Things were going so well... and then it went all floppy
1146 7 2017-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

So, as I've already mentioned on other threads, after re-doing the latest official firmware upgrade with no SD card, things have been going pretty well. I took my drone on holiday to Italy and everything went well for a couple of days. I was flying over a castle and my camera flipped out. I mean REALLY flipped out.
I've seen it a few times where you get the maximum tilt error and it wigs out, but it always returns to normal. This did not return to normal. It was dancing all over the place. It took me a full minute to confirm that I was not hurtling towards the ancient landmark. I initated a RTH because I could not get my bearings in FPV and landed with the camera still bouncing around.

I was in 1080p, so not the 4K issue others have had.

I uploaded the flight data to airdata and there was nothing - no warnings, no errors.

Anyone else had anything like this with latest FW? I didn't calibrate the camera after the upgrade. Perhaps that caused it?
2017-10-2
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

i had v2 firmware turn gimbal motors off several times, but i was always grounded, never mid-flight. reboot would fix, but i'm back to prior firmware due to flight behavior issues with v2..
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Is the gimbal still behaving as such? Did you fly it in a few different spots? Is it possible it was windy where it was at?
2017-10-2
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-2 12:29
Is the gimbal still behaving as such? Did you fly it in a few different spots? Is it possible it was windy where it was at?

0.3 mph winds. Like I say, I've witnessed the error from flying in high winds - and this was NOT such an error. I haven't had a chance to fly since, but it is behaving normally on ground testing.

I hope it was a bug and not a hardware issue. Will test again as soon as it stops raining (around April perhaps)
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-10-2 12:47
0.3 mph winds. Like I say, I've witnessed the error from flying in high winds - and this was NOT such an error. I haven't had a chance to fly since, but it is behaving normally on ground testing.

I hope it was a bug and not a hardware issue. Will test again as soon as it stops raining (around April perhaps)

Is that the wet season in United Kingdom? Please let us know what you have found. We are here for you.
2017-10-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-2 13:33
Is that the wet season in United Kingdom? Please let us know what you have found. We are here for you.

To quote Billy Connolly:-

"“There are two seasons in Scotland. June and winter.”
2017-10-2
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

.106 fw caused gimbal power lost occasionally. Goback to .602 everything is good.
2017-10-2
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For anyone interested, here is a clip of the camera malfunction in all its glory (fast forwarded a little in the middle to show the craziness at the end)
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules