13311 6 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've searched the site for this issue and didn't find a thread.  I was getting some wobble and movement when hovering after launching.  Typicaly I have at least 12 or more GPS satellites and compass is happy  I've gotten into the habit of doing some up down, turn left turn right and hover in place before I head off into the Wild Blue...yesterday I did that and noticed that Spark was moving around a lot more than normal, I moved up and out away from my deck over gravel and it lessened but still a lot of movement at hover.  Other threads talked about getting an IMU or compass warning and then doing calibration, when I try to do Compass calibration  that works fine.  I've tried doing IMU calibration following the directioins from mulitple devices and it never gets past step 2 of 6.  Note the steps and interface don't really say waht each of these steps is, we just get another little green light and the icon of the drone changes.   Never get's past step 2 of 6.  Another thread about a Mavic or Phantom said the guy turned the drone upside down and that got him past the step, but when he turned his drone right side up it would fail again.

The status shows the Compass and IMU are okay, but thought I would calibrate just to be sure.   Now I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this and there is a work around?  This shouldn't take too long should it.  I actually let is sit there at stage 2 of 6 until the battery was almost depleted.  Even reset the Spark so I could connect directly to wifi to the spark from my LG G4 and tried with my Samsung Tablet, same result with RC and 2 different android devices.  This option isn't available when plugged in to DJJ Assistant 2 either.

Any thoughts team?
2017-10-1
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

Try to do a imu calibration in a level surface such a table or your house floor(not wood) better concrete , wood tend to bend a little with time
try this instruction  

do compass calibration in open space outside give it a try and let us know
2017-10-1
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got it... That was what we call an ID 10 T problem in IT. I was not moving spark into the various positions.  Took the words too seriously which said don't move the AC unless we tell you too.  The picture of spark was the message... I was waiting. For a text box to tell me what to do....
2017-10-1
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I found that too, order doesn't seem important. Also this time gyro reading went into green having been in yellow since I bought spark.
2017-10-1
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-1 21:01
Got it... That was what we call an ID 10 T problem in IT. I was not moving spark into the various positions.  Took the words too seriously which said don't move the AC unless we tell you too.  The picture of spark was the message... I was waiting. For a text box to tell me what to do....

Glad you fixed it pal, now enjoy flying and get some cool pictures!
2017-10-2
Use props
Tyredecals.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-1 21:01

Lol - 'ID10T' issue.

Make sure you keep the spark in cool environment prior to doing and IMU calibration. This will minimise the IMU warmup times.

As America starts to enter the colder climates, the sparks (DJI Quads) will take longer to warmup the IMU's. Redo your IMU calibrations to match your climate settings.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So you have this problem solved, right? Glad to hear that, and actually we also have a tutorial for the IMU calibration for pilots' reference.
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules