Gimbal noise and calibration fail
1859 15 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Titanbot 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2485909 ft
United States

Gimbal noise getting worse every day, now won't get past 6%. Waiting for firmware update but glad I'm still within 15 days, if i no update soon its going back, sucks not even a week old.
2017-10-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Might as well go ahead and send it on it's merry way.
2017-10-3
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I had the same problem. Try the following method. Turn the drone on. Turn the face up so the camera is facing straight up and let the drone lean to its back motors. The go to settings and hit gimbal calibration. This solved my problem
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please leave me with your DJI account? I will forward a beta for you to try with.
2017-10-4
Use props
mathewk11174
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164049 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-4 23:55
Could you please leave me with your DJI account? I will forward a beta for you to try with.

I messaged you my account email, can i please have the P4P beta I am having the same gimbal issues, its definitely having issues 50 50 with calibration, have to restart craft in hopes it finishes each time I try  sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Very frustrating and scary wondering if this noise is hurting the gimbal when it does it!
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mathewk11174 Posted at 2017-10-5 03:32
I messaged you my account email, can i please have the P4P beta I am having the same gimbal issues, its definitely having issues 50 50 with calibration, have to restart craft in hopes it finishes each time I try  sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Very frustrating and scary wondering if this noise is hurting the gimbal when it does it!

Sorry for the late reply. The beta is available to your account now. Please check.
2017-10-5
Use props
mathewk11174
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 04:06
Sorry for the late reply. The beta is available to your account now. Please check.

Thank you so much, i will let you know if it helps, obviously its a beta and i know it will probably have other issues, but will at least tell me the next public release has hopes of being useable.
2017-10-5
Use props
ShotbyLukeW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 405200 ft
Australia

mathewk11174 Posted at 2017-10-5 04:36
Thank you so much, i will let you know if it helps, obviously its a beta and i know it will probably have other issues, but will at least tell me the next public release has hopes of being useable.

Let us know how you go! ive got a p4p and having the same issue with noisy gimbal and it won't calibrate past 50%
2017-10-5
Use props
mathewk11174
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 04:06

Ok, it def fixes the stuck at 50% issue, I see no other changes or differences then the current release atleast, all operating the same accept no noise during calibration of gimbal.

One thing to note, I also noticed with the current public release, when gimbal is set to lock gimbal during picture taking, the gimbal would make that annoying buzzing sound before it takes a picture along with the clicking sound of the machanical shutter, totally different noises obviously.

Now,with the beta version, I only heard the vibration gimbal sound 1st time trying to take picture with that gimbal lock setting on, after that first picture, gimbal was quiet.

In the current public, if gimbal lock setting is off, there is no buzzing sound from gimbal, so it seems that one issue with current is when it needs to lock the gimbal, it does not seem to like this, prob what happens during the calibration when it gets stuck, the gimbal locks at 50% and then the buzzing begins just as it does taking a still picture with that gimbal lock feature turned on in camera settings.

I notice the gimbal still makes loud vibration sound when I tilt AC hard on its right side if looking at AC from the front, like I show in my video earlier. But, maybe that is really not an issue since how often does the AC tilt that far over, but this could be an issue cause I see this gimbal also flips out when flying to the right at 19 to 20mph according to some other guys video I had seen.

Maybe all this is related?

Maybe its not a software issue at all, maybe its just a manufacturing issue with our gimbals, maybe there all faulty on a certain assembly line?

Never had any noises like this on P3P, sad that I trust my P3P more then this P4P, love the features of the P4P, but def do not trust this model, just read to many issues on here with it, hopefully updates will eventually catch up and fix them one day. Def scared of this loss of signal issues, but I have not left my backard yet, so no idea if I will have that issue, just don't trust the drone at this point, scared it will just flip out on me at this point.

Maybe after I do more backyard flight I will learn to trust it, time will tell.
2017-10-5
Use props
Pricegeographic
New
United States

I have also started getting noise and heat on my gimbal. Get the message gimbal overload that filickers back and forthe from "normal". It started after the last update. In the last few flights using Map Pilot, the gimbal gets floppy, rotating back and forth 10 degrees or so, and and not staying square to the flight direction. Still takes pics and flies normally. The camera points off to the right when the drone is one the ground whether powered up or not. It seems that it does not recenter when it is moved.

Can you load the beta firmware to my account? pricegeographic@gmail.com  

Anybody have any success with the beta firmware solving the problem?
2017-10-6
Use props
Tchandler
New
United States

Having almost same problem just got phantom 4 pro 2 days a go and gimbal is making noise in down position then when I try to raise it it starts jumping and reads gamble overload any advice Already calibrated everything still same issue
2017-10-7
Use props
Tchandler
New
United States

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl4jaA4q4lQ
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mathewk11174 Posted at 2017-10-5 05:47
Ok, it def fixes the stuck at 50% issue, I see no other changes or differences then the current release atleast, all operating the same accept no noise during calibration of gimbal.

One thing to note, I also noticed with the current public release, when gimbal is set to lock gimbal during picture taking, the gimbal would make that annoying buzzing sound before it takes a picture along with the clicking sound of the machanical shutter, totally different noises obviously.

I noticed the noise when I tilted the gimbal very largely before, and it was confirmed quite normal. No worries about this.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Tchandler Posted at 2017-10-8 05:55
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl4jaA4q4lQ

I had watched your video, please leave me with your DJI account so I can push the beta to you.
2017-10-9
Use props
mathewk11174
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-9 18:19
I noticed the noise when I tilted the gimbal very largely before, and it was confirmed quite normal. No worries about this.

Ahh, ok, thankyou.

I have been flying each day in my backyard and honestly, no issues so far with gimbal, using Beta, I am getting use to the power of this drone compared to my P3P, so feeling more trusting of it, I guess it was just a matter of taking short flights first.  But so far its performing very well.

Still scared to take it out far though, have not went farther then 0.3 miles, so scared one of these loss reception issues will pop up like others have complained about, but so far no reception issues at all. Just need to test long range when I get away from all these homes in my neighborhood.

But thanks for the Beta update, not sure if it is coincidence or not, but no issues with wavy video from gimbal vibrations since update.

I also am not limited to 2.4ghz like some users here, 5.8ghz working just fine and all other features work normal with Beta for me as well.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mathewk11174 Posted at 2017-10-9 23:05
Ahh, ok, thankyou.

I have been flying each day in my backyard and honestly, no issues so far with gimbal, using Beta, I am getting use to the power of this drone compared to my P3P, so feeling more trusting of it, I guess it was just a matter of taking short flights first.  But so far its performing very well.

Glad to learn about that. Sometimes confidence comes from experience. Practice more and you'll be encouraging. Happy flying.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules