iPhone 8 - No!
7745 26 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aradise
New
United States

I'm taking back everything else I previouly posted. I spent the day shooting in all kinds of situations. The OSMO Mobile and the iPhone 8 are a disaster. Shaking, disconnecting, no balance and it messes with my Phantom 4 Pro...no idea why or how. There's an issue with the Space Grey colored phones and OSMO's detector as well, which I read about somewhere else.

I'm returning my OSMO Mobile to BestBuy tomorrow. I will try the OSMO+ for kicks.

2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Appreciate your feedback and sorry to hear the performance with iPhone 8. May I know if you balanced the gimbal well before powering on? Did you put any case?
When you run DJI Go, please make sure the DJI Go 4 is closed completely, otherwise, it may mess with Phantom 4 Pro.
2017-9-29
Use props
los0325
New
United States

I have an spacegray iphone 8+ and have not had this issue.
2017-10-3
Use props
fanse1aae1c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 463182 ft
United States

My gray iPhone8 seems ok so far. The Balance is a little off.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fanse1aae1c2 Posted at 2017-10-6 15:08
My gray iPhone8 seems ok so far. The Balance is a little off.

Just to clarify, do you use a case on it? Which axis do you notice is off?
2017-10-6
Use props
fanse1aae1c2
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-6 15:09
Just to clarify, do you use a case on it? Which axis do you notice is off?

I don’t have a case on it.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fanse1aae1c2 Posted at 2017-10-6 16:16
I don’t have a case on it.

Which axis seems off balance? Is it the roll or is it tilting too forward?
2017-10-6
Use props
fanse1aae1c2
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-6 16:25
Which axis seems off balance? Is it the roll or is it tilting too forward?

Mine is the roll axis
2017-10-7
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine works fine. Iphone 8 plus, no issues with the phantom p4p, mavic or the osmo.
2017-10-8
Use props
Luv_Geo
New

Canada

I bought the DJi Osmo Mobile, set it up with my iPhone 8 Plus and headed for the beautiful park, 2 hour hike. During the walk, had the DJi jerk and hit my phone like take off balance or position. Second, is battery, left with it got to park 40 percent gone wasn’t even on during car ride and finally 3. the video stutters every time like if I take a step, I recorded using my own  or more so Camera App video recording and everything was fine. I was really disappointed when I got home all the videos taken today were all stutters like it was not usable. Very turned of and skeptic about this brand. I had really high hopes, it does amazing things if you get it set up right and amazing shortcuts, but what’s the use of it doesn’t work right out of the box and if battery issues arise randomly.
2017-10-8
Use props
Kate J
New

Australia

I just bought a DJI Osmo Mobile and I really wish I had done a lot more research.  I have an iPhone 8sPlus and it won't balance (I took the case off), even if I can get the osmo to come on, I get a message telling me adjust the phone (balance it) which I can't do -  so its pretty much useless - will DJI be coming up with a fix for this?

2017-10-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Kate J Posted at 2017-10-8 22:40
I just bought a DJI Osmo Mobile and I really wish I had done a lot more research.  I have an iPhone 8sPlus and it won't balance (I took the case off), even if I can get the osmo to come on, I get a message telling me adjust the phone (balance it) which I can't do -  so its pretty much useless - will DJI be coming up with a fix for this?

Have you updated the firmware? Do you have the Assistant 2 software on your computer. You can download the software by going to this link: http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/i ... te_search#downloads
2017-10-10
Use props
jy888
New
United States

iPhone 8 Plus  user here... just received my Osmo Mobile today, and can't seem to get it to work. I've tried updating my iOS, updating the Osmo firmware via DJI Assistant 2, battery over 90% charged...

behaviors observed:
- Start the DJI GO app, and power on the Osmo Mobile. The Osmo will have a blue left light (Bluetooth connection successful?) and blinking yellow right light.
- Osmo Mobile seems to work perfectly OK with a iPhone 6S (4.7"). Is it a weight issue with iPhone 8 Plus?? Or some other issue?
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jy888 Posted at 2017-11-13 21:08
iPhone 8 Plus  user here... just received my Osmo Mobile today, and can't seem to get it to work. I've tried updating my iOS, updating the Osmo firmware via DJI Assistant 2, battery over 90% charged...

behaviors observed:

Blinking yellow on the right indicator means the gimbal is not functioning well, did you balance the gimbal before powering on? Did you remove the case?
2017-11-14
Use props
d_well
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 02:06
Blinking yellow on the right indicator means the gimbal is not functioning well, did you balance the gimbal before powering on? Did you remove the case?

I am having the same issue.  I have updated the firmware and taken off the case.  I have balanced the gimbal.  I have even sent in the Osmo for repair and they returned it saying that I just need to balance it before powering on and it doesn't work.  Advice?
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

d_well Posted at 2017-11-15 05:42
I am having the same issue.  I have updated the firmware and taken off the case.  I have balanced the gimbal.  I have even sent in the Osmo for repair and they returned it saying that I just need to balance it before powering on and it doesn't work.  Advice?

What is the model of your mobile device? Please make sure you have balanced well the gimbal, here is the tutorial video for your reference:
Can you please post the case number here? I will check more info for better assistance. Thank you.
2017-11-16
Use props
djiuser_8dmHcBv
New
United States

I just bought the Osmo Mobile for my iPhone 8+ and I'm experiencing the same behaviors the other posters have described. I can't even balance the phone before turning it on as the manual instructs. Then I turn it on and the Osmo overcorrects the tilt to a tilt on the other side. After about 30 seconds, a yellow light blinks, the Osmo shuts off, and the phone drops. I don't think this product works with iPhone 8+
2017-11-16
Use props
jy888
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 02:06
Did you remove the case?

Yes, I removed the case and extended the balance adjustment as far as it will go. However, I will say that it is still not perfectly balanced.

If it is any help, the total weight of my device is 212.2g (iPhone 8+ with a tempered glass screen protector). Is this too much weight?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_8dmHcBv Posted at 2017-11-16 01:00
I just bought the Osmo Mobile for my iPhone 8+ and I'm experiencing the same behaviors the other posters have described. I can't even balance the phone before turning it on as the manual instructs. Then I turn it on and the Osmo overcorrects the tilt to a tilt on the other side. After about 30 seconds, a yellow light blinks, the Osmo shuts off, and the phone drops. I don't think this product works with iPhone 8+

Sir, sorry to read on this, could you happen to take a short video about the issue including how you balanced before powering on?
We will feedback to our engineers for more test, thank you.
Besides, does it work well with other mobile phones?
2017-11-17
Use props
jy888
New
United States

djiuser_8dmHcBv Posted at 2017-11-16 01:00

I actually got mine to work!
I saw this video, and the first tip got it working!

There is some sort of sensor next to the phone clamp, and apparently very reflective materials (like glass) will cause the Osmo to not work properly. (maybe to check the phone isn't mounted screen side forward...??)

I tested this with a strip of masking tape on the back of my phone, and it started working. Balance still isn't ideal (the iPh 8+ is still a rather heavy phone and the arm doesn't extend far enough to balance it perfectly), but at least it works for now
2017-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Luv_Geo Posted at 2017-10-8 15:37
I bought the DJi Osmo Mobile, set it up with my iPhone 8 Plus and headed for the beautiful park, 2 hour hike. During the walk, had the DJi jerk and hit my phone like take off balance or position. Second, is battery, left with it got to park 40 percent gone wasn’t even on during car ride and finally 3. the video stutters every time like if I take a step, I recorded using my own  or more so Camera App video recording and everything was fine. I was really disappointed when I got home all the videos taken today were all stutters like it was not usable. Very turned of and skeptic about this brand. I had really high hopes, it does amazing things if you get it set up right and amazing shortcuts, but what’s the use of it doesn’t work right out of the box and if battery issues arise randomly.

Maybe the last post (just above mine) could help?
2017-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I mean #20
2017-11-18
Use props
Artichoke31
New
United States

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this will help.  But I had the same problem and I went into the settings and turned off the Mobile Device Check.    Settings-->Gimbal-->Mobile Device Check.

After turning off, it seem to solve the balancing issue.   

Will update it further after trying out different situations, but it's worked so far.
2017-11-19
Use props
ampand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231381 ft
  • >>>
Austria

mine is the roll axis too
2017-12-9
Use props
fans52b074d9
New

Canada

I have the 8plus, the phone is too heavy for the Osmo mobile. I put together a couple washers at 50 grams and it worked out perfect. Before I put the counter weights the motor would get hot and was not working properly. Also when I tried it with moment lens it kept telling me to restart the device. I think the sensor was having trouble recognizing there was a phone I literally put clear tape on the back of the case and it worked perfect. Of course you have to add more counterweights mine were just DIY ones but moment sells legit ones for $40.
2017-12-15
Use props
Noirdog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15705 ft
United Kingdom

I use an 8+ with no issues.  Have y'all tried to extend/shorten the arm to balance it?
2017-12-19
Use props
CQCQCQDX
lvl.1
United States

iphone 8 with moment case and lens and counterweight no issue..
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules