Spark flyaways how did yours go ? Or never had one !
2043 26 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

Single SelectVote, Total 115 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

73.04% (84)
6.96% (8)
9.57% (11)
3.48% (4)
6.09% (7)
0.87% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-9-30
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

No. 1 is two questions.
2017-9-30
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

I never had a fly away
2017-9-30
Use props
I am Sparkacus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94626 ft
Czechia

Me neither.
2017-9-30
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

I almost did today.  Tried flying in circle mode around a water tower, I have flown in circle mode many times and no issues, and it just started flying off in the opposite way.  I am going to post it in another thread right now.  Luckily I cancelled the shot and was able to regain control but I still wonder what happened!!!
2017-9-30
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

Javey Posted at 2017-9-30 16:21
I almost did today.  Tried flying in circle mode around a water tower, I have flown in circle mode many times and no issues, and it just started flying off in the opposite way.  I am going to post it in another thread right now.  Luckily I cancelled the shot and was able to regain control but I still wonder what happened!!!

The metal of water towers would have a negative effect on the Spark's compass. It's also possible that the tower can be fitted with electronics.
2017-9-30
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

InkedUpDad.com Posted at 2017-9-30 16:32
The metal of water towers would have a negative effect on the Spark's compass. It's also possible that the tower can be fitted with electronics.

Ah, that would make sense...thanks for the explanation.  That's why I am not blaming it on DJI I'm sure it was some mistake of mine but not one that I want to make again!  That's why I want to get to the bottom of it.
2017-9-30
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

Javey Posted at 2017-9-30 17:05
Ah, that would make sense...thanks for the explanation.  That's why I am not blaming it on DJI I'm sure it was some mistake of mine but not one that I want to make again!  That's why I want to get to the bottom of it.

Totally understand. Lots of things I wouldn't have even considered. We always see these gorgeous shots around bridges, lighthouses, building, etc. Then I came on here and read about the interference they can cause. Kinda scary when the drone goes unresponsive.
2017-9-30
Use props
pr777
lvl.2
United Kingdom

heliman Posted at 2017-9-30 12:19
No. 1 is two questions.

Yes sorry it is .
Thought if you had nt had a flyaway you would love your spark !
Will be more careful if do another poll !!
2017-9-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

pr777 Posted at 2017-9-30 23:33
Yes sorry it is .
Thought if you had nt had a flyaway you would love your spark !
Will be more careful if do another poll !!

ya, you are leaving a large segment of people out of this poll who may have had a fly away in any number of condition possibilities but still love their spark...

that being said, i dont have a spark anymore but my first spark the fly away did occur with RC+OTG and RC+Wifi, my first spark just wanted to be free i guess, or maybe it was possessed. my second spark was amazing until it died at my feet..
2017-10-1
Use props
FiLunder7
lvl.2
Russia

How can I see vote result with "new" user status?
2017-10-1
Use props
bfreedman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64849 ft
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-1 00:16
ya, you are leaving a large segment of people out of this poll who may have had a fly away in any number of condition possibilities but still love their spark...

that being said, i dont have a spark anymore but my first spark the fly away did occur with RC+OTG and RC+Wifi, my first spark just wanted to be free i guess, or maybe it was possessed. my second spark was amazing until it died at my feet..

I agree with this quote. I had a fly away today (I was able to recover fortunately - posted in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-112713-2-1.html), but still love my Spark and hope to get many more flights out of it.
2017-10-1
Use props
fansa0fa94b3
New
Flight distance : 64642 ft
Switzerland

Unfortunately my spark flew away into nirvana yesterday. It was at 95m height and around 350m distance when I got the low gps warning, then it lost gps and went into atti mode. Tried to get it back with rth mode but connection was lost.
How can I retrieve the flight log from the app (iOS) to submit to dji support?
2017-10-1
Use props
pr777
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-1 00:16

I thought everyone who lost a Spark from flyaway would nt have liked there Spark .
Should have just put put Not had a flyer as that option !

Or Maybe some more options
Not had a flyway Love my Spark (as poll)
plus
Not had a flyaway dont like my Spark I wish it would flyaway !
Not had a flyaway not sure if I like Spark or not yet ......until it flies away !
Most probably some more ........
2017-10-1
Use props
pr777
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Anuvis Posted at 2017-9-30 14:26
I never had a fly away

And you vote was I still love my Spark not had fly away .....?
2017-10-1
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You do know most of these are not flyaway, in almost all of these cases gps was lost through bad compass or just lack of gps, so all of these Aircrafts were still under the control of the users flying them, a flyaway is when Aircraft malfunctions takes off and user has no control whatsoever. It is true to say there are very very few real flyaway with dji drones regardless of what many are saying here.
2017-10-1
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

pr777 Posted at 2017-10-1 09:28
And you vote was I still love my Spark not had fly away .....?

yes..........................
2017-10-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have not had one yet, hopefully never will.
2017-10-1
Use props
Soundwave
New
Flight distance : 14951 ft
Iceland

I lost my spark a few hours ago and couldn’t find it. Just before it got lost it went into atti mode and back to sport mode a couple of times and then RTH mode and atti mode again in just a few seconds. I got a lot of error messages, among them was one about not being able to RTH because of no fly zone in the path of returning home but that is not true, I checked just before I started to fly. I had prefect gps connection but I got error messages about that as well. Now I don’t know what to do, have been looking for 3 hours but then it got really dark and I couldn’t continue. Any ideas how to proceed?
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Soundwave Posted at 2017-10-1 13:49
I lost my spark a few hours ago and couldn’t find it. Just before it got lost it went into atti mode and back to sport mode a couple of times and then RTH mode and atti mode again in just a few seconds. I got a lot of error messages, among them was one about not being able to RTH because of no fly zone in the path of returning home but that is not true, I checked just before I started to fly. I had prefect gps connection but I got error messages about that as well. Now I don’t know what to do, have been looking for 3 hours but then it got really dark and I couldn’t continue. Any ideas how to proceed?

You could upload your flight log from your app to link below just click on link and follow instructions.
You may be able to get your last known coordinates and also find out what went wrong with your spark.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-10-1
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I had compass error but I back my bird in ATTI safely home.
2017-10-1
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

by fly away i'm going to assume you mean that the spark encountered an error and exited GPS mode, which i have had happen once.  luckily it happened to me right after takeoff and the spark was close by, so i was able to fly it LOS back and land quickly.  

there apparently has been some issues with remotes having problems with the sticks malfunctioning, where the remote will just "lock" a stick signal in in one of the corners.  my friend recently bought a spark and had that happen to him.  he was flying in a hover and the spark just took off and flew into a rock and crashed.  afterward he tried to calibrate the remote and the right stick was stuck in the top right corner and could not be calibrated, and when he turned the remote on it beeped an alarm for sticks not being centered.  he ended up swapping it out with another one where he bought it and has been happy since.  
2017-10-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2017-10-1 15:42
by fly away i'm going to assume you mean that the spark encountered an error and exited GPS mode, which i have had happen once.  luckily it happened to me right after takeoff and the spark was close by, so i was able to fly it LOS back and land quickly.  

there apparently has been some issues with remotes having problems with the sticks malfunctioning, where the remote will just "lock" a stick signal in in one of the corners.  my friend recently bought a spark and had that happen to him.  he was flying in a hover and the spark just took off and flew into a rock and crashed.  afterward he tried to calibrate the remote and the right stick was stuck in the top right corner and could not be calibrated, and when he turned the remote on it beeped an alarm for sticks not being centered.  he ended up swapping it out with another one where he bought it and has been happy since.

I think different people have different definitions of "fly away".  I have a different take than your definition.  I personally don't consider exiting GPS mode a fly away all by itself, because in ATTI mode the pilot still has control of the craft.  As you say, LOS is critical as eyes become the navigation system.  If one flies out of LOS and loses GPS, that's not a fly away in my mind, that's pilot error.

My definition of a fly away is when the craft exits GPS (goes to ATTI mode) simultaneously with a loss of connection between craft and RC.  Under these circumstances, the user has no control of the craft, the craft has no means of knowing how to RTH (no GPS), and the elements own the craft.  Of all the cases reported in the forums, I think I've seen two such instances.
2017-10-2
Use props
fans99d24711
lvl.2
United States

Although mine might not have been an actual flyaway as opposed to a Failsafe RTH from the remote disconnect into a tree. I consider it a flyaway because it rapidly climbed, rolled and yawed in the wrong direction of the recorded home point.
2017-10-3
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

No flyaway to date
2017-10-3
Use props
pr777
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Soundwave Posted at 2017-10-1 13:49

unlucky I feel for you hope you find it/found it ?
See you are from Iceland could it have been magnetic interference that could have caused problem .....?
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules