Can't Record FLIR XT Video
3005 12 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SAR Steve
lvl.1

United States

My 210 records stunnning video but only from the visual camera to the internal SD card. No matter what output source you pick (1 or 2) it never records the FLIR XT camera video.

Has anyone been able to record their XT video with two cameras on?

I was hoping to just use the GO app with the XT camera but it says you must use the Pilot app with the XT.
2017-9-30
Use props
William Yuandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474357 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

i can only record with one Camera, never be able to record with dual camera... hope we find the answer
2017-10-1
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Do you have the gimbal adapter for the XT camera? Please review on page 78. It is also true that you need the pilot app. Did you install that? Did you complete any firmware updates?
2017-10-2
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

I use an M210 with dual gimbal (XT and X4S).  

This has been a big issue for us and I believe I have solved it.  
- When under dual control (both cameras move up/down/left/right together synced) the only footage you will receive is from the X4S.  You will not get anything from the XT.
- When under single control (one camera moves while other is still, then select other camera on screen and then move that) you will get both cameras footage.

It does not matter which camera is selected on your screen.  

So, if you want to do the same shot with both cameras, you'll have to do the shot twice.  Unless you don't need camera movement, then in that case, I'd sync the cameras to the angle you want, then unsync them and don't touch them.  You'd get footage from both...just no control of them together.

Hope that helps.
2018-1-17
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

yes it is possible, but do not activate the syncronization of the two cameras for it to work!
2018-1-17
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

Hi all. I did some testing today. I used
1) X4S + Z30
2) Z30 + XT
3) XT +  X4S
First I synced the cameras and started recording. Changing cameras, I saw it was also recording. Stopping recording one camera, it stopped recording the other camera too. So yes, it is possible to record on both cameras and get the same feed on the two cameras.
After that, I did a next test. I did not sync the two cameras. I started recording on 1 camera. Then I switched the view to the other camera, it did nog record. Then I started recording on that 2nd camera. I switched back to the first camera and stopped recording. Then I switched back to the 2nd camera and had to stop recording there. So I had two different recordings.
I used DJI Pilot app and all my cameras, M210 and app have the latest firmware.

So SAR Steve, William Yuandi, Drone Jones and Olivier Vietti-, just try again. Normally now everything should be synced.
2018-1-24
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello, it does not work at home, the Crystalsky had a factory reset, it is up to date cameras too and there is the warning message also in red !!!

2018-1-30
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Dear Olivier,

Thank you for the reply.

We apologize the inconvenience caused. I have reported the feedback about the firmware version on our download page to our related department for review.

It is normal that when you control two gimbals at the same time, only the main gimbal has spotlight feature.

Any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best Regards

DJI Technical Support

2018-1-31
Use props
jonlorry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2390722 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Olivier Vietti-Teppa Posted at 2018-1-31 02:38
Dear Olivier,

Thank you for the reply.

I've got exactly the same problem. Won't take stills on XT if both gimbals are synced!
2018-2-7
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

It seems like I'm the only person without problems. Yes, I often get the same message of the spotlight feature, but this doesn't affect the simultanously recording of the two cameras.
2018-2-8
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2018-2-8 04:42
It seems like I'm the only person without problems. Yes, I often get the same message of the spotlight feature, but this doesn't affect the simultanously recording of the two cameras.

How lucky you are, at home it's sure it does not work and for info, the logbook is still not active with Pilot.
2018-2-8
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

Olivier Vietti-Teppa Posted at 2018-2-8 09:23
How lucky you are, at home it's sure it does not work and for info, the logbook is still not active with Pilot.

Finaly they fixed the problem with master-slave in pilot app. I will talk again with my contact at DJI and ask about flight records in pilot app.
2018-2-8
Use props
dxtrty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I have similar problems,  one has to open the cam view of the x4s cam or XTr to be able to take a picture.. it,s not practical and a waste of mAh's
When will the' Mission' option be ready to use... now i have to use an ipad with Pix4D instead of my Csky screen; and that only works for the X4S the XTr doesn't work...
Why not make the GSP working on the Csky in the meantime 'till the 'Mission' works.
Does the latest update change anything?
I had to take out my old i1 and put the XTr on it with  Pix4D and GSP ... i liked it , but my client didn't...
C'mon Dji  make it happen !  i've been  waiting 9 months...  

Meanwhile i ordered a Mavic2 to join my Mavic pro
Grtz,
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules