Saving Spark Settings
3463 10 2017-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobD
lvl.3
Germany

I'm a Spark Newbie and I need help with saving settings.  Every time I go to fly my settings are all back at factory default???  It appears that some settings are saved when Spark and RC are connected and some are saved with the RC disconnected from the Spark.  For instance I am not able to save the custom buttons to the RC.  Is the Spark connection needed to do this?   It would also be nice if the App had a "Save" or "Apply" button.Thanks in advance for your time.  PS:  I am using an iPad Mini2 with IOS 11 and no OTG.
2017-9-30
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is perfectly normal - everything saves automatically and will come back up when you turn the RC and the Spark back on. The only exception to this is if you are using an OTG adaptor rather than WiFi. A firmware update can also reset the app settings. That said, always double check your settings before taking off but they will auto save.
2017-9-30
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

I have the same problem with OTG cable on same equipment that "Fn" buttons do not remember settings.
When using wi-fi to connect to RC buttons work. But I do not like wi-fi connection.
2017-10-4
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I haven't had any issues with the saving of preferences within GO4 app.  I always check the settings to make sure but typically they are always the same.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You need to connect the RC and Spark when you need to change some settings about the RC or the drone on the app, that is for sure. For my experience, restart of the drone will not revert my settings back to default, but sometimes firmware upgrade and intelligent flight modes switching might change my settings.
2017-10-8
Use props
BeeAttack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79905 ft
Thailand

I got this problem also. The situation is there are the differences between connection mobile phone and RC with wifi and otg cable. What I have found are
1. Remote calibration screen is different when you connect with wifi and otg cable.
2. Custom function setting is not saved when using OTG cable but wifi connection does.
3. Set max altitude can't be saved when using OTG but wifi connection does.

I am not sure if these are by designed by DJI but I can't think about the reasons why !!
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

What version of the app do you have? Please make sure you have the latest version.
2017-10-9
Use props
Drone Operator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 465548 ft
United States

BeeAttack Posted at 2017-10-9 08:44
I got this problem also. The situation is there are the differences between connection mobile phone and RC with wifi and otg cable. What I have found are
1. Remote calibration screen is different when you connect with wifi and otg cable.
2. Custom function setting is not saved when using OTG cable but wifi connection does.

I would agree with your findings as I am experiencing the same thing. This makes no sense why the restrictions on the app.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO 4  Version 4.1.18 several times with no luck. The result is the same whether I am on my cell or tablet.
2017-11-24
Use props
dedreiix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Hi,

how should the otg-cable be responsible for not storing values?
Fromy my point of view this is a bug within the app nothing else.

Is there any official documentation telling not to use the otg-feature?
2017-11-25
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Do not use OTG cable with the current versions of SPARK and RC combinations....It will give you a bug and sometimes to your bad luck, the SPARK  may not return to HOME position...Be careful.
2017-11-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are using OTG cable this will be normal.
2017-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules