So my spark just fell from the sky after 240 flights during a Panorama so sad :(
1862 17 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5d5d2975
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151499 ft
Canada

Can someone tell me how to upload flight logs so you guys can analyze I have dji care
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can upload to link below just click on link and follow instructions.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-10-1
Use props
fans5d5d2975
lvl.1
Canada

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/GOXPCH6BB0RFB7Q2WXET/
2017-10-1
Use props
fans5d5d2975
lvl.1
Canada

Just super confused as to what happened I am on current firmware and it still falls from the sky super confusing
2017-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about the accident, in the mean time, please contact our support to start a case and send in the drone for data analysis and repair, our team will help to find out the reason as well.
2017-10-1
Use props
fans5d5d2975
lvl.1
Canada

Ok thanks for the reply I have opened a ticket but it says under send in drone that Canada is not available at this time and I really hope you guys figure out what happened my battery is gone and I now feel super insecure about flying a spark just glad the drone is in one piece besides scuffs I don’t trust to fly it again without sending it in.
2017-10-1
Use props
Rawsome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Canada has support - they are not making it easy on the DJI website.
If I remember correctly you gotta go on support and than other.
If a mod can clarify this please?
2017-10-1
Use props
NoDiceWolf
New
United States

Wow tough luck! Thats terrible, hopefully they can figure out what went wrong!
2017-10-1
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1198346 ft
Romania

If your spark is still able to connect to pc , please upload the dat file
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looking at your log it shows very little, your spark seems to have just powered off, it wasn’t anything you done, this looks like a warranty to me.
2017-10-2
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope they get everything settled quickly!
2017-10-2
Use props
fans5d5d2975
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you for looking over the log I will get the dat file off my pc how do I upload here? Also yea I was super shocked when my screen just went black and I seen my drone on the concrete and the battery obliterated I love the dji spark though if they figure this issue out it will be best drone for capturing the moment you want whenever.
2017-10-2
Use props
fans5d5d2975
lvl.1
Canada

But now for the drone withdraws
2017-10-2
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What was the environment like during your flight?  I'm talking about winds and gusts, as well as clouds and/or fog.

I don't think cloud cover had anything to do with anything, but it's "data" that's worth including even if it's not related.  The winds and gusts though I do have some interest in.

I've watched how my craft behaves while performing a "pano", and it is not particularly smooth as it adjusts the lens position.  It's still remarkably stable, but it's movements are quite abrupt.

Here's one hypothetical explanation, made up from whole cloth, with no factual basis or evidence to support it.  Suppose that the winds were severe enough or gusty enough to have caused a disruption in your craft during your pano, and that during it's maneuvers, it's horizontal orientation was disrupted enough to have tilted 90 degrees.  That would initiate an immediate power down.

Obviously the craft should not do this, and it should be coded/programmed to prevent this.  But bugs can exist, the craft is complex, and at the moment we have no explanation for a spontaneous "power down".  The only thing that I know of that causes complete power down (other than the power button) is a 90 degree tilt.

As stated earlier, I've no evidence for this, I've completely imagined a series of unlikely circumstances to try and craft some explanation.
2017-10-2
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-10-2 09:27
What was the environment like during your flight?  I'm talking about winds and gusts, as well as clouds and/or fog.

I don't think cloud cover had anything to do with anything, but it's "data" that's worth including even if it's not related.  The winds and gusts though I do have some interest in.

I just posted a photo of a spark pano taken in fairly high winds. Probably higher winds than I should have flown in. I watched the drone as it went through taking the shots for the pano and, at one point, I saw the wind physically move it!  That pano had a strange look to it and wasn't usable. However, others (like the one posted was fine. It's the report of the OP which keeps me from flying over water.
2017-10-2
Use props
fans5d5d2975
lvl.1
Canada

It was a very clear day next to no wind I have had no issues with my spark until today but after this my confidence in this craft even after it comes back from dji is probably gonna be shot.
2017-10-2
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5d5d2975 Posted at 2017-10-2 10:08
It was a very clear day next to no wind I have had no issues with my spark until today but after this my confidence in this craft even after it comes back from dji is probably gonna be shot.

Hopefully it can earn your confidence back.  I'm not suggesting that my idea is the definite cause, and so far there have been more happy customers and successful flights than not.
2017-10-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sorry to hear about your crash.  Hope someone here can help with analyzing your flight data
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules