Crash boom bang - advice please
964 6 2017-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

My fault entirely. I was using course lock, flying past a tree and yawing to keep it in the frame. I didn't realise the ground was rising and the Mavic suddenly turned into a lawn mower. Which, unsurprisingly, it isn't very good at. Broken main casing around the rear left leg. Gimbal knocked out of its seat. Pretty severe impact first with the grass, then with hard ground.

Here's my concern - I bought my Mavic from an ebay seller. I purchased the Care Refresh before activating the drone and got confirmation from DJI that it was valid. It doesn't expire until March next year. But because I bought it from the ebay seller, and not direct from DJI, will that affect my insurance?

And, because I am in Western Australia, will DJI repair it in Australia, or will it have to go all the way back to DJI China?

2017-9-29
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

EDIT; Just reviewed the footage again. I didn't hit the ground, I flew it sideways into another tree with low hanging branches. Not paying enough attention to the direction I was flying in.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, where did you buy the DJI Care Refresh? Could you offer me the aircraft serial number? I'd like to check.
2017-9-29
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-29 23:59
Just to verify, where did you buy the DJI Care Refresh? Could you offer me the aircraft serial number? I'd like to check.

Hi Susan
I bought the Care Refresh online from DJI. Agreement number RYL3NGAPFDSTMUV9

A/C serial number is 08QDE2T0120555
Gimbal serial number is 092DDAR00202KV
2017-9-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You should have no problem with your care refresh, this is the sor of thing it’s there for, hopefully you will be back flying soon.
Good luck.
2017-9-30
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

"I purchased the Care Refresh before activating the drone and got confirmation from DJI that it was valid."

If you secured the CR before activation then you should be good to go. Warranty expires 1 yr from date of CR purchase is my understanding.

2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rusty Iron Posted at 2017-9-30 00:56
Hi Susan
I bought the Care Refresh online from DJI. Agreement number RYL3NGAPFDSTMUV9

Confirm that your DJI Care Refresh is valid in Australia. You can check it from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage

If you need to use the refresh in AU, just contact our support to start a case, and they will help you. No worries.
2017-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules