What Spark Accessories Do You Have?
4098 35 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I've recently been looking at the different accessories available for the Spark and wanted to know which accessories people recommend.

I bought the Fly More combo so have the RC etc. and have been looking at ND/PL filters but wanted real opinions on whether it's worth it?

I read this post which is great but are there any others? https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... -spark-accessories/

Thanks,

Mike.
2017-10-2
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Gimbal protector (when stored or traveling), landing "legs", RC protection (for the sticks), wifi booster (doubtful efficiency) and gimbal sunshade protector
2017-10-2
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the Spark I have the flymore combo with a 3rd battery, vivid collection ND/polarised filters by Polar Pro, Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gb A1 micro SD card with adaptor, short right angled lightning cable with OTG, DJI monitor sunhood, FPV UK membership with £5M of public liability (for all of my drones) and for storage/transport I have the prop blade stabiliser, RC stick protection bracket and gimbal lock for the drone camera + micro fibre cleaning cloths. Considering landing gear extensions but I doubt I'll buy given palm launch and land is good enough anyway.
2017-10-2
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

ACW Posted at 2017-10-2 03:58
For the Spark I have the flymore combo with a 3rd battery, vivid collection ND/polarised filters by Polar Pro, Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gb A1 micro SD card with adaptor, short right angled lightning cable with OTG, DJI monitor sunhood, FPV UK membership with £5M of public liability (for all of my drones) and for storage/transport I have the prop blade stabiliser, RC stick protection bracket and gimbal lock for the drone camera + micro fibre cleaning cloths. Considering landing gear extensions but I doubt I'll buy given palm launch and land is good enough anyway.

Thanks for the response.

What do you think about the ND filters? Are they worth it or can you just add the effects in post?
2017-10-2
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Nemroig Posted at 2017-10-2 03:23
Gimbal protector (when stored or traveling), landing "legs", RC protection (for the sticks), wifi booster (doubtful efficiency) and gimbal sunshade protector

Thanks for the response.

is the landing gear useful? I hand launch a lot but thinking that or a landing pad might be good.
2017-10-2
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-10-2 06:00
Thanks for the response.

is the landing gear useful? I hand launch a lot but thinking that or a landing pad might be good.

I find it very useful for taking off in places where the ground is irregular, with stones or whatever.

Now I'm getting confident with hand landing too, but I don't like hand taking off.
2017-10-2
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

To be honest - more batteries is probably the only thing I actually need.

Beyond the controller of course, which I got with the combo.

I'd like some filters, but I do find you can get decent results in Photoshop anyway...
2017-10-2
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The best one i use at the moment is the landing pad as it makes it clear on the ground where to land
2017-10-2
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

I have the landing gear (usually palm land, don't really use it), a nice case, extra props, rc controller, 4 batteries, polarpro filters, prop guards (haven't even used), the Mavic range extenders for my rc, the 3 charging base, and a gimbal cover for when I am not using my drone.
2017-10-2
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-10-2 05:58
Thanks for the response.

What do you think about the ND filters? Are they worth it or can you just add the effects in post?

Any form of overexposure is difficult to repair in post as is adding motion blur to a very sharp image caused by a ridiculously fast shutter speed. That said, the images are generally very good without an ND but you will notice a clear difference using these filters, especially over reflective surfaces and on very bright days. I'd say more of a luxurious accessory than essential for the Spark - unless you want the best possible image and the greatest versatility to your video settings then they are a must have in the bag.
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will get my filters as soon as I get Spark
2017-10-2
Use props
Paraflux
lvl.2
United States

Here's a good video that shows a ton of them:
2017-10-2
Use props
Tyredecals.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sun shade and a case that is the size of my palm.
2017-10-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal protector and OTG cable.
2017-10-2
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I bought the fly more combo, so everything there is in there. Plus I have the landing pad - a must have in my view when you have to land in sandy places. On the way are a gimbal protector, landing gear (which I doubt would be necessary now that i have the pad), a shoulder bag to fit both Spark and accessories, and a 3rd battery.
2017-10-2
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Custom made GPC case. Holds Spark, 4 batteries, Spare props and remote with Mavmount installed. No gimbal protector needed in GPC case.
P1040884.JPG
P1040883.JPG
2017-10-2
Use props
Hankmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19465 ft
United States

I have fly more package plus one more battery, landing gear, sunshade, otg cables, tablet holder, 2 12v car to USB spark battery charger, a USB to spark battery charger
2017-10-6
Use props
Sassafras4me
lvl.2
United States

Five batteries, an external battery charger, a landing pad (def do not regret buying that, surprised me how useful it is), and a hard case.
2017-10-7
Use props
Scobo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

A few things I've made for the Spark with our 3D printer.  Here's the STL files if anyone wants them.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2075708
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2455552
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2472088

2017-10-7
Use props
Nui_Thailand
New
Flight distance : 43668 ft

Thailand

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-10-2 17:31
Custom made GPC case. Holds Spark, 4 batteries, Spare props and remote with Mavmount installed. No gimbal protector needed in GPC case.

It looks very good.
I want to know where you bought it. Can you tell me?
2017-10-7
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Contact GPC direct at info@gpcinc.com
They are great to work with and reasonably priced considering the quality they deliver.
2017-10-8
Use props
Alex_Collard
New

United States

Scobo Posted at 2017-10-7 10:24
A few things I've made for the Spark with our 3D printer.  Here's the STL files if anyone wants them.

that's so cool!
2017-10-13
Use props
doZer the ogre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78563 ft
United States

Scobo Posted at 2017-10-7 10:24

awesomesauce!!
2017-10-14
Use props
makatanav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25427 ft
Latvia

1st thing ordered - OTG cable
2nd - remote bag
actually didn't liked the separate bags for spark combo and remote, so ordered [url=https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... or/32832994862.html]compact combo bag[/url],  will be arriving realy soon
then ordered 3rd battery on local store
remote joystick protector
ND8 arrived at postal office, hadn't collected jet
2017-10-16
Use props
makatanav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25427 ft
Latvia

+ Controller Signal Booster in transit
2017-10-16
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

A good case is a must have! No point spending all that money on a drone for it to break in your bag! If you're interested you can check out this list of Spark backpacks and cases. An iPad Mini (3 or 4) is always good, if you do decide on a tablet you'll need a tablet mount on a sun hood. I like to have a landing pad as well as the Sparks body lays so low to the ground, this will help prevent stuff like sand and dust get into the drone. Thats just a couple of ideas there's so many things you can get for the Spark it's crazy, especially considering how new the drone is. If anyone is interesed, there's this list of some of the must have Spark accessories.
2017-10-18
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks for all of the comments. My Spark shopping list has massively increased!
2017-10-19
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I got the combo + 2 more batteries + RC stick protectors + hand/finger guards for palm launch/landing + landing pad, and I'm considering to get me a tablet holder from PGYTECH and sun hod, and maybe the gimbal and 3d sensor protector.
2017-10-19
Use props
His415
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105853 ft
United States

Got these ebay filters and they work well with a bit of modification.

Here's my review of them.

2017-10-19
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

- Gamble protector
- Prop fixed holder
- Len and sensor protection glass
- Remote sticks protective clip

Have the sunshade, have not used it yet.

Planning to buy legs soon.
2017-10-19
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

I have atm stuff from china aliexpress -
- engine/motor protectors
- gimbal in transport porotector

awaiting for delivery
- legs with props protectors
- gimbal in fly shader/protector
2017-10-20
Use props
djiuser_dtScjdPQaVNb
New
Flight distance : 16 ft
United States

medyq69 Posted at 2017-10-20 03:41
I have atm stuff from china aliexpress -
- engine/motor protectors
- gimbal in transport porotector

Does using a OTG Cable void the warranty of the Spark with DJI? I read this somewhere....
2018-6-13
Use props
djiuser_dtScjdPQaVNb
New
Flight distance : 16 ft
United States

djiuser_dtScjdPQaVNb Posted at 2018-6-13 13:10
Does using a OTG Cable void the warranty of the Spark with DJI? I read this somewhere....

Never mind, found a post that states it "May".
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for your interest in our accessories with a spark, as of the moment we are offering accessories bundle for our spark. Kindly check the link for the items that are included with this bundle.
https://store.dji.com/product/spark-accessories-combo
2018-6-13
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

- Flymore combo
- landing gear
- some filter that I didn't test yet
- gimbal protector
- RC protector

I'm thinking of getting
- battery safety holder
- otg cable
- a few more batteries
2018-12-29
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I bought the fly more combo and also bought these accessories:

Landing pad
Lekufee case that hold everything
PolarPro PL, ND4, ND8 and ND16 filters
Battery clip, to prevent the battery from popping out of the Spark in flight
OTG cable (work great!)
1 extra battery (3 in total)
64gb Sandisk Extreme pro card (the fastest)
A DecalGirl Distopia skin

And I am planning to buy :

Litchi app for waypoints
A portable charger with AC outlet: RavPower 27000 or 40000 mAh. 40000 could charge the whole set of 3 batteries a few times.

2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules