• >>>
Australia

2017-10-3
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Not enough detail there to say anything.  From what  can see it was a test done once (needs to be repeated) using 1 mavic (needs more than that) and at different times (wind, temperature, weather conditions etc).
It cant verify the battery has EXACTLY the same level to start, the RC power is the same and a whole host of other things.
It doesnt seem to mention what sound measurement tools were used, the calibration or anything of the sort either.
Its an "OK" attempt but doesn't really give anything like enough information to see if theres a difference.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

I noticed the new props dont rev as much as the old ones.= less battery usage =longer flight time
2017-10-4
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI does state that they provide more lift than the stock ones - Less engine power needed - more flight time. Good to maybe see they work in a similar way than the Platinum without the new ESC's. Still awaiting mine being sent although I ordered as soon as I got the available mail from DJI.
2017-10-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered the new Props and the shipment was lost this week. FedEx found them, and now they are on the way again.... so maybe I can try a test of my own

Rich
2017-10-4
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Viewed a few vids showing quieter for the newer props on the MP by 2-3 dbs but not providing longer flight times that's for sure. Don't care just looking forward to the new props.
2017-10-4
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

It has already been reported that the new props create more lift hence they have a steeper angle of attack thereby, reducing the amount of power required to lift the drone into the air .... this will result in less battery drain and longer flight times.

These test don't show anything new ... In my opinion I feel the new props are worthy of a try given the comparative low cost to the MPP.
2017-10-4
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Surprised I’m amongst the first to have received them, it would appear.  Got ‘em yesterday, and from what I can tell, they certainly are a wider blade, and they make more of a ‘fan’ sound than the original ‘high pitch fan’ sound from standard 8330’s.  I can tell the difference, but don’t have any real gear to measure proper dB drop.  From the local audio cache on my iPhone, I can only barely tell the difference between tests.  For the record though, they make my bird look better (at least when it’s not flying!)

YellowBird

YellowBird
2017-10-4
Use props
Krevvy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

Got mine today.. however looks like dji QC messed up... One of the props gold bits was bent up at 90 degrees... Gonna get them replaced not bothering to try
2017-10-4
Use props
Tyredecals.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Krevvy Posted at 2017-10-4 15:02
Got mine today.. however looks like dji QC messed up... One of the props gold bits was bent up at 90 degrees... Gonna get them replaced not bothering to try

I haven't got mine yet but i think there is going to be an issue with storage. All users need to be careful on storing the Mavic with the props attached. Due to the 'winglets' being thin, there are chances that the props will catch on to something and the winglets getting bent during storage.

I carry mine in a backpack and i think there is a good chance the props will snag onto something or get crushed/bent by loose items.
2017-10-4
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tyredecals.com Posted at 2017-10-4 16:25
I haven't got mine yet but i think there is going to be an issue with storage. All users need to be careful on storing the Mavic with the props attached. Due to the 'winglets' being thin, there are chances that the props will catch on to something and the winglets getting bent during storage.

I carry mine in a backpack and i think there is a good chance the props will snag onto something or get crushed/bent by loose items.

I'm just thinking they will suffer from more damage when I strike a tree. Hit may trees with the mavic and no real damage to date with the old props. Still like the new ones though.
2017-10-4
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

DownUnderDrones Posted at 2017-10-4 17:13
I'm just thinking they will suffer from more damage when I strike a tree. Hit may trees with the mavic and no real damage to date with the old props. Still like the new ones though.

You should really try to hit less trees.  I find it to be very effective.
2017-10-4
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2017-10-4 14:43
Surprised I’m amongst the first to have received them, it would appear.  Got ‘em yesterday, and from what I can tell, they certainly are a wider blade, and they make more of a ‘fan’ sound than the original ‘high pitch fan’ sound from standard 8330’s.  I can tell the difference, but don’t have any real gear to measure proper dB drop.  From the local audio cache on my iPhone, I can only barely tell the difference between tests.  For the record though, they make my bird look better (at least when it’s not flying!)[view_image]

Is that a little tracker on the back end of your aircraft?
2017-10-4
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
United States

Pumavic Posted at 2017-10-4 18:16
Is that a little tracker on the back end of your aircraft?

Indeed, it is the Loc8tor.  Supposed to be locatable up to 400ft away LOS.  I haven’t had to use it yet (other than testing), but that’s how insurance is supposed to work, on a good day...
2017-10-5
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Tyredecals.com Posted at 2017-10-4 16:25

I suspected damage because of the winglets could be a real issue.  I think I may stick with the old props given that they are virtually indestructible (I too hit lots of things!).
2017-10-5
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

gnirtS Posted at 2017-10-4 03:46
Not enough detail there to say anything.  From what  can see it was a test done once (needs to be repeated) using 1 mavic (needs more than that) and at different times (wind, temperature, weather conditions etc).
It cant verify the battery has EXACTLY the same level to start, the RC power is the same and a whole host of other things.
It doesnt seem to mention what sound measurement tools were used, the calibration or anything of the sort either.

Very precise, acurate interpratation.
Congrats.
2017-10-5
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

nice one, thanks. so negligable db improvement. i thought it might be a bit better but was sure anyway that whatever the improvement it would not be enough - and less than 1 min extra fly time which at first sounds like nothing but could just be the nessesary differance between getting home or falling into the ocean before yr eyes and over a period of 100 flights will give and extra hour and 40 mins
2017-10-5
Use props
vpasq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 763553 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-10-4 06:37
Ordered the new Props and the shipment was lost this week. FedEx found them, and now they are on the way again.... so maybe I can try a test of my own  

Rich

Wish DJI would figure out my order.  I signed up back in early Sep for the notification when available, got notified on Sep 27th, immediately ordered two sets, paid (and saw account charged), got a confirmation and order number from DJI and that was it.  Contacted them today only to be told the props are out of stock (that’s no surprise) and they are in high demand (again another no surprise) but no answer why they sent me a notification to buy, took my money, gave me an order number and nothing further.  Of course they apologized, but could not say when/if the order will be filled.  Really BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Never had any problem when I bought a Spark combo and Mavic Pro combo.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
2017-10-5
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-5 07:58
nice one, thanks. so negligable db improvement. i thought it might be a bit better but was sure anyway that whatever the improvement it would not be enough - and less than 1 min extra fly time which at first sounds like nothing but could just be the nessesary differance between getting home or falling into the ocean before yr eyes and over a period of 100 flights will give and extra hour and 40 mins

negligable db improvement

No. dB is not linear so a big improvement :-)
2017-10-5
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone tried the new props without updating their FW? I keep on reading about FW update required, but not sure if it applies to new Mavic, or also to original one.

If it's needed I'll hate to be forced to update my FW because of those, but I've been considering ordering them.
2017-10-5
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Same here bought props as soon as i got notified the 27th of sept and still has not shipped. And now they are telling me that they dont know when they will be in stock again....sure took my money fast though! What did they literally have like 10 sets and thats it? I mean what company, especially as big as dji does this? Especially on low dollar items. Come on dji get your act together man
2017-10-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

vpasq Posted at 2017-10-5 13:30
Wish DJI would figure out my order.  I signed up back in early Sep for the notification when available, got notified on Sep 27th, immediately ordered two sets, paid (and saw account charged), got a confirmation and order number from DJI and that was it.  Contacted them today only to be told the props are out of stock (that’s no surprise) and they are in high demand (again another no surprise) but no answer why they sent me a notification to buy, took my money, gave me an order number and nothing further.  Of course they apologized, but could not say when/if the order will be filled.  Really BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Never had any problem when I bought a Spark combo and Mavic Pro combo.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

really sorry to hear your story and it must have slipped through the cracks somehow. My order shipped but got lost by FedEx. FedEx found the package in Chicago and redirected it back to the original address... I think it is due today ...

Hang in there and I hope DJI gets this sorted out
Rich
2017-10-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

DownUnderDrones Posted at 2017-10-5 14:28
negligable db improvement

No. dB is not linear so a big improvement :-)

hey downunder - just checking with you  on yr last post to me - so is it the case that the noise improvement is good?
2017-10-6
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-6 13:00
hey downunder - just checking with you  on yr last post to me - so is it the case that the noise improvement is good?

Had quite a few flight over the weekend and the noise reduction is definitely noticeable.  Nothing was really affected with the new props. Time will tell.
2017-10-8
Use props
Norwegian Airlo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 854951 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Still waiting for mine, bought both from dji store (not shipped) and ebay, just for comparison. Can anyone verify that the ones on ebay is fake?
Another thing, if the new props give more lift, it also should mean an increase in top speed, can anyone verify that?
2017-10-9
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Thanks for your video, but this test should be performed in a closed environment in order to avoid variations due to the effect of the wind, which in your case seemed to be quite heavy
2017-10-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the tips are very very flexible i heard and they are little wider with steeper angel to them if every so slightly, that means sense, the wider and steep angel would mean more lift/less stability but the very flexible tips... i dont know if that helps that much? maybe part of the acoustic profile? having those counter other sounds? i dont think having tips that flexible would help aerodynamically.. but i could be wrong...

also while again not scientific enough and lack of repeatibility again...  atleast everythign is conistant with other reviews i seen.. get about 1-2 minutes more flight time (hover time actually) and they produce 2-4 db less.   with avg being 3db less... i am waiting on my props as well, but i doubt they will ever come...

so imma go with it and say, 1-2 minutes better flight time and 2-3db less noise...  thats very good improvment with just $10 part swaps !
2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules