Data Analysis after fw v1.9.20: minor signal interruptions.
683 4 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

Hello,
I wanted to report the following after updating my P3S at the new fw 1.9.20 (DJI GO App Android Versione 3.1.11):
after each flight I download and analyze the data through the AIRDATA UAV application.
I noticed that in the 6 flights carried out after the update there are different, albeit mild, "signal leaks". In particular, the "signal Strength Map" is often orange and before the upgrade, on almost all flights (about 40) the signal was always green. In addition, the "signal strength score", before the updating, was almost always at 100, rarely 80-90 (0-100 higher is better), while at last it reached 82.0 (average 66.54)
How does  this happen?
sorry for my poor English!
Drone ON

Note:
- Signal Strength Map - green is good signal, orange is fair, red is poor and purple  is very poor. It calculates signal strength based on the connection to  the remote - it searches for signal loss based on minor signal  interruptions;
- Signal Strength Score ™ - This is using the same data that the [url=]Signal Strength Map[/url] presents.                        It calculates the score based on the overall signal strength throughout the flight.                         Use this score to compare different factors such as different altitudes, remote control locations and antenna mods!                        

2017-10-3
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Many external factors can effect the number of lost and re-sent packets. The only legit reason to complain is if you now lose signal long enough to initiate RTH while flying under the exact conditions flown before the upgrade. Frankly, I've never had to watch a signal strength bar because I always expect the reading to change throughout a flight.  Good call on the AIRDATA app!
2017-10-3
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Italy

Betamace Posted at 2017-10-3 18:52
Many external factors can effect the number of lost and re-sent packets. The only legit reason to complain is if you now lose signal long enough to initiate RTH while flying under the exact conditions flown before the upgrade. Frankly, I've never had to watch a signal strength bar because I always expect the reading to change throughout a flight.  Good call on the AIRDATA app!

With this intervention I just wanted to share a reflection after some tests with the new FW. I fly almost always in the same place and under the same conditions because every time I try some functions (with ND or CPL filters, intelligent flight mode, etc.). It's strange that since I installed the new fw these anomalies occur.
MaxBDS
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Haven't heard much on this algorithm. However,you did mention antenna mods. Perhaps that may have something to do with it. Also altitudes and outside interference may have a factor as well.  
2017-10-4
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-4 13:15
Haven't heard much on this algorithm. However,you did mention antenna mods. Perhaps that may have something to do with it. Also altitudes and outside interference may have a factor as well.

Thank you for your answer.
However, I have not changed anything and often fly in the same area to practice while always paying attention to the correct orientation of the antenna (I'm afraid of the RTH! ;) hi, hi, hi).
About 40 flights before the implementation of the new FW and no signal problem or at most some very rare and very few signal losses (always drawn green). Now it seems that mild signal loss is a constant .. (often drawn orange).
Anyway, I'm going to carry out further tests and share the results with you.
Thanks a lot
MaxBDS
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules