2391 19 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am seeing consistent problems trying to use time lapse with an iPhone 7.  Most of the time NO video results at all.  If I set it up and start it, and come back in say 15 minutes, the screen is locked and the app not even running.

Anyone else seeing these issues?
2017-9-30
Use props
Indian
lvl.1
Norway

I am a novice with the Osmo Mobile. I use an iPhone 7. I see the screen dimming to about half strength, I suppose to save power. Have you tried uninstalling the app? My first use with iPhone was eventfull. Only today it worked as it should after I updated the firmware.
2017-9-30
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Will give that a try later.  Ive seen more than a few cases when pictures or videos disappear.
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This is not normal, iPhone 7 is compatible with Osmo Mobile.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists after reinstalling the APP, and please try other mobile devices to do the troubleshooting as well, thanks.
2017-10-1
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WIll try later today with the resinstall.  This has been occurring for some time now.
2017-10-2
Use props
calicartel
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-2
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Same result.  Set it up for a 30 min time lapse.  Started it and walked away.  Checked back after some time, screen is locked and app NOT running under neath.  No video shows in Editor/Browse area.  I saw similar resu;ts on vacation a few months ago.  Did a number of PANO shots.  None ever showed in in Editor area.
Make this pretty much useless.  
2017-10-2
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have also tried other mobile devices...same result.  Its just not reliable at all.
2017-10-3
Use props
los0325
New
United States

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-3 05:10
I have also tried other mobile devices...same result.  Its just not reliable at all.

I have used an Iphone 7+ and had the issue where photos went away after one day, so i got into the habit of downloading the images right after i capture them, i have not any issues with videos, im know using with an Iphone8+ ill let you know
2017-10-3
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mine never appear at all...completely MIA.  If I could return this unit now...I would. Just not reliable at all.
2017-10-4
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only use the DJI Go app with the Osmo Mobile for motion timelapse with an iPhone SE since that is the only way to work motion in with the gimbal. It works best if I first switch to airplane mode and then just turn on Bluetooth so nothing can interfere (incoming calls, texts, notifications) while the phone is taking the timelapse.
Have you tried taking a timelapse in the native iPhone camera app to see how it compares? I know you can't set exact timing there. But there are plenty of timelapse apps out there if that is your main need. The DJI Go app isn't required for that function unless the Tripod option switch needs to engaged in the app which I have not tried. However, if it is a bug in iOS 11 or something, they should fix it. Are you on iOS 11 now?
2017-10-5
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Other time lapse apps work fine (both handheld and via tripod ) and always produce results.  This is an issue with the combo of OSMO and DJI Go app.  Happens  with different i Phone models.  Just completely unreliable for me.
2017-10-7
Use props
smithsadams20
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

smithsadams20 Posted at 2017-10-11 01:52
buy app reviews
Buy iOS Reviews

Not sure this is on topic....
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-7 03:46
Other time lapse apps work fine (both handheld and via tripod ) and always produce results.  This is an issue with the combo of OSMO and DJI Go app.  Happens  with different i Phone models.  Just completely unreliable for me.

We are sorry for the late response because of Chinese National Holiday.
For Osmo Mobile, the shooting will be interrupted when you get a call in or low battery reminder.
Did you encounter this situation during shooting?
2017-10-12
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No, neither. This problem is more ingrained to the gear/app
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-15 02:46
No, neither. This problem is more ingrained to the gear/app

Then I suggest to send in the device for evaluation and test to locate the problem.
2017-10-15
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How do I do that and to where?
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneGuyEd Posted at 2017-10-18 05:09
How do I do that and to where?

If you locate in the United States, please fill in online repair here, the case will be created and as well as shipping label.
When you get it, please send the device in.

2017-10-18
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WIll try to set this up when I return next week.  Currently its just totally unreliable for any actions.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules