Horizon level shortcut?
1252 6 2017-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Primo_NYC
lvl.3
United States

Hi,
I'm wondering why I can't level the horizon by holding the c1 or c2 button and use the finger dial similar to the way i can on my i1?
It makes it much easier than touching the screen of my ipad. I fly with a Hi-Aerial hood and it's not easy to touch the screen on the fly.
Any shortcut for this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
2017-10-1
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

You can set it to whatever you like on the 5-direction button.  I believe it's forward by default?  I don't have it memorized because the DJI Goggles interfere with all the buttons so I never get to use it.  I really miss it though.

By the way, how do you level the gimbal with the ipad screen?
2017-10-1
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-1 20:16
You can set it to whatever you like on the 5-direction button.  I believe it's forward by default?  I don't have it memorized because the DJI Goggles interfere with all the buttons so I never get to use it.  I really miss it though.

By the way, how do you level the gimbal with the ipad screen?

Put your finger on the screen... after a short time, the gimbal display changes and you drag your finger up or down to change the angle. This is the DJI Go all's default action.
2017-10-1
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-10-1 22:05
Put your finger on the screen... after a short time, the gimbal display changes and you drag your finger up or down to change the angle. This is the DJI Go all's default action.

Hrmmm I vaguely remember getting into that mode.  But if all you're doing in that mode is manually adjusting the angle slightly up or down a little at a time, how is that any different from using the dial?  He's asking about how to "level it", which I take to mean a quick way to get it to exactly 0 degrees.  

I mean if you've already got your hands on the controller why would you drag around on the screen.  Sounds like there's a shortcut to 0 degrees somewhere on the app.  That or I'm now totally confused as to why he would even mention it if it's even _more_ cumbersome than using the dial and manually eyeballing 0deg on the meter.
2017-10-1
Use props
Primo_NYC
lvl.3
United States

Sorry, I meant to level the horizon, not the tilt of the gimbal.On my i1, I can hold the right c button, after about a full second, the horizon level indicator comes on screen and the right finger wheel adjusts the horizon.
On the MP, I have to go into the app, find the horizon level in the tools and touch the screen to adjust.
I know i can level the horizon in post, but prefer to shoot level, even though it loses the horizon after a couple of fast moves, same as the i1, it makes correcting between shots quicker to use the buttons of the tx.
Thanks for the help.
2017-10-2
Use props
EthanCaswell
New
Flight distance : 13704 ft
United States

I have this issue as well, but it seems to return to normal after a few minute for me. Knowing how to level it back quicker would save those few minutes of flight time though!
2017-10-10
Use props
Primo_NYC
lvl.3
United States

EthanCaswell Posted at 2017-10-10 09:12
I have this issue as well, but it seems to return to normal after a few minute for me. Knowing how to level it back quicker would save those few minutes of flight time though!

Turns out to be the same buttons as before, we just don't get any indication on the app.
Hold the right C button and use right scroll wheel together and you can level the horizon.
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules