Constant "Strong Wireless Interference" messages and dropouts
8467 75 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eurokyngas
lvl.2
Estonia

geoffz Posted at 2017-11-5 22:12
Probably unrelated however, I was getting aircraft disconnected and screen/device freezes with my 5.5 CS.

I went in and did a complete diagnostic update...calibrated everything, vision sensors, imu, etc.

I will give a try for that. But seems that DJI has given out stuff thats full of bugs.
2017-11-7
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eurokyngas Posted at 2017-11-7 08:23
I will give a try for that. But seems that DJI has given out stuff thats full of bugs.

Yeah, let me know if that helps.
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HDPS Posted at 2017-11-2 22:54
Hello DJI Susan,

Any updates?  I just posted above and back to CS...it just crashed out of the blue...I was not even flying, had to reboot it from scratch.  I will not fly with CS, it is UNSAFE at this point

Our engineers are still analyzing the exact status. I would recommend you to fly in the open outdoor without interference to check the performance first.
2017-11-7
Use props
fans0726144e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31385 ft
United States

Visiondude

I have a Crystalsky 7.85 Ultra and two P4P’s, and I’m having the same frustrating issues everyone else seem to be having. When it works, it’s incredible, but too unreliable for real work. I am keeping it in the hope that your team can solve the problem soon.
2017-11-8
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

Just curious--has anyone tried the Pilot App and does it also show the same strong wireless interference issue?
2017-11-8
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Orind Posted at 2017-11-8 19:06
Just curious--has anyone tried the Pilot App and does it also show the same strong wireless interference issue?

I have seeing a  video about the Pilot, it is a very simple washed out app and most of features are not even there.

Wonder when DJI will have the fix for the erratic jerking compass and the radio interference, this is getting old......
2017-11-8
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

Well, I tried the Pilot App--just a simple on the kitchen table test (no flying), and not a single warning of strong wireless interference--of course I do not know if the app throws warnings.  It will be Friday before I can get out and fly--will see how it does and report back.  Keep in mind,I got frequent warnings when testing with DJI Go 4 on the kitchen table, so this is an improvement.  
2017-11-8
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Orind Posted at 2017-11-8 20:13
Well, I tried the Pilot App--just a simple on the kitchen table test (no flying), and not a single warning of strong wireless interference--of course I do not know if the app throws warnings.  It will be Friday before I can get out and fly--will see how it does and report back.  Keep in mind,I got frequent warnings when testing with DJI Go 4 on the kitchen table, so this is an improvement.

Hopefully....but I am towards to think  that the Pilot lacks the warnings because it is neutered of many features.
2017-11-9
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

Well, the latest firmware and app updates seem to have addressed the issues--at least I am not getting the warning on the kitchen table anymore with Go 4--will fly tomorrow and test.
2017-11-9
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Orind Posted at 2017-11-9 20:55
Well, the latest firmware and app updates seem to have addressed the issues--at least I am not getting the warning on the kitchen table anymore with Go 4--will fly tomorrow and test.

Just finished install, first thing I get....Fly with caution, strong intereference  warning every 4 seconds or so, on 2.4G in Auto...it chooses  channel 15 for whatever reason.   I changed to Custom and choosed channel 13, 14, 18 and 19 that had green bars and still getting the Warning.....so, my CS still have the same problem

On 5.8G....still the same, I have no warnings.....but NO BARS show whatsoever in all channels, I am affraid to use 5.8G because I have no idea if it is working at all...no bars.

Tried to calibrate the compass.......about TEN TIMES, and does not initiate anymore, keep on rotating it in the horizontal plane and NOTHING, will not change to the second step anymore.

I guess the Update still not addressed fix for the old issues
2017-11-9
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not an electronics engineer, but logic tells me this most likely a hardware problem. If there is true interference, I don't see how any software update would solve a design and/or materials flaw.
2017-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HDPS Posted at 2017-11-9 21:54
Just finished install, first thing I get....Fly with caution, strong intereference  warning every 4 seconds or so, on 2.4G in Auto...it chooses  channel 15 for whatever reason.   I changed to Custom and choosed channel 13, 14, 18 and 19 that had green bars and still getting the Warning.....so, my CS still have the same problem

On 5.8G....still the same, I have no warnings.....but NO BARS show whatsoever in all channels, I am affraid to use 5.8G because I have no idea if it is working at all...no bars.

Same here after update WARNING STRONG INTERFERENCE. looks like no fix for this yet I’m not having trouble flying but not sure about flying it to far.

Don’t have the same problem using with Mavic or Spark so it looks like there is a problem with P4Pro remote or connection to Crystalsky.
2017-11-10
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

Went out and flew today.  When the system starts up it selects 2.4GHz and I get the Strong Wireless Interference notice--switching over to 5.8GHz and it goes away--flew numerous times without issue.  So--is there a way to get DJI Go 4 to default to 5.8GHz initially so I do not have to select it each time I start up the system?
2017-11-10
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Orind Posted at 2017-11-10 13:49
Went out and flew today.  When the system starts up it selects 2.4GHz and I get the Strong Wireless Interference notice--switching over to 5.8GHz and it goes away--flew numerous times without issue.  So--is there a way to get DJI Go 4 to default to 5.8GHz initially so I do not have to select it each time I start up the system?

I have experienced the same but I do get the warning once in awhile on 5.8G....what scares me is that shows no bars on 5.8G channels...nothing (working at all?)  After the new firmware install I also experiencing black outs on my screen.

The compass jerking still the same....jerking and some times pointing to wrong direction. After multiple attempts, I was able to calibrate the compass.... Re calibration did nothing
2017-11-11
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

Another test flight today--5.8GHz, one instance of strong wireless interference.  Calibrated compass on crystalsky--started out lined up properly (wedge on  map) but did not stay in alignment--gets about 30 degrees off rotated to the right.  Going to try the iPad again after the batteries charge and decide what I want to do (in terms of keeping the crystalsky or not).
2017-11-11
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Orind Posted at 2017-11-11 16:58
Another test flight today--5.8GHz, one instance of strong wireless interference.  Calibrated compass on crystalsky--started out lined up properly (wedge on  map) but did not stay in alignment--gets about 30 degrees off rotated to the right.  Going to try the iPad again after the batteries charge and decide what I want to do (in terms of keeping the crystalsky or not).

I already started the return process, I had faith on the firmaware update but it failed on both, Warnings and compass. My iPad Mini4 works flawless. Perhaps months down in the road when they fix all the problems (if) I will buy again.
2017-11-14
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
United States

Well, I took another flight today with the Crystalsky, and all was excellent--5.8GHz--2.4 still throws warnings.  The iPad Pro 10.5 inch I have also works just fine, but I do like having the dedicated crystalsky monitor.  16 degrees F when I flew today and the touch screen still worked--I use a thin Arc'Tyrex glove with touch pads--So I am going to keep it.
2017-11-14
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Orind Posted at 2017-11-14 17:00
Well, I took another flight today with the Crystalsky, and all was excellent--5.8GHz--2.4 still throws warnings.  The iPad Pro 10.5 inch I have also works just fine, but I do like having the dedicated crystalsky monitor.  16 degrees F when I flew today and the touch screen still worked--I use a thin Arc'Tyrex glove with touch pads--So I am going to keep it.

Mine usually would start with the compass poiting to the correct North, after 3~4 minutes...it gets warmer...the compass goes bezerk, jerking and way off the true North.  I truly don't think that any firmware uodate will cure it, this is a hardware  problem or design  flaw.  Also, in the 5.8G I would get less warnings, but all the  channel bars are turned off...wonder if they even actually are working. I wonder what would happen flying at a real good distance.
2017-11-15
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Installed and updated new received Crystalsky today(17Nov) and everything went well with Spark, but connecting the CS via DJi mount bracket on Phantom4 RC gave immediate "strong interference" warning, repeating every 4/5 seconds...compass and IMU were ok at that moment.
At the same backyard place...?? This must be solved DJi, this is not a safe TAKE-OFF check as you are standing for!!
I will also do some more tests, as i'm reading here more issues..., before sending it back.
2017-11-17
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Phantom 4, disabled Dji mount bracket and connected CS via Dji usb C cable, no metals, electronics or phones around! Strong interference message popping every 5/10 sec, also at 10 m hight .
Spark, same location and circumstances, AC and CS are working great like it should!
2017-11-19
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JMR58 Posted at 2017-11-19 13:35
Phantom 4, disabled Dji mount bracket and connected CS via Dji usb C cable, no metals, electronics or phones around! Strong interference message popping every 5/10 sec, also at 10 m hight .
Spark, same location and circumstances, AC and CS are working great like it should!

Welcome to the "Fly with Caution, Strong Radio Interference" Warnings every 4~5 seconds!!  

I have lost about 6 hours sniffing all boards about it, and no one come up with a cure or good explanation for this problem...neither DJI techs so far.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on making more tests to locate the root problem, I will keep you updated once I hear from them.
Appreciate your patience.
2017-11-20
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-20 06:30
Hi guys, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on making more tests to locate the root problem, I will keep you updated once I here from them.
Appreciate your patience.

Thanks Mindy for letting us know you guys don't forget us..
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JMR58 Posted at 2017-11-20 13:42
Thanks Mindy for letting us know you guys don't forget us..

We will never forget our valuable customers. We just need more time to test and find out the reason and then get it fixed. Thanks for your support to DJI.
2017-11-20
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-20 23:16
We will never forget our valuable customers. We just need more time to test and find out the reason and then get it fixed. Thanks for your support to DJI.

Hi Mindy, any update on this issue, I'm having the same strong interference messages with my CS ultra 7.85 and the P4P in 2.4ghz, even with the controller and CS next to the AC , these messages are popping up.

and to compound things the 5.8ghz mode has no indications in the DJI Go4 app that it is working.
2017-11-27
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

As of today, I have used the CS with all my drones-2 P4Ps, Mavic, Inspire 1. As others have mentioned, the issue seems to be specific to the P4P. No warnings at all with the other AC. Once the root of the issue is nailed down, it would be proper if all P4P owners with a Crystal Sky monitor received at the very least a credit for a new RC.
2017-11-28
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

HDPS Posted at 2017-11-9 21:54

HDPS -

The reason you are having interference problems is that you have a basic (and, unfortunately, common) misunderstanding about the HD signal bar chart  that has been part of the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 app for years.  First, and MOST importantly, this chart is displaying signal INTERFERENCE activity on each available channel.  The intermittent signal bars displayed for each channel indicate that these channels are currently IN USE by some other electronic device.  Thus, you want to choose the channel with NO green signal bars (or bars of any kind) and, even better, a channel with no interference signal bars on immediately adjacent channels.  

Second, the reason the 5.8 GHz signal bar chart is relatively clean of signal bars for most people in most locations, is that, in my experience, it is subject to much less interference signals.  2.4 GHz is and has been commonly used by wireless phones (in homes), baby monitors, video security cameras, wireless speakers, RC devices of all kinds for many years now, so the 2.4 GHz channels (in urban areas) are typically full of channels with interference signals.  You do NOT want to choose an HD channel showing strong signal activity.  Instead, choose a signal channel with ZERO or very little signal bars.

Please note - I do not own a CrystalSky monitor (yet), but have one on order.  However, I have owned and have been flying a small private fleet of P3Pro, P4 and P4Pro DJI drones for over three years. My STRONG recommendation is to use 5.8 GHz for HD video transmission.  There was (and still is) bogus, false, incorrect advice/commentary on the DJI forums indicating that 5.8 GHz is not as strong or reliable an HD signal mode as 2.4 GHz.  That is INCORRECT - 5.8 GHz HD signal mode in my extensive experience with MANY, MANY long-distance flights of 3 to 5 miles distance from the RC, is that 5.8 GHz is the PREFERRED interference-free HD signal transmission mode. I use it in urban areas (where 2.4 GHz is extremely prone to interference from the sources cited earlier) and I use it in rural areas because it is still the preferred, most reliable signal transmission mode both at near and long-distance ranges.  The only place where I have had interference issues with 5.8 GHz mode is when flying VERY close to the top of cell phone towers (on purpose) for inspections.  

For those rare situations where I choose to fly in 2.4 GHz mode, I ALWAYS choose CUSTOM, select a channel with zero signal interference bars, and reduce transmission quality to the lowest Mbps level to ensure the most consistent, reliable video transmission.  In 5.8 GHz mode I typically fly in AUTO mode letting the DJI GO 4 app choose the best signal from the MANY interference-free channels available.

Hope that helps.
2017-11-29
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

I did anyway some more test with Phantom 4 and Crystalsky, but now completely in the open!
There was NOT ONE interference warning, also compass and video streaming were perfect until 500m which is my turning point.
Channel choose was on auto.
Back home in the yard, the" strong interference" problem was back, i tried to find a silent channel via the CUSTOM button described as above but after a while every channel gets contaminated...
2017-12-5
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-11-29 07:01
HDPS -

The reason you are having interference problems is that you have a basic (and, unfortunately, common) misunderstanding about the HD signal bar chart  that has been part of the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 app for years.  First, and MOST importantly, this chart is displaying signal INTERFERENCE activity on each available channel.  The intermittent signal bars displayed for each channel indicate that these channels are currently IN USE by some other electronic device.  Thus, you want to choose the channel with NO green signal bars (or bars of any kind) and, even better, a channel with no interference signal bars on immediately adjacent channels.  

Sorry, but there is no misunderstanding here, Just explain why I don't have ANY ISSUE with my iPad4Mini? It works flawless everytime.

Is not only the Radio Interference annoying  warning every 4 seconds, the compass is also broke in the CS and the calibration process is a joke and worthless.

Anyway, I returned and got my refund......one day when all the issues are resolved by DJI techs I may buy again.

I cannot complain about DJI Customer Service, they took care of my problem, I just wish the Technical Support take care of the CS issues before continue sell them out
2017-12-12
Use props
fansa1fc5fee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21067005 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a inspire 1v2 pro and just recently have been getting this same message. I am running with a iPad Pro. Nothing seems to be affected but the message pops up constantly during a flight. This only began about a month or so. I fly the mavic in the same exact location with no message pop up.  I wonder if it’s a app update that causes this cause once again I have never had this issue to now and my inspire has 6hr on it if that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-12-20
Use props
conte71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 560650 ft
Switzerland

fansa1fc5fee Posted at 2017-12-20 02:49
I have a inspire 1v2 pro and just recently have been getting this same message. I am running with a iPad Pro. Nothing seems to be affected but the message pops up constantly during a flight. This only began about a month or so. I fly the mavic in the same exact location with no message pop up.  I wonder if it’s a app update that causes this cause once again I have never had this issue to now and my inspire has 6hr on it if that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same here, Inspire 1 Pro and have every 4 second that message. Sometimes I also have to switch off and on the RC a few times to be able to control the Camera (Zenmuse X5).
I've tried using the second RC controller we have but it still the same issue.
We work everyday with the drone since 2 years and we are really disappointed how long it takes to fix issues by DJI.
2017-12-21
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No update on this issue yet? I've held onto the CS, because there's a lot I want to love about it, but I'm going to have to return it (gotta love Amazon).  The interference messages were bad enough, but as a CS user, it seems that I'm the last to get the technology updates for my drone. No Pano Mode??? I paid for this device not only for the brightness factor, but because I thought it would at least ensure compatibility for quite some time as an official DJI product to use with my drones. So - if I can't fly without the messages, and the newest features are available first on my IPad 4m, what's the use? Brightness, smightness - I'll continue using my $10 hood when needed.
2017-12-27
Use props
Claw_Gaming
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330659 ft
  • >>>
United States

Id also be getting the same issue with my Phantom 4 advanced with the 5.5 in CrystalSky. Sometimes id get about 400-500 ft. and the remote would say remote interference and then lose connection but when i switched to my personal device (Android Google Pixel XL) id be able to get more range out of it. But then again it also depends my location. Most of my shots have been real estate photography so the urban setting could also be causing interference. But i do notice a difference in distance either way.
2018-4-23
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

i am having same exact issue on a Phantom 4 Pro+

No problem on mavic pro with iOS.

When i switch to 5.8Ghz my range (horizontal distance) is VERY low)

our 5.5" crystal sky is only for the osmo+, so that has been working totally fine.
2018-4-23
Use props
fans6d23cce0
lvl.1
United States

Orind Posted at 2017-10-28 20:39
I received my  crystalsky 7.85 high brightness monitor 2 days ago--using an Inspire 2--and I too get numerous strong wireless interference warnings.  Did a factory reset, calibrated, even tried connecting with a longer cable and moving the monitor away from the controller--no change.  Put my iPhone 7+ back on and all works perfectly

Well here we are three years later and I’m having the same issues you reported back in 2017.  7.85 high brightness monitor purchased in April, 2020.  Is DJI addressing this problem?  My theory is that the CS monitor or the CS battery is causing interference with the RC. DJI? Update?
2020-10-21
Use props
fans6d23cce0
lvl.1
United States

Orind Posted at 2017-10-28 20:39
I received my  crystalsky 7.85 high brightness monitor 2 days ago--using an Inspire 2--and I too get numerous strong wireless interference warnings.  Did a factory reset, calibrated, even tried connecting with a longer cable and moving the monitor away from the controller--no change.  Put my iPhone 7+ back on and all works perfectly

Well here we are three years later and I’m having the same issues you reported back in 2017.  7.85 high brightness monitor purchased in April, 2020.  Is DJI addressing this problem?  My theory is that the CS monitor or the CS battery is causing interference with the RC. DJI? Update?
2020-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules