Over Charge Detected Error On Battery
4297 7 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

I am experiencing an Over Charge Detected error on 1 of my three batteries. This occurs whilst on the charger. The manual is not very helpful and I have failed to find info.

What is it telling me and what should I do? Should I be worried?
2017-9-29
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

How did you found out that overcharged was detected?
Can you just turn it ON  and leave it for an hr or so to discharge it a bit?
2017-9-29
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-9-29 03:44
How did you found out that overcharged was detected?
Can you just turn it ON  and leave it for an hr or so to discharge it a bit?

The warning LEDs on the battery when it was connected to the charger gave the indication.

Maybe that would work I don't know. The only info from DJI that I found was to switch it off once it was resolved but I don't know how to resolve it.
2017-9-29
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

calmari Posted at 2017-9-29 05:39
The warning LED's on the battery when it was connected to the charger gave the indication.

Maybe that would work I don't know. The only info from DJI that I found was to switch it off once it was resolved but I don't know how to resolve it.

pop it into your drone and check the voltages and levels and provide a log for us? may have to take off for a log so if u do just hover in place then land it to spawn a log.  im curious if its unhappy with charger or if its a problematic cell or something
2017-9-29
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-9-29 05:41
pop it into your drone and check the voltages and levels and provide a log for us? may have to take off for a log so if u do just hover in place then land it to spawn a log.  im curious if its unhappy with charger or if its a problematic cell or something

I'll give that a try next time I can fly, thanks.

Hoping for DJI to reply with info also.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check the overall status of the battery info, if all the index is normal and the battery is working properly, then no worries. Besides, you can also provide me with screenshots of this error message and the battery status. I'll check for you.
2017-9-29
Use props
fansc469b6a0
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am having the exact same problem with a new battery.  The problem is I then get a battery error when I plug it into my Mavic.  However, sometimes it works once the battery discharges to around 65% which is not ideal, so I'm hoping to get it replaced.
2017-10-3
Use props
Cozza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,
I have a Mavic pro which has a problem with one of the batteries, it says the battery is faulty on the RC when I put it in the Mavic.
The battery has one cell that is higher than the rest at about 4.2V whilst the other two cells are at about 4.02 / 08.
I cant understand how the battery can overcharge as it's supposed to stop charging when it reaches the nominal voltage for the battery.
How can I resolve this?
Many Thanks.
2021-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules