Fear Flying Spark Falling Out Mid Air
2097 16 2017-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
killers.jayanth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33419 ft
India

Am I the Only one who has Fear When Flying Spark Far Away From the Home Point ?
I Had Few Crashes and Fall Outs Recently and My Hands Shiver Now a days While Flying

Is there any Way to Prevent Unknown Fallouts In Mid Air and Battery Detaching Automatically
2017-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is no fool proof way of avoiding fall outs as you say , preflight checks flying in the proper environment these will always help to make sure your spark is ready and set up for good flying.
The more you fly will give you more confidence, at first keep spark close get used to flying make sure that you have always good gps in the area you are flying in get used to telemetry on your phone app , once you gain confidence in your spark let it out a bit further it has great capabilities you will learn this as you gain more confidence. I’ll leave link below it will help you with your preparation.

Good luck.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-10-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have no fear of flying my spark.  I've even gotten over my anxiety of flying on the lake I frequent.

Pre-flight checks are your best defense against unwanted/undesired events during flight.  Even then you may face in-flight circumstances which will cause you stress.  Practice and self-training will help you prepare for unexpected in-flight events.

Reading the manual is important (read it twice), but then go out and practice everything.  Start simple, build up what you practice as you gain confidence.  Practice the various "Return to home" functions, practice "aborting" return to home maneuvers.  Practice landing.  Practice "obstacle avoidance" carefully so that you gain confidence in this capability.  After a few hours of flight, in a wide open space, practice sport mode.

Also, follow your local regulations.  There is occasional debate on the merits of these regulations, but for now it's safe to say that if you stay within your regulations, you'll have eliminated many "negative" possibilities and risks.
2017-10-4
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Classic symptom of flying any drone and it is always good to fly on the edge of caution and have your wits about you - as hallmark007 pointed out, confidence is a massive factor. I will never forget flying my Phantom 3 Pro for the first time and thought it was going to land on me when I reached a HUGE 100 feet above me LOL. Within three months I was taking it out fairly far away at 400 feet AGL with my main concern being the 4K video feed and exposure values. Like most things in life, take small gradual steps and believe in the drone. With the P4P all I think is thats £1500 of my money up there and that still makes me shake LOL but that said, none of my drones have crashed as I've taken the time to learn how to fly each of them and as boring as it is, by reading the manuals.  
2017-10-4
Use props
Joepub1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557818 ft
United States

It took me 40+ flights to finally take it up over 150 ft and 600 ft out. I feared software crashes and data loss more than I feared a mechanical  failure of the spark. I watch and listen to sparky for 15 to 30 seconds after takeoff before I send it on it's way now, with much more confidence that it will be OK.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Firstly, please make sure that all of your firmwares are up to date, the new firmware had optimized the arithmetic of the drone. And I am sorry to hear about the crashes, had you reported your case to our support team? Please contact our support support@dji.com and start a data analysis, we would help to look into the data. Besides, I don't suggest continuous flying the drone if it crashes and falls frequently. Please send it back for an overall check.
2017-10-5
Use props
killers.jayanth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33419 ft
India

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-5 02:11
Firstly, please make sure that all of your firmwares are up to date, the new firmware had optimized the arithmetic of the drone. And I am sorry to hear about the crashes, had you reported your case to our support team? Please contact our support  and start a data analysis, we would help to look into the data. Besides, I don't suggest continuous flying the drone if it crashes and falls frequently. Please send it back for an overall check.

As i Stay in India, I cannot send it Back
If i do So i wont be getting back due to Customs Risk
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

killers.jayanth Posted at 2017-10-5 04:44
As i Stay in India, I cannot send it Back
If i do So i wont be getting back due to Customs Risk

Where did you purchase the drone? I would recommend you contact the retailer, see if they can help you to send it back.
2017-10-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

El Diablo Posted at 2017-10-9 03:22
I don't think the battery, Spark falling out from the sky is an issue anymore after the latest update. For me the real danger is all these GPS / WiFi signal losses and Spark going nuts...

I would recommend you to select a good flight environment and take care of the aircraft performance.

2017-10-13
Use props
djiuser_gjLUHKA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16171 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-13 02:50
I would recommend you to select a good flight environment and take care of the aircraft performance.

https://youtu.be/w6Zf90zR378

Dear DJI Susan,
How exactly the user should “take care of the aircraft performance”?
Was this not the obligation of DJI?
2017-10-13
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_gjLUHKA Posted at 2017-10-13 04:56
Dear DJI Susan,

It does make me laugh - 'seize the moment' as long as you are in the middle of nowhere with nothing living around you then you should be fine LOL
2017-10-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"Is there any Way to Prevent Unknown Fallouts In Mid Air and Battery Detaching Automatically"
Only one,

DONT FLY
2017-10-14
Use props
F.A.H.
lvl.2
Brazil

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-10-14 08:02
"Is there any Way to Prevent Unknown Fallouts In Mid Air and Battery Detaching Automatically"
Only one,

good advice! Lol
2017-10-14
Use props
JMSpark1971
New
Flight distance : 4370 ft
United States

I have experienced the same issue as killers.jayanth with my Spark.  Luckily it was about 20’ away from home point and about 10’ above ground when it disconnected and fell to the ground,   For now, I’m being very careful where i fly, no flying over water or hard surfaces.  
2017-10-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"For now, I’m being very careful where i fly, no flying over water or hard surfaces."

Not over water, ok, but not over hard surface?
I really would like to see your leftover locations in video, now!
Also, it is not the surface alone , it is the height!

And if you watch this video it is not to expect, that the drone falls only vertically down.

2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_gjLUHKA Posted at 2017-10-13 04:56
Dear DJI Susan,

Generally, there will be reminder in APP if something goes wrong. Read the user manual for several times,  then practice makes perfect.
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules