3171 46 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-2 20:11
Very neet!

BTW - How's the recovery going, doing OK?

Yes, thank you for asking. I am, as is usual for me, pushing it too fast. It is supposed to take 6 months to get over it, and I am trying to do it in three.
2017-10-2
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-2 20:58
Yes, thank you for asking. I am, as is usual for me, pushing it too fast. It is supposed to take 6 months to get over it, and I am trying to do it in three.

Well the good news is you are feeling it enough to push it...however, I don't think you wanna mess with that you can't afford for something to go wrong in your healing.
Glad you are doing well and hope you will continue to do so, take care!
2017-10-2
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-2 19:32
Absolutely, and that bird looks like a Wedge-Tail Eagle, they can have a wingspan up to 9 feet, and are one of the largest in the eagle species, native to Australia. I am veery lucky to have them in the part of the countryside where I live. They usually get around in pairs, and one pair has a nest somewhere close to me. In warmer weather, I can often go outside, look up and see the two of them riding thermals above me. I once had an eye-to-eye encounter with one off the side of a cliff where it was hovering in the updraft, nearly stationary and only about 20 feet away from me. It was well aware that I was watching it, but was not bothered.

Sometimes you just wish you had a camera handy
2017-10-2
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-2 19:32
Absolutely, and that bird looks like a Wedge-Tail Eagle, they can have a wingspan up to 9 feet, and are one of the largest in the eagle species, native to Australia. I am veery lucky to have them in the part of the countryside where I live. They usually get around in pairs, and one pair has a nest somewhere close to me. In warmer weather, I can often go outside, look up and see the two of them riding thermals above me. I once had an eye-to-eye encounter with one off the side of a cliff where it was hovering in the updraft, nearly stationary and only about 20 feet away from me. It was well aware that I was watching it, but was not bothered.

Were i work we have a pair fly around at least once every fortnight one of them has a wingspan of at least 6 - 7 feet across they are an awesome bird i love them
2017-10-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-2 23:44
Were i work we have a pair fly around at least once every fortnight one of them has a wingspan of at least 6 - 7 feet across they are an awesome bird i love them

Yes, It is a real priviledge to see them.
2017-10-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-2 22:21
Well the good news is you are feeling it enough to push it...however, I don't think you wanna mess with that you can't afford for something to go wrong in your healing.
Glad you are doing well and hope you will continue to do so, take care!

Thank you again for your kind thoughts.
2017-10-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I think our Canadian eagles could take your eagles!! Ha

They stay here all winter.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-3
Use props