Can't open jpg files
7440 9 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb06a7504
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3284 ft
Canada

Since Sept 10th 2017 I can't open my pictures & video taken from my Phantom 4.
Latest firmware updated.

I have tried to attached a picture of 6 meg but apparently its too huge.
Anyone else can't open the files?

Thanks!
2017-9-30
Use props
fansb06a7504
lvl.1
Canada

I forgot to mention. I have copied a picture on my SD card and I was able to open. (picture not taken with the aircraft). No problem with SD card.
2017-9-30
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

What program are you trying to use to open them, and what error message does it say?  "Can't open them" can mean a lot of things.

You can upload a photo to Dropbox or similar and we can take a look.
2017-9-30
Use props
fansb06a7504
lvl.1
Canada

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-30 08:35
What program are you trying to use to open them, and what error message does it say?  "Can't open them" can mean a lot of things.

You can upload a photo to Dropbox or similar and we can take a look.

I use windows 10 in french. i have tried to open with lightroom 5, photoshop element 14, and Paint.

Error with Photoshop Element 14: Could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment lenght is too short (the file may be truncated or imcomplete).

Error with lightroom:  Preview unavailable for this file.

Error with Paint: Paint can not open this file. Ce fichier n'est pas un fichier bitmap valide, ou son format n'est pas pris en charge.
2017-9-30
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Have you got another card you can test with, I know you said you copied another photo to it but this doesn’t exclude the card being the cause.
2017-9-30
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

fansb06a7504 Posted at 2017-9-30 09:33
I use windows 10 in french. i have tried to open with lightroom 5, photoshop element 14, and Paint.

Error with Photoshop Element 14: Could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment lenght is too short (the file may be truncated or imcomplete).

If these photos are relatively important, you can download IrFanView which should allow you to open them and fix the corrupt files.

I'm not sure what would be causing your Phantom to store truncated files.  Especially since you said it was occurring on movies too.  Easiest fixes first, I guess I'd try formatting the SD card (from the aircraft, not Windows 10) after your files are recovered.  Then try a different SD card.

If you have been copying the files by connecting your aircraft to the computer then try removing the SD card and copying it with a card reader instead.
2017-9-30
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-30 09:43
If these photos are relatively important, you can download IrFanView which should allow you to open them and fix the corrupt files.

I'm not sure what would be causing your Phantom to store truncated files.  Especially since you said it was occurring on movies too.  Easiest fixes first, I guess I'd try formatting the SD card (from the aircraft, not Windows 10) after your files are recovered.  Then try a different SD card.

Yep IrFanView is way to go. I was so impressed I actually donated to the creator; he always responds to queries, problems etc. AND programme works.
2017-9-30
Use props
fansb06a7504
lvl.1
Canada

sky wombat Posted at 2017-9-30 15:29
Yep IrFanView is way to go. I was so impressed I actually donated to the creator; he always responds to queries, problems etc. AND programme works.

Thanks for your support!
I've formatted the card and everything works well. Unfortunately I’ve lost some important pictures.
2017-10-1
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Good to hear you are back in the air fans.
What I'd probably do is get another SD card and use the one you had problems with as backup. You may not have any problem with the current card but...
The second thing is have a look around for some file recovery programmes on the web. There are a couple around and you shouldn't have to pay to try them.
So good flying.
2017-10-1
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Hey…if you’re unable to open the JPEG photos in your Photo app then try it once in image editor such as Photoshop, Inkscape, and Picasa. After that, you can open the JPEG images with image editors and rename JPG files without causing any change in file extension, this should fix “Windows 10 won’t open JPG files”. So, just try this once resolve your issue…

2020-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules