10884 77 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-10-27 10:30
No progress here either.

Thanks for your patience. Please note that if you connect your spark directly with mobile devices, the latest version of fly safe database reminder can be ignored. The next version of app will fix that.
Please follow the advice in 38# and update the database.
2017-10-27
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The next version came today, version 4.1.15.
I tried at lot to update the fly safe database on my wi-fi iPad.
Still no go.
2017-10-28
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I get same result as Heliman.  Updated app to v 4.15 and followed procedure in #38 but no change.
2017-10-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

i connected my Spark to my iMac via usb lead and the DJI assistant software to update the precise fly safe database , i got fedup with seeing this message each time i fly............
2017-10-29
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I don’t get it. I thought that database resided in the app.
Because my two iphones do not complain. Only my wi-fi ipad does.
This thread is now 1 month old. Are nobody working on a solution?
2017-10-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

heliman Posted at 2017-10-29 08:37

yes me also.

but when i connect the spark to dji assistance it said updating precise database , downloading , installing , everything else was fine.
2017-10-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

heliman Posted at 2017-10-29 08:37

Is there a particular reason why you don't just do it with DJI Assistant? Or did I miss anything here? My Android tablet has no cell function either and I do the NFZ updates directly on the Spark with DJI Assistant. Never any problems... And no, the database is not saved into the App, it is saved into the Spark.
2017-10-29
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Are you saying the assistant can update the fly safe database on the iPad?
The only update function I see in the assistant is firmware update.
2017-10-29
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

heliman Posted at 2017-10-29 09:03
Are you saying the assistant can update the fly safe database on the iPad?
The only update function I see in the assistant is firmware update.

Same here.
2017-10-29
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

With spark connected to rc and device to rc:
iPhone says: Flight database 01.00.01.07, Basic App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05, Precise App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.07
iPad says:      Flight database 01.00.01.07, Basic App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05, Precise App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05

You see, the “Precise App Fly Database” is at a lower version on the ipad.
It won’t update because if ipad is connected to spark, it has no Internet access, and if it has, it does not try.
Not even when asked to check for updates.
That tells me that that database is located in the app and not in the spark.
2017-10-29
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-29 08:54
Is there a particular reason why you don't just do it with DJI Assistant? Or did I miss anything here? My Android tablet has no cell function either and I do the NFZ updates directly on the Spark with DJI Assistant. Never any problems... And no, the database is not saved into the App, it is saved into the Spark.

I don’t think the database resides on the Spark aircraft. I deleted the GO4 app from my iPhone today and downloaded the latest version (4.15). The database was then reverted to 01.05 and as soon as I connected to the Spark I got the usual message saying the database was too low and I needed to install an update, which I did. On completion the database was changed to 01.07, which is the version it was showing before I deleted the GO4 app. From this I can only conclude that the database must be in the iPhone / iPad.
2017-10-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-10-29 11:30
I don’t think the database resides on the Spark aircraft. I deleted the GO4 app from my iPhone today and downloaded the latest version (4.15). The database was then reverted to 01.05 and as soon as I connected to the Spark I got the usual message saying the database was too low and I needed to install an update, which I did. On completion the database was changed to 01.07, which is the version it was showing before I deleted the GO4 app. From this I can only conclude that the database must be in the iPhone / iPad.

Please trust me, the database is stored in the Spark and nowhere else. I always update it with DJI Assistant directly to the Spark and have no problems at all.
2017-10-30
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

As I wrote,  my iphone reports a different version than my iPad when they are connected to the same spark. How do you explain that if the database is in the spark?
Maybe we are not talking about the same database.
Note the word “App” in "Precise App Fly Safe Database"
2017-10-30
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-30 13:22
Please trust me, the database is stored in the Spark and nowhere else. I always update it with DJI Assistant directly to the Spark and have no problems at all.

OK, I’’ll give it a try and let you know if there is any charge. Thanks in advance.
2017-10-30
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-30 13:22

DJI allowed me to reload the firmware, no update. Nothing regarding databases.

There is clearly an issue concerning Apple Wi-fi enabled devices such as iPad which DJI needs to resolve to stop the “database too low” Message appearing. Note everything is fine with iPhone.
2017-10-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-10-30 14:06
DJI allowed me to reload the firmware, no update. Nothing regarding databases.

There is clearly an issue concerning Apple Wi-fi enabled devices such as iPad which DJI needs to resolve to stop the “database too low” Message appearing. Note everything is fine with iPhone.

I have to correct myself, you were right too! Only now I have discovered that there are two databases, one in the Spark and one in the App. Sincere apologies for the confusion caused.
2017-10-31
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-31 08:14
I have to correct myself, you were right too! Only now I have discovered that there are two databases, one in the Spark and one in the App. Sincere apologies for the confusion caused.

No problem.
I’ve been in contact with DJI Support and they are no wiser or maybe don’t understand the issue. They sent me a procedure which Heliman has already tried without success. I’m beginning to think they assume we are only using iPhones and don’t seem to have thought about iPad users.

Interestingly I installed two updates to the aircraft firmware, initially 0700 quickly followed by 0701.

IHone

IHone
2017-10-31
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-31 08:14

No problem
I’ve been in contact with DJI Support and they are no wiser or maybe don’t understand the issue. They sent me a procedure which Heliman has already tried without success. I’m beginning to think they assume we are only using iPhones and don’t seem to have thought about iPad users.

Interestingly I installed two updates to the aircraft firmware, initially 0700 quickly followed by 0701.
2017-10-31
Use props
N8m888
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80535 ft
United Kingdom

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-10-29 02:52
I get same result as Heliman.  Updated app to v 4.15 and followed procedure in #38 but no change.

I found the only way to update the database with my wifi only iPad was to use an OTG cable to connect to RC so that iPad could still have an Internet connection.......good luck !!
2017-10-31
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

There is no such cable with my fly more kit, so I’m still waiting for a solution from DJI.
2017-10-31
Use props
djiuser_4NhMTuZ
New
Flight distance : 10157 ft
Canada

That's my problem too - controlling Spark with iPad and get the message you're all talking about. The Precise App Fly Safe Database version on my iPad is 01.00.01.05 and obviously when I'm connected to Spark the iPad is not connected to the internet, and when the iPad is connected to the internet and I click on "Check for update" nothing happens within the app.
Do we know if DJI is working on this?
2017-10-31
Use props
MiniMoke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7372 ft
Australia

djiuser_4NhMTuZ Posted at 2017-10-31 17:17
That's my problem too - controlling Spark with iPad and get the message you're all talking about. The Precise App Fly Safe Database version on my iPad is 01.00.01.05 and obviously when I'm connected to Spark the iPad is not connected to the internet, and when the iPad is connected to the internet and I click on "Check for update" nothing happens within the app.
Do we know if DJI is working on this?

I'm interested in this topic too.
2017-10-31
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

heliman Posted at 2017-10-31 12:51
There is no such cable with my fly more kit, so I’m still waiting for a solution from DJI.

Reply from DJI.

Sorry but iPad is not available to update the NFZ database. You are recommended to use iPhone or Android for updating.
2017-11-1
Use props
JP Santos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 116929 ft
Portugal

I had this problem. My solution was to enable celullar data and when i'm connected to the spark via remote controller, i went to About - check for updates and then it downloaded this database over cellullar data. I have now  .007. Hope this can help!

Iphone 7 // ios 11.1
DJI GO App 4.1.15
Last Firmware AC
Last Firmware RC

2017-11-1
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-11-1 05:06
Reply from DJI.

Sorry but iPad is not available to update the NFZ database. You are recommended to use iPhone or Android for updating.

Sounds not like DJI has understood that the fly safe app database that needs update is in the go app.
And that the go app must do the update when connected to Internet and not when connected to the spark.
2017-11-1
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i fixed the issue by connecting my spark to my computer and using the assistant 2 software , now i have updated to the .701 firmware the problem is back again
2017-11-1
Use props
Bristol9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

m1n1s Posted at 2017-11-1 10:44
i fixed the issue by connecting my spark to my computer and using the assistant 2 software , now i have updated to the .701 firmware the problem is back again

Success !

No thanks to DJI, I figured out a workaround which does the trick by tethering the iPad to the iPhone to achieve simultaneous internet connection and Wi-fi connection with the Spark.

1. Turn off wi-fi on the iPhone.
2. Turn on Bluetooth on the iPhone.
3. Turn on personal hotspot and select “Bluetooth and USB”.
4. Connect iPad to iPhone via Bluetooth.
5. Turn on Spark/RC and connect iPad as usual with wi-fi.
6. Start Go 4 app and wait for the message to update Precise Fly Zone update.
7. Select update and let the process begin.
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_4NhMTuZ
New
Flight distance : 10157 ft
Canada

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-11-1 12:47
Success !

No thanks to DJI, I figured out a workaround which does the trick by tethering the iPad to the iPhone to achieve simultaneous internet connection and Wi-fi connection with the Spark.

Well, that set of instructions was just the ticket!! I think someone had tried to offer the same earlier, but your list made it crystal clear, and indeed, solved the problem. Thanks ever so much. Greatly appreciated.
2017-11-1
Use props
MiniMoke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7372 ft
Australia

Bristol9 Posted at 2017-11-1 12:47
Success !

That's fantastic Bristol9; well done for finding the solution.

Thanks for sharing; I've just successfully updated the Go 4 app on my iPad 2.
2017-11-1
Use props
AJ.dji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4882 ft
United States

fans99d24711 Posted at 2017-10-1 06:03
Same thing happened to me. Ipad mini 4 wifi only. Funny enough the only way I got it to work was connect the remote to the aircraft, connect the Ipad to the remote via OTG and leave Ipad connected to wifi internet. Funny enough the "unsupported" OTG solves another problem for DJI.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am also using the ipad mini 4 and couldn't  update the database using the other suggestions. I connected the ipad to the controller via the OTG cable and to the internet via wi-fi. The database updated.
2017-11-2
Use props
gezzer300
First Officer
Flight distance : 697851 ft
United States

fans99d24711 Posted at 2017-10-1 06:03
Same thing happened to me. Ipad mini 4 wifi only. Funny enough the only way I got it to work was connect the remote to the aircraft, connect the Ipad to the remote via OTG and leave Ipad connected to wifi internet. Funny enough the "unsupported" OTG solves another problem for DJI.

That is the only way I got it to work. OTG to the rescue
2017-11-3
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Using OTG or make a bluetooth connected hotspot  are not solutions, but workarounds for a flawed fly safe app database update mechanism.
2017-11-3
Use props
Mcrew76
New
Flight distance : 25892 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-29 19:56
Agree with 3#. Please have a try and make sure the update is successful.

This did not work for me.  It just disapears and doesnt start any update.  Connect back to drone.... pops up again.... and again
2017-11-5
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

I came across the same thing today
Ipad mini 2
OTG cable did the trick for me.
No such problem with my Samsung galaxy s5
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mcrew76 Posted at 2017-11-5 04:52
This did not work for me.  It just disapears and doesnt start any update.  Connect back to drone.... pops up again.... and again

Have you tried to refresh via DJI Assistant 2? 38# is the reply from our engineers, please double check.
2017-11-7
Use props
helmarw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12730 ft
Netherlands

miktan66 Posted at 2017-9-30 21:39
I am using a iPad Mini 4, I had to connect the iPad to My Phone Via personal HotSpot (Bluetooth), Then when I connect the iPad to the Spark via Wifi then the update now button appeared when I hit ok.

thnx, i had the same problem, didnt realize i could use personal hotspot via BT. Learned something new today ;)
2017-11-7
Use props
PunaPhantom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1680374 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI SUPPORT
It would be really great and helpful if you could provide an excel spreadsheet with:
Aircraft type
AC FIRMWARE
RC FIRMWARE
AP VERSION
FLT DB
BASIC VERSION
PRECISE VERSION

One place to go for all the most recent versions which would change dynamically as new releases came out.
For us that have multiple models, please make it one sheet that includes all models, separated by a line or something.
2017-11-11
Use props
Adam_MX
lvl.1
Mexico

Hello. Have the same problem. Constantly getting the "your App's precise fly safe database is too low" error message ...
Tried everything and read everything on the issue, but no luck. No matter what I do I cannot update above the  Precise App Fly Safe Database. -  Version 01.0001.05
and the error keeps popping up ...

I am not sure whether this is related to the fact that I have had two occasions when the Spark started to behave out of control during a routine flight at a distance no more than 60 feet from me, no obstructions, no rush flying, just a safe routine flight.

Please, help. I am starting to lose faith in the reliability of the Spark ...
Screenshots attached.

Adam
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules