Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P+ new firmware
2012 20 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

Has anyone with a Plus model installed the firmware released on September 30th, 2017? I would like to know what issues may have come up or did it help with some of the current ones such as RC not connecting with the AC on initial boot up and having to shut it down and reboot the RC severla times before it will show things like battery status and GPS connection?

2017-10-3
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

Had some problem in the beginning with the collision avoidance and sensing, which I will check and verify in the next few days when the rain stops.
2017-10-5
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I havent really encountoured any issues with it at all i seems very stable
2017-10-6
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
United States

Rain has stopped and have resolved all sensor problems, haven't put the P4P+ through its paces yet but I don't expect any problems from the upgrade ( I hope! )  have only clocked 15 minutes of time on the latest update.
2017-10-9
Use props
Ynko36
New
Flight distance : 256637 ft
Finland

avoid it until a bug is solved
2017-10-9
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

Ynko36 Posted at 2017-10-9 06:19
avoid it until a bug is solved

What "bug" are you referring to? Sounds like others have not run into a problem?
2017-10-9
Use props
Ynko36
New
Flight distance : 256637 ft
Finland

racer888 Posted at 2017-10-9 08:01
What "bug" are you referring to? Sounds like others have not run into a problem?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386
I cannot fly any more, as the latest firmware requires a n impossible phone number
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

RMJovo Posted at 2017-10-5 17:01
Had some problem in the beginning with the collision avoidance and sensing, which I will check and verify in the next few days when the rain stops.

Have you tried any calibrations through the Assistant 2 software? What kind of issues have been experiencing?
2017-10-9
Use props
Waterfalls69
New

United States

I downloaded the DJI Go 4 app for iPad. I had considerable trouble trying to type in my user name, password and verification code, although I could change the VC code no problem. It felt like my iPad lost its touch ability. I finally was able to enter said information but it took nearly an hour to do so. I also could not find any place in the app to check the firmware my drone had installed.
2017-10-9
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Waterfalls69 Posted at 2017-10-9 18:24
I downloaded the DJI Go 4 app for iPad. I had considerable trouble trying to type in my user name, password and verification code, although I could change the VC code no problem. It felt like my iPad lost its touch ability. I finally was able to enter said information but it took nearly an hour to do so. I also could not find any place in the app to check the firmware my drone had installed.

Please read OP, it's P4P PLUS firmware he's talking about...
2017-10-9
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

J'ai perdu mon premier p4p + avec le .608, avec le nouveau j'ai fait quelques mouches avec cette mise à jour puis je suis retourné au .602, j'ai aussi eu des problèmes de connexion entre l'application djigo et le drone voir la photo

bug

bug
2017-10-9
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-9 12:34
Have you tried any calibrations through the Assistant 2 software? What kind of issues have been experiencing?

No I have not done any calibration since the update. After I took the P4P+ to a open field for a test flight all system worked ok and both forward and backward sensors were tested and worked. ......
The original problem occurred after the update and I received multiple warnings that sensors were not working, but the next day when I took the P4P+ out for the test flight all worked ok, I haven't been able to determine if it was a software or hardware glitch.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

RMJovo Posted at 2017-10-10 05:22
No I have not done any calibration since the update. After I took the P4P+ to a open field for a test flight all system worked ok and both forward and backward sensors were tested and worked. ......
The original problem occurred after the update and I received multiple warnings that sensors were not working, but the next day when I took the P4P+ out for the test flight all worked ok, I haven't been able to determine if it was a software or hardware glitch.

If everything is working ok, consider a couple more test flights but also consider using the Assistant 2 software to see if it is getting any further warnings. So far, it sounds more software then hardware related.
2017-10-10
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Waterfalls69 Posted at 2017-10-9 18:24

click on the three dots in upper right corner to access General Settings, then scroll all the way down to "About" and click it. It usually works...
2017-10-10
Use props
MrMPod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172746 ft

I describe my problem with Phantom 4 Pro Plus with newest update here ... with recording waypoints and during upload to drone its stuck on 95% and after repeating is saying that altitude is too high for 100m and works with 50m

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2017-10-10
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Olivier Vietti- Posted at 2017-10-9 20:46
J'ai perdu mon premier p4p + avec le .608, avec le nouveau j'ai fait quelques mouches avec cette mise à jour puis je suis retourné au .602, j'ai aussi eu des problèmes de connexion entre l'application djigo et le drone voir la photo

Just wondering, don't you have any range problems on .602?

After the .602 my + got all the stability issues, and a lot of range trouble, before .602 i could even take a flight around the buildings on my property in a height of 1 meter, now it just disconnect out of the blue, often within a few 100m and free sight to AC.

And for the ones feel like asking, yes my antennas is pointing right.
240m_disconnect.png
2017-10-15
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-15 03:15
Just wondering, don't you have any range problems on .602?

After the .602 my + got all the stability issues, and a lot of range trouble, before .602 i could even take a flight around the buildings on my property in a height of 1 meter, now it just disconnect out of the blue, often within a few 100m and free sight to AC.

With the 602 and the 608 there are connection problems, in the evening it's just problematic, if you try early in the morning before sunrise you will have no problem
2017-10-15
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
United States

I just had a small problem with the new firmware/ software level when switching from 2G to 5G. When I switch from 2G to 5G the icon on the main screen still said 2G even though the controller was using 5G. It took 3 attempts to get the icon on the main screen to read the correct frequency. Looks like a small problem with updating the main screen after the change, I will investigate this problem in the coming days, if you have had a problem when switching frequencies let me know if you would, thanks
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RMJovo Posted at 2017-10-16 15:08
I just had a small problem with the new firmware/ software level when switching from 2G to 5G. When I switch from 2G to 5G the icon on the main screen still said 2G even though the controller was using 5G. It took 3 attempts to get the icon on the main screen to read the correct frequency. Looks like a small problem with updating the main screen after the change, I will investigate this problem in the coming days, if you have had a problem when switching frequencies let me know if you would, thanks

Could you please provide a short video about this issue?
2017-10-16
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-16 22:05
Could you please provide a short video about this issue?

Diana,

I tried today to reproduce the problem, but each time I switched from 2.4 to 5.8 the main screen displayed the correct frequency. Sorry I’m unable to reproduce this problem. I use the 5.8G most of the time and I will watch to see if this problem comes up again.

Thanks for your concern with this glitch I observed yesterday.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RMJovo Posted at 2017-10-17 06:56
Diana,

I tried today to reproduce the problem, but each time I switched from 2.4 to 5.8 the main screen displayed the correct frequency. Sorry I’m unable to reproduce this problem. I use the 5.8G most of the time and I will watch to see if this problem comes up again.

You are welcome. please feel free to contact us if it comes up again.
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules