Spark arm cracked. Void Warranty/Refresh if I fix it?
2020 9 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schmo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154921 ft
United States

One of the arms on my Spark has developed a crack where the arm meets the motor. Its a small crack but enough to where the motor can slightly move if you wiggle it. I've done low altitude test flights and everything seems fine.

If I put a little Gorilla glue or JB weld on it to tighten it up, will this void any future warranty or DJI refresh I have? Or should I just bite the bullet and send it in for a refresh? What do they do with a Refresh for something like this (crack in arm/motor mount), do they fix something like that or going to charge me for a replacement?

Thanks for any insight.
2017-9-29
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i would contact DJI and have it replaced under the DJI Refresh program.  Do not glue it as it's a risk it won't be fixed/replaced under the program.
2017-9-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only DJI can answer, but were I the company I would require that the device not undergo any "owner" repairs.  The reason for this is that if the owner performed an inadequate repair, and the results were another accident, at the very least I as the company would not be able to determine if the second accident was the result of an inadequate repair.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Please don't put glue on the arm. You will want a technician to look at your aircraft. If the warranty is applicable, you would have that option to repair as such. http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-9-29
Use props
Schmo
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-29 09:04
Please don't put glue on the arm. You will want a technician to look at your aircraft. If the warranty is applicable, you would have that option to repair as such. http://www.dji.com/service/repair

Thanks for the reply. Is it true I have to send in the Remote Controller as well?
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Schmo Posted at 2017-9-29 09:07
Thanks for the reply. Is it true I have to send in the Remote Controller as well?

Yes, the remote should be sent in with the aircraft. Batteries do not need to be sent in.
2017-9-29
Use props
Schmo
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-29 09:09
Yes, the remote should be sent in with the aircraft. Batteries do not need to be sent in.

I just did the DJI express refresh and it said not to send in the controller, just the propellers.

But after filling everything out and doing payment, it gave me no information on how or where to ship my AC too. Shouldn't I get a shipping label? Do I have to pay for shipping?

*edit*
disregard. they sent me a label to my email. Its odd it doesn't tell you that until you go back into your case file. Should be the next step, just a little confusing.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Schmo Posted at 2017-9-29 09:17
I just did the DJI express refresh and it said not to send in the controller, just the propellers.

But after filling everything out and doing payment, it gave me no information on how or where to ship my AC too. Shouldn't I get a shipping label? Do I have to pay for shipping?

Where are you located? If you are in North America, you would receive a shipping label.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Schmo Posted at 2017-9-29 09:17

If you were advised to not send in the remote, you would not need to.
2017-9-29
Use props
Schmo
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-29 09:18
Where are you located? If you are in North America, you would receive a shipping label.

Thank you, I made an edit to the above. They did send it.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules