Moderator / Administrator
1524 17 2017-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I posted this question awhile back and was hoping I could get a definitive answer from a  DJI Moderator.

I recently purchased a used P4P that was previously activated under a different account other than my own, is there a way to get this previously owned item registered / activated under my current account?

I have tried signing out then signing back in through the Go4 App with the P4P up and running, just can't get it recognized to show the Icon for the P4P under my Avatar.

RC Version 01.04.01.00           AC FW Version 01.04.0602

Not sure if this can even be done, all my other DJI products were purchased new and show up immediately once activated.

Any help appreciated
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Do you have a new account or a current one? If you have not created an account, simply download the app and create an account. Once you activate it, it will acknowledge you as the owner of the aircraft.
2017-10-3
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I'm guessing he already has an account, because:
1. He's posting here
2. He has 3 devices and 39k flight meters to his name
2017-10-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 12:41
Do you have a new account or a current one? If you have not created an account, simply download the app and create an account. Once you activate it, it will acknowledge you as the owner of the aircraft.

I have an existing current account with 3 DJI Products activated, I want to add a previously owned / used P4P that I just purchased to my account?

Are you saying I have to uninstall my current Go 4 App then re-install it with the P4P connected?
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-3 12:55
I have an existing current account with 3 DJI Products activated, I want to add a previously owned / used P4P that I just purchased to my account?

What happens when you log into the app with your account information?
2017-10-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-3 12:56

Everything work fine, connects up to the P4P and ready to fly. Both with Samsung S5 & Crystal Sky.
2017-10-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Damn I thought I was getting close then the ball gets dropped, feel like it's New Years Eve 1999, must be that Y2K thing !
2017-10-3
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Mark what happened to you, thought you were going to give me an answer or resolution to this question / issue?
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, I am sorry to tell the activated account can not be switched, and the avatar only shows when the login account on this forum is the same as the activated account. So if the drone was activated before, and the account is not the account you log in on this forum, the avatar will not show.
2017-10-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-4 19:41
Hi there, I am sorry to tell the activated account can not be switched, and the avatar only shows when the login account on this forum is the same as the activated account. So if the drone was activated before, and the account is not the account you log in on this forum, the avatar will not show.

OK Thank you Thor
2017-10-5
Use props
fans25c461fe
New
Flight distance : 129675 ft
United States

Is there an answer anywhere in these posts? I cant find it.

i also bought a used phantom 4 and i already have a phantom 4 advanced. When i try to use the used drone the djigo  app says its disconnected and i cant figure out how to connect it. Anyone have any ideas?
2017-10-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-4 19:41

Thor:

I've asked about this before and never got a working answer/resolution.  I have a similar problem.  I have had a Phantom 3A for well over 2 years.   I fly it, I sync the flights, etc.  After I got my Mavic, you started doing the icons showing aircraft with the avatars.  My Phantom has never shown up under the avatar, only the Mavic.  What is the answer to this?
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-10-7 13:45
Thor:

I've asked about this before and never got a working answer/resolution.  I have a similar problem.  I have had a Phantom 3A for well over 2 years.   I fly it, I sync the flights, etc.  After I got my Mavic, you started doing the icons showing aircraft with the avatars.  My Phantom has never shown up under the avatar, only the Mavic.  What is the answer to this?

So you activated your Phantom 3A by the same account you log in here, right? Could you please provide me with your DJI email account and your P3A's serial number? I'll help to check.
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-10-7 13:45
Thor:

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I have received your PM, but I found that the activated account for Phantom 3 Adv is not the same as your provided to me. So, it is the reason. Maybe you forgot.
2017-10-12
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-12 23:05
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I have received your PM, but I found that the activated account for Phantom 3 Adv is not the same as your provided to me. So, it is the reason. Maybe you forgot.

Then that's a problem because I have no idea what else it would be.  Can you tell me?  I bought it new from a local dealer in July for my August birthday over two years ago (2015).  If you can tell me what it is, I can try to change it.

I thought the email/password for the Go app was the same as the forum login???  The one I gave you is the one I use for the forum.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-10-13 10:15
Then that's a problem because I have no idea what else it would be.  Can you tell me?  I bought it new from a local dealer in July for my August birthday over two years ago (2015).  If you can tell me what it is, I can try to change it.

I thought the email/password for the Go app was the same as the forum login???  The one I gave you is the one I use for the forum.

Just to verify, so you want the account that activated the Phantom 3 Adv, right? I am sorry I can't provide it to you because of the privacy policy. If you need more information, you can try to contact support.us@dji.com for a further help.
Please note that the activated account for the drone cannot be changed, and the login account is alright if it is different with the activated account.
Thanks for your understanding.
2017-10-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-14 01:49
Just to verify, so you want the account that activated the Phantom 3 Adv, right? I am sorry I can't provide it to you because of the privacy policy. If you need more information, you can try to contact support.us@dji.com for a further help.
Please note that the activated account for the drone cannot be changed, and the login account is alright if it is different with the activated account.
Thanks for your understanding.

It would appear that the problem is the local dealer flew it to check it out right before I picked it up.  That's their policy.  They test it to see that all is okay before the customer picks it up.  If he had to register it for that, he put something in it that I don't know.  They do that and then take the customer to a field to let let him fly for awhile getting to know the basics before turning them loose with it.  Makes it hard for me to come up with a registration.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-10-16 09:07
It would appear that the problem is the local dealer flew it to check it out right before I picked it up.  That's their policy.  They test it to see that all is okay before the customer picks it up.  If he had to register it for that, he put something in it that I don't know.  They do that and then take the customer to a field to let let him fly for awhile getting to know the basics before turning them loose with it.  Makes it hard for me to come up with a registration.

Got that, then I know what the case is, and I think you might be aware of it now. The retailer activated your drone for testing, which is really responsible, and he entered his account for the activation, so the drone's activated account is not yours, then the avatar doesn't show below your account.
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules