3957 7 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Croatia

Hi,

after I crashed my Spark at first I thought it works flawlessly afterwards. But today I tried to fly.
When hovering in place it can't really hold the position, it's drifting up down / left right for about 0.3m randomly. I can't take still shots and recordings anymore
I looked at the sensor states, everything seems to be fine... I recalibrated the compass, havn't the IMU yet.
Any ideas beside "send it in for repairs"?
2017-10-1
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate the IMU for sure and take off from a dead level surface in an area with little to no interference on a well lit day. If the problem persists then you may have to return it to DJI for diagnostics and potential repair.
2017-10-1
Use props
Legacy0ne
lvl.2

Australia

After crashing from 400+m, your only real option is to send it in. The kinetic energy from the crash has to go somewhere, if the outside is undamaged, the damage will be internal. Considering the circuitry inside is delicate, somethings got to be damaged
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

At what height is this happening? Sensors can cause AC to go up and down in bad light conditions or no textured surfaces, can you check from out of sensor range.
Doing Imu will not do any harm so it’s worth a try, because your having problem with Camera as well if Imu does not work then I would send it in to be repaired.
2017-10-1
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Croatia

Will calibrate and retry. Most probably there is internal damage as already stated.. I hoped that the internal diagnostics would give me some errors if there is any damage.
2017-10-1
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-1 02:07
At what height is this happening? Sensors can cause AC to go up and down in bad light conditions or no textured surfaces, can you check from out of sensor range.
Doing Imu will not do any harm so it’s worth a try, because your having problem with Camera as well if Imu does not work then I would send it in to be repaired.

That happened on 5m height. It was sunny outside, the ground was tarmac.
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Koppo Posted at 2017-10-1 03:41
That happened on 5m height. It was sunny outside, the ground was tarmac.

Yeah well I kind of taught your problems may be a bit more than that. Hopefully if you send in your spark it won’t cost to much, but at least you will know it’s been fixed properly.
Good luck.
2017-10-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please also calibrate the IMU, that is an important element for the drone to maintain it's altitude, and make sure that you fly the drone in a great environment, so it can either use GPS or VPS to hover. If the drone still drifts, I would really advise you to send it back for the safety of flight.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules