New DJI Mavic Pro makes weird noise! No flight yet!
1896 6 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimbolaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170325 ft
Germany

Hello Community, hello DJI Admins!

I have just unboxed the Mavic and realized a weird sound after turning it on.

Could you please have a look at this video with sound on?

1) Does any of your Mavic's also have that noise?
2) Could that be a defect and if yes, what kind of defect could that be?

3) What do you think, would this be a reason for a replacement drone via warranty?

I updated it to the newest firmware and after re-starting the sound was still there.
I have not yet done any flight and would first like to know more about that weird sound.

Regards, Jan

2017-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ultrasonic sensors pulsing..    totally normal however you shouldn't hear them that much with your own ears unless you have really good hearing.  
2017-10-1
Use props
jimbolaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170325 ft
Germany

This is my third (!) Mavic that I'm unboxing. I don't have really good hearing. But none of my previous two Mavics had that sound that's why I was so worried this time.

Do you guys hear that sound directly after you power on your Mavic in a room with NO other  sounds around? I unboxed and powered it on in the living room.
2017-10-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Should be hearing that ultrasonic ping sound everytime you power the aircraft up.
2017-10-1
Use props
Marc_v_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1080728 ft
Netherlands

It is correct that you can hear it. I hear it too. When recording it it becomes even more noticeable. Just the ultrasonic sound. Have a look at this thread;
https://forum.dji.com/thread-113148-1-1.html
2017-10-1
Use props
PedramN
lvl.4
Iran

Hi to all. I am confused a little about NEW out of box mavic. Is there any way to determine my brand NEW Mavic pro out of box, is really NEW from production line (Virgin maid?) or is a Repaired thing and Re-Boxed by DJI via DJI care refresh service after had sent in by it's previous Owner? In other words, Mavics that crash or fail for any reason and substituted by DJI care refresh,are re-sold as NEW product with different S/N (albeit after repair and test by DJI)  or sell as ReFurbished product? Regards.
2017-10-6
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Holy crap.....seriously op? Do a little research and spend time reading tye manual it will come in handy!
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules