DJI RONIN: Loose Quick release system.
9394 7 2014-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pierre269
New

Canada

My quick release systems keeps coming loose. Even when I manually tighen the allen screw, the camera will move back and forth with a little pressure. As a result, the whole system starts shaking.
Any way to replace the screw or quick release locking arm to tighen it more thouroughly?

Thanks

2014-10-20
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

Are you talking about the quick release lever that locks the camera's dovetail plate in place? You're also saying once you tighten the black screw on the side with the wrench that you could still push the camera forward and backward using your hand?
2014-10-20
Use props
matthew.debonis
New

United States

I am having the same issue. But after I wrench down the quick plate screw it still sometimes doesn't have enough pressure on the dovetail to hold camera in place. It looks like a coating problem not being up to spec.
2014-11-15
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

matthew.debonis Posted at 2014-11-15 23:56
I am having the same issue. But after I wrench down the quick plate screw it still sometimes doesn't ...

You should try to screw the quick release screw.
2014-11-16
Use props
fansa22e8b78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 457835 ft

I have a robin-m. The short plate that came with the unit works fine. The long plate required for the canon 5d mark iv will not hold unless I tighten the Allen screw to the point that I think it will break.  As I didn’t use this camera until after the 30day period was up. (Used a canon t-6i to learn on) Dji service told me tough lunch, buy another plate.  Here’s a hint Dji. I won’t. Your customer service sucks
2018-7-3
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

How does a plate cost?
2018-7-3
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

fansa22e8b78 Posted at 2018-7-3 04:26
I have a robin-m. The short plate that came with the unit works fine. The long plate required for the canon 5d mark iv will not hold unless I tighten the Allen screw to the point that I think it will break.  As I didn’t use this camera until after the 30day period was up. (Used a canon t-6i to learn on) Dji service told me tough lunch, buy another plate.  Here’s a hint Dji. I won’t. Your customer service sucks

Could you make a DIY one?
2018-7-3
Use props
Mkurr
lvl.4
United States

fansa22e8b78 Posted at 2018-7-3 04:26
I have a robin-m. The short plate that came with the unit works fine. The long plate required for the canon 5d mark iv will not hold unless I tighten the Allen screw to the point that I think it will break.  As I didn’t use this camera until after the 30day period was up. (Used a canon t-6i to learn on) Dji service told me tough lunch, buy another plate.  Here’s a hint Dji. I won’t. Your customer service sucks

Although the quality would be lower.
2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules