6136 24 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

So we have been recieving the RTK's in for shipment lately, and one thing I've noticed (After you spend a few hours updating everything), is that the copter refuses to takeoff without the RTK system being active.
The RTK system comes with a standard GLONASS GPS to replace one of the RTK satellites for regular GPS flight, however even then it refuses to fly.

It should be noted that the M210 has an internal GPS built in under the hood, and shouldn't require a second reciever attached. Also, to attach this second satellite, one has to plug it into the rear ports on the copter, possibly opening those ports up to the elements if flying in adverse conditions.

The main point of this thread is to discuss common issues related to the RTK and how they are overcome. I'll post my dealer solutions here as well.

Cheers

2017-10-2
Use props
RR3DR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108104 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone had trouble syncing the dual gimbals? or with updating the no fly zones?
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-2 17:15
Has anyone had trouble syncing the dual gimbals? or with updating the no fly zones?

Are you having trouble on either points? You should be able to update the No Fly Zone through the Assistant 2 Software.
2017-10-3
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-2 17:15

We've found that the X5S camera needs to be connected to port 1, and the XT needs to be plugged into port 2. Not sure it would make a difference for cameras that have built-in SDcard slots.

Haven't had issues updating the NFZ's with either plugging the Crystal Sky into the copter, or using Assistant 2. Make sure you have the data type switch set to either PC or Phone depending on what you're plugging the copter into.
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Thank you Quadrocopter for that answer. I have  a video tutorial that may help out as well: Mounting a Duel Gimbal on a Matrice 210
2017-10-3
Use props
RR3DR
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 07:25
Are you having trouble on either points? You should be able to update the No Fly Zone through the Assistant 2 Software.

I have tried using the assistant software. The updates download from the web fine. I get stuck at the "Transmitting" screen. It just sits at 0%. Where do I set the data type to PC? maybe that's what I'm missing
2017-10-3
Use props
RR3DR
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 08:48
Thank you Quadrocopter for that answer. I have  a video tutorial that may help out as well: Mounting a Duel Gimbal on a Matrice 210

The Dual gimbal mount came factory installed. I'm having trouble accessing both cameras. I can only see video from the right camera using the app. Should I be able to switch between the two?
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-3 10:04
I have tried using the assistant software. The updates download from the web fine. I get stuck at the "Transmitting" screen. It just sits at 0%. Where do I set the data type to PC? maybe that's what I'm missing

If it is stuck on zero percent, try waiting to see if the servers are busy. You can also reinstall the software but probably should hold off on that. Try logging out and restarting your computer and then log back in again to see if this helps.
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-3 10:06
The Dual gimbal mount came factory installed. I'm having trouble accessing both cameras. I can only see video from the right camera using the app. Should I be able to switch between the two?

Check the gimbal settings through the Assistant 2 app to see if the video is designed to go from the right camera. Were there any other issues with respect to the two gimbal set up? Did you review the video posted on how to install the two gimbal set up? Are  you using the Pilot App?
2017-10-3
Use props
RR3DR
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 11:30
Check the gimbal settings through the Assistant 2 app to see if the video is designed to go from the right camera. Were there any other issues with respect to the two gimbal set up? Did you review the video posted on how to install the two gimbal set up? Are  you using the Pilot App?

No issues with installation, the dual gimbal mount was installed at the factory.
I'm using the DJI Go 4 app that was factory installed on the Crystal Sky tablet. Should I download the pilot app?
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-3 12:57
No issues with installation, the dual gimbal mount was installed at the factory.
I'm using the DJI Go 4 app that was factory installed on the Crystal Sky tablet. Should I download the pilot app?

Yes sir. Please do. The Pilot App is what you would use.
2017-10-3
Use props
RR3DR
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 12:58
Yes sir. Please do. The Pilot App is what you would use.

Thank you. after some digging I finally found the pilot app is the setting.
2017-10-3
Use props
jackwrangham
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917057 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Quadrocopter, for the RTK issue if it’s anything like the standard RTK for A3, I’m the GO/Pilot App tap the satellite icon and the toggle switch to turn off RTK then should allow take off...
2017-10-4
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jackwrangham Posted at 2017-10-4 13:20
Hey Quadrocopter, for the RTK issue if it’s anything like the standard RTK for A3, I’m the GO/Pilot App tap the satellite icon and the toggle switch to turn off RTK then should allow take off...

Yup, thats exactly what you have to do to get it to use the internal GPS and let you fly.
2017-10-10
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

The solution of jackwrangham is indeed the right one. I've experienced however that this is not possible with the Clristalsky installed and the using the installed app.
2017-10-12
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

I have some issues activating the RTK groundsystem. I've used the M210/M210 RTK manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
On page 37 and 38 is the use of the RTK descriped.
Activating the M210 RTK Aircraft was succesfull done using the DJI Assistant 2. Connecting the RTK Groundsystem to the Assistant: the Assistant doesn't recognise the system, so it can't be activated.

Also the positions of the switch on the groundsystem is unclear: what to select in what situation?
2017-10-12
Use props
fans0f348e88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452753 ft
Canada

uavsolutionsmai Posted at 2017-10-12 09:45
I have some issues activating the RTK groundsystem. I've used the M210/M210 RTK manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
Activating the M210 RTK Aircraft was succesfull done using the DJI Assistant 2. Connecting the RTK Groundsystem to the Assistant: the Assistant doesn't recognise the system, so it can't be activated.

my M210 RTK came with the dual gimbal mount factory installed. I was able to sync the camera movements of the Z30 and X5S . updated the Z30. After updating the M210/X5S the X5S started to behave erratically (on a separate thread). Didn't have a lot of success with the Assist 2 app on PC and haven't attempted to update NFZs.

thanks for the tip about turning off RTK.

hoping its ok to post a few questions here?

-where was this switch for Data: PC/Phone

-when you fly 2 cameras on Gimbals, should the pilot still 3 video streams on the RC screen? the X5(s?), the Z30 AND the FPV camera?

-have not been able to get SDI output working on RC. HDMI worked fine and switched between cameras using RC commands. could not find SDI o/p options in Menu. any ideas?

-DJI advised to use the DJI Pilot App instead of DJI Go4 for the M210 RTK. Is there any reason to keep or use the DJI GO4 App if that system is ONLY going to be used with M210 RTK?

There is a small 3-position slide switch on the machine beside the rear ports. despite reading the manual, I'm still not entirely sure   what that swtich is for.

Thanks

BC
2017-10-12
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

BC,
the 3-position switch on the rear of the AC is the USB mode switch:
- left position: connect with PC/Ass2
- mid position: connect with PC /Ass2 for RTK settings
- right position: connect with mobil device
2017-10-15
Use props
NewsFlight24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452753 ft
Canada

uavsolutionsmai Posted at 2017-10-15 11:31
BC,
the 3-position switch on the rear of the AC is the USB mode switch:
- left position: connect with PC/Ass2

Thanks! a whole new world in the Assistant2 software!
2017-10-16
Use props
djiuser_jZXkGwW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37185 ft

Switzerland

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-3 14:49
Thank you. after some digging I finally found the pilot app is the setting.

Where can I find the dji pilot app? With two gimbals mounted I get the message "please use dji pilot when operation dual gimbals". I use a CrystalSky and an ipad tablet. Thanks.
2017-12-6
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

djiuser_jZXkGwW Posted at 2017-12-6 11:03
Where can I find the dji pilot app? With two gimbals mounted I get the message "please use dji pilot when operation dual gimbals". I use a CrystalSky and an ipad tablet. Thanks.

Pilot as an Android app. It's already on Crystalsky. Go to Apps & it's there. You can replace Go with Pilot on the start up screen.
2017-12-6
Use props
djiuser_jZXkGwW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37185 ft

Switzerland

broadlandboy Posted at 2017-12-6 11:11
Pilot as an Android app. It's already on Crystalsky. Go to Apps & it's there. You can replace Go with Pilot on the start up screen.

Thank you very much. For others who are looking for the dji pilot, you can change it here on the CrystalSky: Go to settings then launcher settings , then in each box you have a choice to which app is shown.
2017-12-6
Use props
Jacques850
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3816972 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

jackwrangham Posted at 2017-10-4 13:20

Thanks jackwrangham. Your post saved my life, really.
2017-12-28
Use props
ninox
lvl.1

Malaysia

uavsolutionsmai Posted at 2017-10-12 09:45

I have the same issue. I have followed the steps in the manual and spent two days on this and still cant get the DJI Assistant 2 to recognise the RTK devices. Can anyone help with this ????
2018-1-15
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 953596 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HI, if I purchase the M210 RTK with Crystal Sky device and it comes with Cadence radio r/c ,  do I need to purchase the RTK groundsystem separately  or does it come with the Matrice M210 RTK ?   
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules