Just curious about DJI's development
631 5 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I LOVE my P4P.. I have had very good luck with it, and do not intend on buying another quad for a while. I am curious though, it's more expensive - as is the Inspire.. It seems though that the intellegent flight functions that the mavic and the spark have are not going to be ported over. From what I can gather, the more expensive AC have fewer intellegent functions. I am quite capable of flying on my own, but it is fun to play with the automated features as well. My question is simple, why don't they port some of these automated flight modes over to the Phantom and Inspire series? I am sure the computers on board are more than capable.
2017-10-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hence, more different models.  I guess DJI feels like more choices equals more sales.
2017-10-1
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

The Inspire needs to have features that appeal to professionals.  Whereas the Spark needs to have play-toy modes that entertain 8-year-old girls.  I'm not at all surprised that the modes are different.

Just what does it say about your company's aircraft model when it includes a bunch of features primarily designed for taking selfies or making it easy to use for the coordination-challenged?  It's all in the optics, and I don't mean the camera.
2017-10-1
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-1 15:07
Hence, more different models.  I guess DJI feels like more choices equals more sales.

Yes and I imagine they have a pretty good profit margin for the little ones compared to the larger ones.
2017-10-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-1 15:28
The Inspire needs to have features that appeal to professionals.  Whereas the Spark needs to have play-toy modes that entertain 8-year-old girls.  I'm not at all surprised that the modes are different.

Just what does it say about your company's aircraft model when it includes a bunch of features primarily designed for taking selfies or making it easy to use for the coordination-challenged?  It's all in the optics, and I don't mean the camera.

Spot on. The P4 is for semi-pros and the Inspire is for Pros, hence they have features to suit those people.
2017-10-1
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I actually wish they would move some of their resources to the P4 series so that some of the bugs can be fixed. There are so many flying on a beta version to fix a gimbal issue and this has been going on for some time now.
2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules