Tilted landscapes to be expected or abnormal behavior?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
northpaul 3
lvl.1
United States

Hi folks, I have been flying my Phantom 3 SE for about a week now and love it. I’ve gotten some images that I am really happy with. However the landscape is tilted about 5 degrees or so. If I rotate 360 degrees, sometimes that landscape will level but the majority of the views have the tilted landscape.

Is this just something to do with the perspective in the sky or is something wrong? I have tried recalibrating the gimbal in the djigo settings on the floor in my house but the problem persists. Is there something else I could try? Since I am doing stills I can fix this easily in post but when I start doing video this will be a problem.

Thanks for any info!
2017-10-1
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

I had this initially with my P4P in the first week.

Check your camera roll settings.

Then try a IMU calibration, followed by a gimbal calibration.

That worked for me, with help from DJI tech support.
2017-10-1
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Yes a slight tilt is normal and can be corrected by adjusting gimbal rotation/roll plus doing a gimbal calibration also helps heres a little tip if you find that image is still tilted after doing calibration on flat surface try tilting the drone slightly to one side then do the calibraton again i found that tilting oposite to image tilt fixed my image tilt perfectly.  Hope that helps
2017-10-1
Use props
northpaul 3
lvl.1
United States

Thank you both! I will try all of that when I take her out tomorrow and report back with the results.
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules