Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loss of App every flight
12Next >
2475 41 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Hello everybody,

I am using a Google Pixle, with the most up to date firmware. Every flight, my app turns off at least once. I usullay happens right at 40% battery. It's not the biggest deal, cause the controller is still connected, and I can just restart the app and it reconnects. However, due to this I don't fly much further than one mile away. I am afariad I will loose the app, and loose line of sight. I fly up in Nor Cal mountains, so my line of site is endless when I fly from mountain tops. However if I loose the app, and can't see the drone, any further than a mile and I would have a real hard time bringing her back..........

So what's the deal? Is it my Google pixle? The app? I am kind of a tech tard, so any help would be appreciated.
2017-10-2
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I've found the best practice when flying is to unburden the cell phone by switching to airplane mode (no pun intended) and shutting down other running processes (depending on your phone, you may have to go into the Settings app to do this).  I have an old Samsung S5 (no sim card - practically all other apps removed) which I use often with the Mavic and have had no disconnects.
2017-10-2
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-10-2 04:53
I've found the best practice when flying is to unburden the cell phone by switching to airplane mode (no pun intended) and shutting down other running processes (depending on your phone, you may have to go into the Settings app to do this).  I have an old Samsung S5 (no sim card - practically all other apps removed) which I use often with the Mavic and have had no disconnects.

I found the S5 very dependable as well with Go & Go4
2017-10-2
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-10-2 04:53

" best practice when flying is to unburden the cell phone by switching to airplane mode"

Second this approach as well.

Works for me on the 7 Plus with zero interference issues.  
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I the app keeps crashing, I suggest first reinstalling the app, and then you can try to turn the device to airplane mode. If it doesn't help, I would advise changing another device coz Google pixle is not on the support device list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine. 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-10-3
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

I have a Google Nexus 7 2013  (on the list)  and this happens to me as well.
2017-10-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Thanks everybody!

Couple suggestions givin:
1 airplane mode. I should have stated I always fly in airplane mode with no apps running.

2. Reinstall the app. Had not tried this yet. However, was not the problem. Reinstalled and the App crashes every time.

3. Buy new phone. Yea, I guess this is the best advice yet. Apple seems to be the better platform, but I saved for a long time just for the Mavic. I wont invest in a new phone also.

So is this my fate? Pay for a phone that is on the approved list or suffer app loss? That sucks.
2017-10-3
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

How are you connected to the controller ??  via the side conection or the lower USB port ??  if you have not tried the lower USB port give this a go.
2017-10-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

@anthony556

No idea how or why this would work. However I will give it a try.

Anybody else? DJI?
2017-10-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Never experienced it on my Nexus phones or tablets but a few things:

- Are you using a high quality proper USB cable or the pathetic one DJI supply?  Bottom USB or side port on the RC?
- How many apps and things are installed (People generally have huge amounts of resource eating apps)
- Are you running any battery "saver" apps or mods like greenify or things like background task killers.  These aren't needed and can cause chaos too.
- You can create a separate user for the mavic on the phone so its isolated from the normal one in terms of apps and resources.  Id suggest doing this and use airplane mode.

To troubleshoot also considering disabling the video cache to see what that does.  Most android devices work perfectly with DJI Go including the pixel.  Have you tried a phone factory reset then JUST use DJO Go before installing other apps?

2017-10-4
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bullet 1
I have the USB hooking up to the side of the controller with a cable DJI fly more pack provided

Bullet 2
Not many, I am not an app guy.

Bullet 3
No battery saver app. Just airplane mode

Bullet 4
Separate user, love this idea. Might help.

Last paragraph
I will try disabling the cache, and take all my storage of pictures ext and back it up on my external hard drive. I will also do a factory reset on my phone, and reinstall the app.

Last paragraph sounds like the only thing that might help, and if not it will eliminate a lot of the possible problems, so I might be able to further diagnose. Thank you!
2017-10-5
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

I guess I should have asked, what is a recommended cable to use then? If the DJI one is garbage?
2017-10-5
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Don't be afraid to lose your MP, be sure when taking off that the home point is correctly updated. When loose connection you can always hit the RC RTH buttom. Be sure so set enough height for RTH in your settings. Note watch out when flying between moutains and hills. MP set altitude to zero relative from the take off posistion.
I used the bottum USB port as well.
2017-10-5
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

@Jos A

This is my go to back up plan. Scares the crap out of me though, lol.
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

I would suggest trying to reinstall the app, switching the mobile device to airplane mode, shutting down other apps that don't need and see if these works.
Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine. 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-10-9
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Thank you. I tried all of the above, and I loose connection every flight.
2017-10-10
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-9 00:21
I would suggest trying to reinstall the app, switching the mobile device to airplane mode, shutting down other apps that don't need and see if these works.
Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine.[view_image]

And I would suggest devs to extend the list of compatible devices. The Mavic Pro is an expensive drone, the excuse "sorry, our devs are incompetent" is unacceptable.

How comes Litchi works perfectly on all devices? How comes DJI can't provide an app of the same quality?
2017-10-10
Use props
CosminSS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24547 ft
Romania

I have the same problem...i am loosing connection every time...i have an iPhone 7Plus.
I just ordered some new cables...i hope this will resolve my problem.
2017-10-10
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Samoth Posted at 2017-10-10 06:19
And I would suggest devs to extend the list of compatible devices. The Mavic Pro is an expensive drone, the excuse "sorry, our devs are incompetent" is unacceptable.

How comes Litchi works perfectly on all devices? How comes DJI can't provide an app of the same quality?

I don't know that "Litchi works perfectly on all devices" is an accurate statement. Litchi doesn't even bother posting Android model compatibility, instead offering a refund if it doesn't work on your particular model/os combination.

Keep in mind that Litchi has to work via DJI's API.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Samoth Posted at 2017-10-10 06:19

For now, there are so many Android devices in the market, it is very limited to test all of them. But once the test of the compatibility finished, the list will be extended. Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Hope your kind understanding.
2017-10-11
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Sorry, but DJI is a very large company, which sells expensive products.

Some small devs make apps that run on much more devices than DJI GO 4.

Since DJI Go is used for every DJI's drone (if I'm not mistaken), I would make it a number one priority.

One example of bad advertising due to DJI Go: http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/10/10/dji-spark-review-delightful-little-drone-weighed-abysmally-unstable-android-app/
2017-10-13
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bump.......... Bump
2018-1-25
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bump.................Bump
2018-1-27
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

I suggest first reinstalling the app, and then you can try to turn the device to airplane mode. If it doesn't help, I would advise changing another device
2018-1-27
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Tried everything you said, many time, for months
2018-1-27
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bump............Bump
2018-1-29
Use props
BigDaddy1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50010 ft
United States

I am new to the Mavic Pro...I downloaded all the firmware updates and installed latest version of DJI app.  I too get disconnected just about every flight...I have the LG V20 which is on the approved phone list.  At least 2 times my app has actually frozen and I have to take the battery out of the phone to re-start it.  Just yesterday, a friend (who also owns Mavic Pro) and I were flying and his phone ( a Samsung approved phone) lost connnection and froze.  So both of us using 2 different phones had same result of disconnection.  So my question is, is it the app or the new firmware for the remote and drone?  Are we just to fly everytime knowing we'll disconnect?   I use the RTH button on the remote each time it disconnects so drone always flies back safely but it is very nerve-wracking for this to happen to newbies like me.

Jeremy
2018-1-29
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

BigDaddy1 Posted at 2018-1-29 05:26
I am new to the Mavic Pro...I downloaded all the firmware updates and installed latest version of DJI app.  I too get disconnected just about every flight...I have the LG V20 which is on the approved phone list.  At least 2 times my app has actually frozen and I have to take the battery out of the phone to re-start it.  Just yesterday, a friend (who also owns Mavic Pro) and I were flying and his phone ( a Samsung approved phone) lost connnection and froze.  So both of us using 2 different phones had same result of disconnection.  So my question is, is it the app or the new firmware for the remote and drone?  Are we just to fly everytime knowing we'll disconnect?   I use the RTH button on the remote each time it disconnects so drone always flies back safely but it is very nerve-wracking for this to happen to newbies like me.

Jeremy

DJI wont respond or even talk about anything you asked. I have been asking for 3-4 months and they are worthless. Just utterly worthless.
2018-1-29
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bump.................Bump
2018-1-30
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bump....................Bump
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Bump........................Bump
2018-1-31
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-9 00:21
Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine.[view_image]

To reinstall the app and not lose all the Flight Records, its OK to only sync with the DJI cloud and after this delete the app?
2018-1-31
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-1-31 08:25
To reinstall the app and not lose all the Flight Records, its OK to only sync with the DJI cloud and after this delete the app?

That will work just perfectly. Then all flight records will be back at your phone after login to your account with new app.
2018-1-31
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-31 08:31
That will work just perfectly. Then all flight records will be back at your phone after login to your account with new app.

Thanks! I will try it today.
2018-1-31
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I have never experienced one problem. I am using a I pad mini that is dedicated only to my MP.  I keep up with all the updates.  
2018-1-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey bulldog - did you get to try another devise yet? i remember you did try one other but (although i appreciate the huge irritation of it) have you yet tried another devise.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

I have tried three. Google pixel, an android tablet, and an approved list I phone........ Nothing yet.
2018-1-31
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-31 12:01
I have tried three. Google pixel, an android tablet, and an approved list I phone........ Nothing yet.

So all those other phones also disconnect? If so, it could be a flaky cable.
2018-1-31
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-31 13:08
So all those other phones also disconnect? If so, it could be a flaky cable.

Various cables are also tested without success.
2018-2-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-1 05:05
Various cables are also tested without success.

Sounds like it could be hardware failure either in the remote or the AC. Time to send it in.
2018-2-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules