20113/
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules