12Next >
10886 77 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jo__McFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203130 ft
Germany

I'm getting a msg to update precise fly safe database when I connect the Spark (Ipad mini 2 WiFi )

"your App's precise fly safe database is too low"

IOS App (latest)
DJI Assistent 2 (latest)
Firmware .600

what can i do?

App deleted and new installed
Firmware is new and clean installed with latest DJI Assistent 2

IMG_20170929_195852-1040x584.jpg
2017-9-29
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm speculating here.  I'm unfamiliar with this error, so don't have direct experience.  Just some questions and ideas that may help to resolve this issue.

When you are connecting to the RC or the spark, are you tying up your only path to the internet  (your wifi, is now consumed by your spark)?  I would have thought that the app would require the update once you start it, even before you connect to the rc or spark, and that it would perform the required update while connected to the internet, as long as you have an active internet connection.

Another thing that I might try if I were facing this error is that I would get to the point where you are at in your picture, I would shut off the RC and/or Spark, I would wait for the device to establish it's connection to the internet, and then I would hit OK and see if it performs the update automatically.
2017-9-29
Use props
ps01
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

DJI just released a new version of the geofencing database .. Make sure that you are connected to internet and press OK
2017-9-29
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you getting an error when you hit OK on this screen?  If so, can you post that?
2017-9-29
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

I had the same message this morning before flight and just hit ignore.I was planning on updating when i get home when connected to home wifi but i could not get the message to pop up again.
2017-9-29
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

I got the message today in the field, I had no Internet access so I hit Ignore. When I got home to get the pop up again I had to turn on the Spark, the RC and connect my tablet as if I were to fly. And I finally got it updated.
2017-9-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I also had to update my NFZ database today and I can already anticipate many posts tomorrow reporting that altitude and distance are limited suddenly and "out of the blue". No, it does not come "out of the blue". Not updating the NFZ database is one of the very common reasons why distance and altitude limitations automatically will apply.
2017-9-29
Use props
daveddo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158009 ft
United States

It’s a bad translation. It means that the version number of your NFZ database is too low and you need to update it.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with 3#. Please have a try and make sure the update is successful.
2017-9-29
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

I cannot get the update to pop up from the dji go app.
2017-9-29
Use props
Jo__McFly
lvl.2
Germany

funny ... same Problem

Wifi connected to Internet >> starting DJI Go >> doesn't get this pop up

WiFi connected to RC >> starting DJI Go >> Pop Up " Fly Safe Database ... " >> swap to Wifi connected to Internet >> click "ok" >> nothing is coming up

i have this problem sinc update to DJI Go 4.1.12
2017-9-29
Use props
bety
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097644 ft
Vietnam

The same problem, since update DJI go 4 v4.1.12.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, the message always appears and impossible to synchronize flight data, failure about 80 %.
2017-9-30
Use props
daveddo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158009 ft
United States

I imagine those who use phones instead of tablets will have an easier time with this.

I was getting ready to fly today and the error message popped up - I have unlimited data so I just hit next and it downloaded over mobile data.
2017-9-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

For me it worked well with DJI Assistant which is anyway the most comfortable method for updating (except for RC).
2017-9-30
Use props
Jo__McFly
lvl.2
Germany

with DJI Assistent the Database Update was successfully ... but the Pop Up is still coming up

Pop Up message is "App's Database is to low'
>> Apps Database! not AC ...
2017-9-30
Use props
aleReimondo
New
Flight distance : 81775 ft
Argentina

Same issue here with Mavic Pro, last version of DJI Go 4.

A Precise Fly Safe Database update required. Please update as soon as possible to ensure your flight safety.
[Ignore] [Update Now]

I press the [Update Now] and the app ignores me :-(
Do nothing and the dialog appears later.
2017-9-30
Use props
BobD
lvl.3
Germany

aleReimondo Posted at 2017-9-30 06:18

A Precise Fly Safe Database update required. Please update as soon as possible to ensure your flight safety.

The IOS GO 4 App didn't work so I connected to the DJI Assistant on my PC and it updated immediately
2017-9-30
Use props
aleReimondo
New
Flight distance : 81775 ft
Argentina

aleReimondo Posted at 2017-9-30 06:18

A new update for DJI Go 4... downloaded, updated and now the [Update Now] button works as expected
2017-9-30
Use props
miktan66
lvl.1
Australia

I am using a iPad Mini 4, I had to connect the iPad to My Phone Via personal HotSpot (Bluetooth), Then when I connect the iPad to the Spark via Wifi then the update now button appeared when I hit ok.
2017-9-30
Use props
Jo__McFly
lvl.2
Germany

this workaround is not working for me ... my Android Phone doesnt have Hotspot via Bluetooth
2017-9-30
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into the GO 4 app general settings (...) - at the bottom you will see the option 'about' - tap this and it will bring up all of the versions that you are currently on. The latest version on IOS for 'precise app fly database' is 01.00.01.06 following the successful update of the NFZ geo fencing. if it states .05 next to the PRECISE database (not basic which is still 01.00.01.05) then you are flying on the out of date NFZ and will experience range restrictions. You need to be connected to a strong WiFi connection and update by tapping allow. Leave it to do it's thing which can take several minutes and I'd suggest doing this with either an iPhone/Smartphone or using DJI Assistant 2 on a Mac/PC.
2017-9-30
Use props
Jo__McFly
lvl.2
Germany

i dont know why but it doesnt work ...

without RC connected, connected to Internet i can check for a new Version of the Database, but nothing appears.

2017-10-1
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.2
United States

Same thing happened to me. Ipad mini 4 wifi only. Funny enough the only way I got it to work was connect the remote to the aircraft, connect the Ipad to the remote via OTG and leave Ipad connected to wifi internet. Funny enough the "unsupported" OTG solves another problem for DJI.
2017-10-1
Use props
Jo__McFly
lvl.2
Germany

fans99d24711 Posted at 2017-10-1 06:03
Same thing happened to me. Ipad mini 4 wifi only. Funny enough the only way I got it to work was connect the remote to the aircraft, connect the Ipad to the remote via OTG and leave Ipad connected to wifi internet. Funny enough the "unsupported" OTG solves another problem for DJI.

yes ... thanks
the unsupported way with OTG is the key ...
DJI .... please can you explain how to do without the unsupported OTG Cable?

2017-10-1
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I updated to 4.1.12 this morning on my iPhone CE and my iPad Mini 2.  I use the iPad Mini 2 with my P4, and the iPhone CE with my Spark.  When I flew my P4, I got the message that I must update the NFZ database.  I went back in the house for wifi and followed the directions.  Update was successful.  When I flew my Spark, I did not get the NFZ update message.  Shouldn't I have gotten the NFZ update message on my Spark also?
2017-10-1
Use props
grahambrockie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42346 ft
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-29 10:37
I'm speculating here.  I'm unfamiliar with this error, so don't have direct experience.  Just some questions and ideas that may help to resolve this issue.

When you are connecting to the RC or the spark, are you tying up your only path to the internet  (your wifi, is now consumed by your spark)?  I would have thought that the app would require the update once you start it, even before you connect to the rc or spark, and that it would perform the required update while connected to the internet, as long as you have an active internet connection.

when the message appears, click so you can connect to your internet wifi is on, once its downloaded click back onto the djigo app and finish the install off there. took me a couple of shots but I got there
hope this helps
2017-10-3
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.2
United States

grahambrockie Posted at 2017-10-3 07:03
when the message appears, click so you can connect to your internet wifi is on, once its downloaded click back onto the djigo app and finish the install off there. took me a couple of shots but I got there
hope this helps

Doesnt quite work that smooth for everyone. I don’t know why when it’s ipad mini 4 with latest software.
2017-10-4
Use props
fansc1b6f1a3
lvl.1
United States

Fire up the Spark as normal, preferably at home where you have wifi.  When you get this message, go ahead and hit update.  You should get taken back to the intro screen of the dji app with a box advising you to connect to wifi internet. Go to settings and switch to the wifi network. Go back to the app (do not close app at any point in these steps, just minimize it), and hit Download.  Once downloaded you will get a prompt to connect to the aircraft. Go back to settings and select the Spark RC wifi. Go back to the app and select Install / Update .  It will take a while to start installing.  Be patient.
2017-10-5
Use props
fansc1b6f1a3
lvl.1
United States

fansc1b6f1a3 Posted at 2017-10-5 06:35
Fire up the Spark as normal, preferably at home where you have wifi.  When you get this message, go ahead and hit update.  You should get taken back to the intro screen of the dji app with a box advising you to connect to wifi internet. Go to settings and switch to the wifi network. Go back to the app (do not close app at any point in these steps, just minimize it), and hit Download.  Once downloaded you will get a prompt to connect to the aircraft. Go back to settings and select the Spark RC wifi. Go back to the app and select Install / Update .  It will take a while to start installing.  Be patient.

Has anyone tried the update using an OTG connection instead of the wifi connection and leaving the wifi connection on an internet capable connection?  Might work without all the switching back and forth?
2017-10-5
Use props
djiuser_jAlksnx
New
Flight distance : 25000 ft
Montenegro

fansc1b6f1a3 Posted at 2017-10-5 06:44
Has anyone tried the update using an OTG connection instead of the wifi connection and leaving the wifi connection on an internet capable connection?  Might work without all the switching back and forth?

Yup Ive tried this, update downloads ok but the install never goes past 0%.

Any ideas for a fix?
How will this affect flying?
2017-10-6
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I have just emptied a full spark battery trying everything to get the fly safe database updated.
Could you please summarize a working procedure for me?

Using ipad 9.7” (wifi only model)
Turning on spark and rc
Starting app, it says I need to update.
I connect to my wifi hotspot instead of the rc and say OK in the go app.
Nothing happens.
I connect to the rc wifi. Nothing happens.
I go to general settings about. Fly safe databases both are at 01.00.01.05.
I press “Check for update.”
It says “Checking for update.” for about one second.
Nothing more happens.
Versions keep being 01.00.01.05
I’m stuck

2017-10-17
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I’m in the same boat, kinda!

I’ve managed to update my iPhone which now shows:

Basic App Fly Safe Database. -  Version 01.0001.05
     Precise App Fly Safe Database. -  Version 01.0001.07

However, my iPad and iPad Mini won’t update from 01.0001.05. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the Go 4 app but still no joy.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-10-17 12:22
I’m in the same boat, kinda!

I’ve managed to update my iPhone which now shows:

Bristol, please tell me the version of your app. A screenshot about this situation is needed. Thanks.
2017-10-17
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem also , the software needs to be connected to the Spark and also the internet at the same time which is not possible on a non-cellular device?

i'm on Ipad Pro ios 11 , dji go 4.1.12

2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

m1n1s Posted at 2017-10-18 00:03
I have the same problem also , the software needs to be connected to the Spark and also the internet at the same time which is not possible on a non-cellular device?

Thanks for your info. I will reflect this situation.
2017-10-18
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-17 22:06
Bristol, please tell me the version of your app. A screenshot about this situation is needed. Thanks.

Screenshots from iPhone and iPad. Both using iOS 11.
C2CC3419-B49B-4E7A-AD00-F7BF6D9C484E.jpeg
54D7B27B-1A28-40D2-9CDC-DC5FDA6A7DD5.jpeg
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-10-21 03:53
Screenshots from iPhone and iPad. Both using iOS 11.

Get your message. It was forwarded to our engineers.
2017-10-23
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

please try the following steps:
1、connect the iPad/iphone with spark
2、then disconnect the spark with app, connect app to network;
3、 connect spark with app again, then app will show the upgrade message.
2017-10-26
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Ok. And then what?
I have gotten nowhere.
2017-10-26
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom