7128 17 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
olivierm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4177 ft
France

Hello,
first of all, i would like to apologize for my poor english ;) . I would like t inform that I am a new bye in Drone pilot.

Anyway, I am facing a little problem, because I i read specs from spark. we can read the dorne can fly until 1.2 miles in FCC. after several tries, i can fly until 50m High or in a distance, after that screen on mobile inform about weak video signal. I can push the spark until 100m when i use low speed, but not more.
does someone hav same kind of issue?

My apps : DJI go 4 (4.1.9)on android / Samsung 6edge

process to connect apparels :
Switch on  spark
swith on Remote controler (waiting pairing until light is green)
plug cable on mobile ( the apps on mobile is not started)
plug the cable on remote control
starting apps manually
connection from mobile to remote control is done ,
than I can select "go to fly "..

thanks a lot for any adviced.

2017-9-29
Use props
JDGuz
lvl.1
United States

I initially experienced weak video signal and choppy video but found a suggestion to turn off Bluetooth on the phone and it was like night and day.  Now it is smooth as butter..

I don't use a cable, so I'm not sure if you may have something else going on related to the cable?  Have you tried without the cable?  Do you have issues using wifi to connect the phone to the remote?

2017-9-29
Use props
olivierm
lvl.1
France

JDGuz Posted at 2017-9-29 04:26
I initially experienced weak video signal and choppy video but found a suggestion to turn off Bluetooth on the phone and it was like night and day.  Now it is smooth as butter..

I don't use a cable, so I'm not sure if you may have something else going on related to the cable?  Have you tried without the cable?  Do you have issues using wifi to connect the phone to the remote?

I ve got to say i did not switch off bluetooth, I ll try .. concerning wifi connection, i have not any problem for connection. the usb cable is supposed to decrease lag  , I thought it was supposed the replace wifi connection, but apparently not..  
2017-9-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Are you sure that you are not in "Beginner Mode"?
The other possible reasons for the range limitation you can find here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-114148-1-1.html
P.S. FCC Mode is not (legally) available in Europe. CE Mode allows for up to 500 Meters under perfect conditions.
P.P.S. The cable is not a problem if it is a correct one (OTG) and it replaces the WiFi connection between your device and the RC. And you can switch on Spark at the end of the starup procedure. Saves you some battery time for flying.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Bluetooth can be a problem. Can you turn that off to see if that makes a difference? Please let us know the outcome.
2017-9-29
Use props
olivierm
lvl.1
France

@ Wachtberger yes I am sure i am not in beginner
@DJI-Mark and  @ JDGuz you are right,  turning off bluetooth change the behave of spark. I could fly around 150m of distance, and around 100m high .. without any problem ..(except the fact that connection between spark and remote control has been a little bit lost, and system ask to return home. Using this function, signal has been retrieved around 75 m of distance and i could have control from remote control) Today is little bit windy, I assume the wind changed the behave.

Thanks a lot for your ideas ..
Cheers,
Olivier
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

olivierm Posted at 2017-9-29 09:28
@ Wachtberger yes I am sure i am not in beginner
@DJI-Mark and  @ JDGuz you are right,  turning off bluetooth change the behave of spark. I could fly around 150m of distance, and around 100m high .. without any problem ..(except the fact that connection between spark and remote control has been a little bit lost, and system ask to return home. Using this function, signal has been retrieved around 75 m of distance and i could have control from remote control) Today is little bit windy, I assume the wind changed the behave.

Olivier, thanks for keeping us updated. Also, please try to adjust the antenna and take care when you test the performance.
2017-9-29
Use props
NB2
New
Flight distance : 2215 ft
Switzerland

Hello. I have the similar problem with my DJI Spark. I did't have any problems until today, But today, in the various flight attempts, the drone lost the signal at about 30 meters. The first time, the Spark returned to the starting point (home point), but in the following did not return. All with wi-fi connections. Now I can't fly. Thanks
2017-9-30
Use props
olivierm
lvl.1
France

hello again ..
a little bit desapointed today because, my signal has been weak or lost after 50m again..  i have choosed to use Wifi channels 2.4Ghz available (but obsviously, the signal is not very strong), I am wondering how the other guy can control the plane if they have no image whane it goes far than the eyes can see..  Is there any chance this is only a question of apps version ? please advice.

It would be great to be able to make the drone fly away for more than 500m but for the moment I can ensure for 50 m..only.
have you got any reference for OTG Cable ?  I have bought this item : https://www.studiosport.fr/cable ... i-spark-a13750.html combined with a standard usb cable for smartphone. is it correct ?
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

NB2 Posted at 2017-9-30 00:31
Hello. I have the similar problem with my DJI Spark. I did't have any problems until today, But today, in the various flight attempts, the drone lost the signal at about 30 meters. The first time, the Spark returned to the starting point (home point), but in the following did not return. All with wi-fi connections. Now I can't fly. Thanks

Please ensure that all firmware is the latest one.  Any error message from your app? Did you crash your drone at that time?
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

olivierm Posted at 2017-10-4 06:41
hello again ..
a little bit desapointed today because, my signal has been weak or lost after 50m again..  i have choosed to use Wifi channels 2.4Ghz available (but obsviously, the signal is not very strong), I am wondering how the other guy can control the plane if they have no image whane it goes far than the eyes can see..  Is there any chance this is only a question of apps version ? please advice.

Oliver, if the problem still exists, please export the flight data for us to analyze.

Thanks for your patience.
2017-10-13
Use props
olivierm
lvl.1
France

hello, I send some logs, please feel free to tell me if it enough, too big  . I can reproduce this behave soon if necessary, Thanks a lot for your help
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87IALTHtkjQQ3ROMHBKVFZNUmM/view?usp=sharing
2017-10-16
Use props
olivierm
lvl.1
France

hi,
just for information, and considering the kind of issue described here.
first, I have change the cable (meaning OTG) , now the apps can is automatically launch when I plug my smartphone to the remote controller. I can then switch off Bluetooth, switch in plane mode, and taks control of the remote controller.
Second , I had discussed with several drone pilots where I play with the machine. There are a lot of wave perturbation in this place. people are losing between 50% and 70% of signal strength.

All that combined can explain the fact I couldn't fly more than 50 m from me. Now I think I have optimized the configuration (meaning cable/ settings of my smartphone) to fly in better conditions. Experienced a fly in a maximum of 180m and 22 m high. (the video transmission has been lost but succeed to take the spark back )
Sincerely hope i would be able to fly a little bit far away in an area where wave perturbation are not so high. I am more confident.
Thanks for your help

@Dj Elektra, did you take a look at report file ? is it something that support can read and use ?  
Cheers Olivier
2017-10-22
Use props
TeeHokken
New
Flight distance : 45866 ft
Turkey

hello... I have same similar problem with mavic pro... I cannot fly it away more then 200m in three different locations. did you solve your problem? any progress???
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

olivierm Posted at 2017-10-16 08:20
hello, I send some logs, please feel free to tell me if it enough, too big  . I can reproduce this behave soon if necessary, Thanks a lot for your help
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87IALTHtkjQQ3ROMHBKVFZNUmM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the update.I would transfer it to our engineers for check. Please wait patiently.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TeeHokken Posted at 2017-11-10 16:42
hello... I have same similar problem with mavic pro... I cannot fly it away more then 200m in three different locations. did you solve your problem? any progress???

Any message from your app? Please choose the best channel to fly your drone. What is the model of your device? Please try to change a mobile device.
2017-11-10
Use props
fans5bb2eedd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36558 ft

Hong Kong

Dji elektra. How come may dji spark only fly 60m and already loose connection. Nearly lost my drone.
2018-10-27
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Singapore

I have read in other posts that many European countries have a different set of wifi channels and a weaker radiation power that limits the Spark to a maximum of 500m and often less. Perhaps if you researched this site you will find the information. In Australia, we have the FCC system and 13 wifi channels on 2.4Ghz. I believe the other system (name?) only has 12.
2018-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules