Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just found out I am not alone with GPS & compass errors
1468 17 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodkar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37198 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I lost my Spark two weeks ago in Hong Kong after it suddenly lost GPS signals and reporting compass error like 3 minutes into flight. Despite a home point had been successfully recorded at takeoff, it never managed to fly back after I lost control of it. I had flown it couple of times in Japan 2 weeks before that without experiencing any problems. I had actually flown further and higher in those flights in Japan. I didn't realize until today that other people have experienced the same problems. I did post some photos and the video from DJI Go 4's flight list on Instagram tagging #djiglobal. I don't know if they have read it or not. But I basically just blamed it on bad luck. I did try to call the local DJI support hotline couple of times but I gave up after they repeatedly forwarding me to Mandarin speakers (because all the Cantonese speakers were not available). Anyway, I thought there's nothing they could help me because I don't have the crashed Spark with me. But now that I found out other people have experienced the same problems, I just like to share my experience too so that maybe someone from DJI will take notice and look into it.
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Below is the video of recorded in DJI Go 4's flight list:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X3PIpIJsoYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2017-9-30
Use props
rodkar
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

2017-9-30
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1198346 ft
Romania

post your log from your tablet
2017-9-30
Use props
Inspire_Max
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

rodkar Posted at 2017-9-30 09:24
https://www.youtube.com/embed/X3PIpIJsoYc

Same issue. But mine crashed into a wall and I recovered it...
2017-9-30
Use props
rodkar
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_xLE6O03 Posted at 2017-9-30 11:59

thanks for the suggestion. i used my iphone attaching to the RC for control. i didn’t have a reason to look for the function of exporting fly log before the accident. unfortunately, it appeared flight records was all i could find at that time. now that you mentioned it, i just had another go at the app and found there’s an “Export CSV” option. All i need to do now is find a way to access that file .... iOS 11’s files app doesn’t seem to have access to the dji go document directory ....

anyway, thanks again for the suggestion! will post it once i got hold on it
2017-9-30
Use props
rodkar
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-9-30 13:36
Same issue. But mine crashed into a wall and I recovered it...

sorry to hear you have experienced the same issue. glad you have recovered it. i noticed the dji go app had undergone a couple updates since i lost my Spark 2 weeks ago. i wonder if it did improve the situation ...
2017-9-30
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1198346 ft
Romania

rodkar Posted at 2017-9-30 19:18
thanks for the suggestion. i used my iphone attaching to the RC for control. i didn’t have a reason to look for the function of exporting fly log before the accident. unfortunately, it appeared flight records was all i could find at that time. now that you mentioned it, i just had another go at the app and found there’s an “Export CSV” option. All i need to do now is find a way to access that file .... iOS 11’s files app doesn’t seem to have access to the dji go document directory ....

anyway, thanks again for the suggestion! will post it once i got hold on it

you can use airdata.com to syncronize from dji go app
2017-10-1
Use props
bfreedman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64849 ft
Australia

Similar issue Today guy's there appears to be multiple threads tracking this issue. Will post my .dat file when I get back home. Fortunately was able to regain control of the drone. https://forum.dji.com/thread-112713-2-1.html
2017-10-1
Use props
rodkar
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_xLE6O03 Posted at 2017-10-1 01:17
you can use airdata.com to syncronize from dji go app

thanks again for the suggestion! just signed up a free account. unfortunately, it requires iTunes to transfer the log .... the latest version of iTunes (which I am running) has removed the Apps function ... I am sure the developer at airdata.com is working on a workaround. guess I just have to wait.

thanks.
2017-10-1
Use props
Bob_droneman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216214 ft
United States

I had the same error but was able to recover.  Bi have uploaded the logs to DJi.    I am wary of flying  if the entire fix this I will sell it
2017-10-1
Use props
rodkar
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_xLE6O03 Posted at 2017-9-30 11:59

Finally able to retrieve the log from my iPhone after Apple released a "new" iTunes this week. This is my first time reading any log. The amount of info logged is quite impressive. I particularly like the weather info which confirms visibility was good at that time. As far as I can remember, info in Notifications accurately describes what had happened. But I don't understand why Compass under SENSORS says no issues were found. Any insights on reading the log would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Spark Final Flight Log
2017-10-13
Use props
rodkar
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

a quick update on my lost spark; for reasons unknown (actually i am certain it's mostly procrastination and a little bit of not believing dji could help anyway), i waited till last week - just a few days before end of 2017 and over 3 months since i lost my drone - to write to dji support using the form on their website about my incident. to my pleasant surprise, i received a genuine (not robot generated) reply within a few hours. they gave me instructions to make available my flight logs for them to review. i followed and i didn't really expect to hear from them anytime soon because of the new year. kudos to dji support. they replied 2 days ago saying i got a warranty case and they would offer my a 100% off coupon code for buying a new spark from the web store. i answered a few more questions and received the coupon today. i ordered my "new" spark just now. i can even transfer the remaining term of my old spark's care refresh to the new one! i must say i am extremely impressed by the online customer support of dji.
2018-1-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

rodkar Posted at 2018-1-4 07:42
a quick update on my lost spark; for reasons unknown (actually i am certain it's mostly procrastination and a little bit of not believing dji could help anyway), i waited till last week - just a few days before end of 2017 and over 3 months since i lost my drone - to write to dji support using the form on their website about my incident. to my pleasant surprise, i received a genuine (not robot generated) reply within a few hours. they gave me instructions to make available my flight logs for them to review. i followed and i didn't really expect to hear from them anytime soon because of the new year. kudos to dji support. they replied 2 days ago saying i got a warranty case and they would offer my a 100% off coupon code for buying a new spark from the web store. i answered a few more questions and received the coupon today. i ordered my "new" spark just now. i can even transfer the remaining term of my old spark's care refresh to the new one! i must say i am extremely impressed by the online customer support of dji.[view_image]

Great to hear, thank you for sharing the good news with us!
2018-1-4
Use props
_zine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49521 ft
Netherlands

rodkar Posted at 2018-1-4 07:42
a quick update on my lost spark; for reasons unknown (actually i am certain it's mostly procrastination and a little bit of not believing dji could help anyway), i waited till last week - just a few days before end of 2017 and over 3 months since i lost my drone - to write to dji support using the form on their website about my incident. to my pleasant surprise, i received a genuine (not robot generated) reply within a few hours. they gave me instructions to make available my flight logs for them to review. i followed and i didn't really expect to hear from them anytime soon because of the new year. kudos to dji support. they replied 2 days ago saying i got a warranty case and they would offer my a 100% off coupon code for buying a new spark from the web store. i answered a few more questions and received the coupon today. i ordered my "new" spark just now. i can even transfer the remaining term of my old spark's care refresh to the new one! i must say i am extremely impressed by the online customer support of dji.[view_image]

Let's hope I am as fortunate as you ... I'm still waiting for a response from the 'technical team'  :-)
2018-1-4
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

Great to hear that DJI is positively responding to your case.

Anyway, what could have been the cause of the "dreaded" compass error in this particular case?

I have had my Spark only for a month. I loved flying it during my recent trip to the beach but all these Compass errors I'm reading makes me think we got into a crap shoot.
2018-1-4
Use props
rodkar
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

_zine Posted at 2018-1-4 08:27
Let's hope I am as fortunate as you ... I'm still waiting for a response from the 'technical team'  :-)

Good luck!
2018-1-5
Use props
fans209e8746
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754872 ft
Australia

Have you got an answer DJI or are you just going to ignore the question?
2018-1-5
Use props
rodkar
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans209e8746 Posted at 2018-1-5 03:01
Have you got an answer DJI or are you just going to ignore the question?

they didn't explain to me what had gone wrong, just saying i got a warranty case that should cover my cost of replacement
2018-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules