1155 23 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

I took my Spark out to the lake early Saturday morning. I'm still too paranoid to fly it over water, but I did shoot a panorama of the unusual lighthouse out there. The winds were gusting so I didn't know if the images would have been able to be stiched at all.  Even though I'm sure the wind caused the UAV to move around a bit, but the resulting image looks fine to me. Very impressed with my little SPARK.

panorama

panorama
2017-10-2
Use props
Bodrinkard
New
United States

Nice shot!
2017-10-2
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Looks good, glad its still not just me who remains paranoid about flying over water.
2017-10-2
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

I always fly over water no issues so far. Just flew along the beach and over a lake a few days ago.
2017-10-2
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do almost all my flying over salt water.  I live on a beach and the neighbors are mostly never here as it is a weekend/summer type place.  Beach on one side with a 200 foot bluff with lots of big trees on the other side of the house.   Much rather take my changes out over the water then in the forest.  
2017-10-2
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't hesitate to fly my other drones over water and have done it many times. It just this one that I'm concerned about. I've read of people with over 75 flights under their belt and still had their spark fall out of the sky.  I have all the updates installed, but I'm still not comfortable.  Hopefully I will be soon because that's one of the reasons I bought it.
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice pano picture. Beautiful light!
2017-10-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Amazing picture .. great job.
2017-10-2
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

Great colors!
2017-10-2
Use props
pr777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99692 ft
United Kingdom

Great composition and colours Spark is cool .....!
2017-10-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice picture!
2017-10-2
Use props
Centraltooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76539 ft
Thailand

Amazing picture! I do agree that those stories of Sparks falling out of the sky and flying away are quite a deterrent to fly over water.
2017-10-2
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Went flying over water today twice to see how far I could get away from the controller got to 2,140 meters and the second 2,991 meters away from the controller before signal was lost and RTH started.   The second flight went for a total of 7,021 meters Max Altitude 121 Meters lasted for 14:39 minutes battery was at 12% at the end of the flight.  Max speed was a little over 36KM/Hr.  I was firewalled on the speed.  My max speed ever with Spark was 50.6 KM/Hr not sure why I can't get up that fast anymore.

Get out there and fly!!  Spark is bored sitting on the shelf!
2017-10-4
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

JCStorbeck Posted at 2017-10-4 13:57
Went flying over water today twice to see how far I could get away from the controller got to 2,140 meters and the second 2,991 meters away from the controller before signal was lost and RTH started.   The second flight went for a total of 7,021 meters Max Altitude 121 Meters lasted for 14:39 minutes battery was at 12% at the end of the flight.  Max speed was a little over 36KM/Hr.  I was firewalled on the speed.  My max speed ever with Spark was 50.6 KM/Hr not sure why I can't get up that fast anymore.

Get out there and fly!!  Spark is bored sitting on the shelf!

LOL. No line of sight at that distance. As for me - I wouldn't take it that far for the simple reason I find it difficult to know front from back or up & down viewing an iPhone screen
2017-10-4
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

very nice shot
2017-10-4
Use props
stalters
lvl.2
United States

Very nice. Did you do some touch up work with it?
2017-10-4
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

nucmanchh Posted at 2017-10-4 14:14
LOL. No line of sight at that distance. As for me - I wouldn't take it that far for the simple reason I find it difficult to know front from back or up & down viewing an iPhone screen

I'm pretty sure photons that bounced off Spark hit my eyes at that range.  Actually seeing SPARK in blue skies ends for me about the range of a Cell Phone for controller.  
2017-10-4
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32251 ft
United States

Niiiiiiiice
2017-10-4
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

stalters Posted at 2017-10-4 16:16
Very nice. Did you do some touch up work with it?

Thanks everyone!

This was a pano, so a series of 6 shots from the spark. I stitched them together in Photoshop CS5. I did a little editing on the original image. Nothing too fancy, just some saturation and sharpness adjustments. I'm really impressed with the image quality from the spark!  

The side of the white building to the left (where the sun is hitting it) is blown out. Nothing that can be done about that. I wanted a pano, if not I would have done a bracketed shot to compensate for that. That building isn't the main focus of the image, so it's fine, it just gets on my nerves as I strive for perfection!  LOL
2017-10-7
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

By-the-way, This is Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana (just north-ish of New Orleans). The area in this photo is outside of the levee and flood wall protection. Weather forecasters in our area are predicting 6-8 feet of storm surge in the area pictured. If that happens, much of this will be under water later today. Most structures are built up (for that reason) so hopefully damage will be minimal. I actually took a ride out there this morning, but the flood gates have already been closed, so I couldn't get to this area at all. I'll go back after the storm (Hurricane Nate) passes to see how everything faired.
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Great picture!
2017-10-13
Use props
ENNN
New
China

PRETTY NICE SHOT! LOVE IT!
2017-10-13
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm really impressed with the Spark footage - great pic.
2017-10-13
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules